• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would you move to Blackpool for double your money.

Options.

• I am from Blackpool and its the cultural capital of Britain so do one.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
I was watching the play off finals between Blackpool and Yeovil on Sunday with the lads down our local while battling with the worst roast I have ever had the misfortune to eat.

The lads and I did a mission to Blackpool about 10 years ago to celebrate my mates 18th and I have got to say I have never seen a worse place. Two nights there made me so glad to be from the South.

I have never seen such bad fashions, such rough birds or such dopo men.
I vowed never to go again.

However last season due to the fact we were beating all comers in the league I flew up there from Stansted to witness Freddys last mins winner.

Whilst the day itself was great for the result - Landing in Blackpool at 7am on january 2nd is not really my idea of fun. Even seeing Shrimper2thecore and his mates having a ten pin bowling session on the amusement acarde could not make the place seem like fun.

My mate Matt asked the question "Would you move to Blackpool to do the same job as you do now for double money".

I thought about this for all of a second and had to say No - Nothing is worth that money. Most of the lads agreed but a few seemed ok with the idea of moving to the Blackhole.

Could you make the move of shame just to chase the ££££'s?

:thump:

I would live anywhere for double the money, quite frankly. If it was a less salubrious place, you can afford a better standard of living.

I'm sure there are some luvverly places AROUND Blackpool... happily live in the Lake District on the shores of Windemere :)

However I'd rather live in Beruit than on a sink estate in the darkest depths of Lancashire.

Definately not. The whole area has a horrible feel about it.

After seeing and living with a Lancastrian girl for more than 3 years (I'm no longer with her luckily) I can say categorically that they're as mad as a box of frogs and there's absolutely no way on gods earth that you'd ever get me to live in that county.

They're, without a shadow of a doubt, the most unhinged people I have ever had the misfortune of knowing. Take that as a no!

A couple years of the northern monkeys and there dirty northern weather for a couple of years at double bubble would pretty much pay my mortgage off. I could handle that....

Only just mind you

It is, without doubt, my least favourite place on earth. I've been to some of the worst slums in East Africa, but none of them even remotely approached the absolute effluence of Blackpool. Ugh. Without going into full detail, I had my worst ever away trip up there this season (including a dust-up with some racists, a barney with a rugby league player and the worst game of the season). Plus the phrase "sporran of fat" was spawned to describe the residents. I'd rather live in London on half my current salary than Blackpool on twice as much of it.

Double your money, Buy a 12 bedroom mansion up there, Work for 5 years spending about a pound a day .. Collect your fortune, sell said mansion, head for home.. .. Find that said fortune now buys you a 1 Bed flat in Pitsea overlooking the tip

This is a weird thread for me as I have a very similar offer on the table but the town I would need to move to is Darlington not Blackpool. The answer is definitely "thanks but no thanks." It's not always about the money, especially when to earn it you'd need to endlessly surround yourself and your family with the kind of w@nkers you'd run 300 miles to avoid.....

I have a friend who owns a guest house in "Bonkpool" and she has lived there many years and hates it.

So ta Muchly. But NOWAY!

Back