• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We got in about an hour before, and were in the tier above. At that time, the scarves were clearly draped on as many of the seat backs as we could see in the 4 blocks mentioned. You could then see people coming along (one a bloke, carrying a little girl) and scooping them up. People on here have already admitted they took them, for whatever reason. Unfortunately, you will always get scumbags who take advantage of situations like this, however, at least none of our supporters were as bad as that lowlife Preston woman who prised Beckford's top out of that child's hands yesterday! Utterly disgraceful. :angry:
i never saw that have you got a link?.Disgraceful.

I watched the Preston highlights on the BBC last night, I wasn't sure if she was the child's mother or not but you can clearly see the kid pleading with her as she snatched it from him after he'd caught it

if she did take it for herself then hope she's shamed and banned by PNE

they also showed the Southend game, but poor editing meant they missed some of the crucial points... Lots of interviews with our players though

anyway where's my yellow scarf :smile:

Nope, it's apparently on Gumtree for £1,500 and she's claimed she did it as she's had her benefits cut.

Benefits cut but she can afford tickets near the front/half-way line at Wembley? Anyway, not the place.....

I and six of my friends got to our seats in 133 30 minutes before to see no scarfs. Shame as I wanted one.

I can now announce that it was the club who supplied the scarves. I knew before but was asked to keep it quiet as it is not allowed because Wembley don't want to stop their own people making lots of cash.

Thanks Ron and Steve K.

Benefits cut but she can afford tickets near the front/half-way line at Wembley? Anyway, not the place.....

I and six of my friends got to our seats in 133 30 minutes before to see no scarfs. Shame as I wanted one.
What row were you as it seemed to vary as to what Block you were in. Take Block 135 for example quite a few scarves on seats that were not sold.

I could see this happening so I went to my seat an hour before kick off to get my scarf before getting to the bar. A steward stopped me and asked to see my ticket to make sure I wasn't stealing someone elses (block 133). I was quite impressed with that.

Now we are aware it was SUFC that donated the scarfs, can we please have them in the club shop?.

Confession to make.

My 10 year old son was one who took a yellow scarf, but he was only 3 rows behind where the line of scarfs ended in block 136.

He is a reguler at the hall standing towards the back of block W with his dad.

This kid of mine has 2 yellow away shirts which he wears consistantly, and will even take his pyjamer top off at night and will sleep in yellow SUFC shirt.

I hope you can understand why he did it, and forgive this kid as being a poacher, as this scarf he will treasure and proberly tell the tale of the day at wembley to his own kids as he passess the same scarf down to them. :smile:

Snr.

Confession to make.

My 10 year old son was one who took a yellow scarf, but he was only 3 rows behind where the line of scarfs ended in block 136.

He is a reguler at the hall standing towards the back of block W with his dad.

This kid of mine has 2 yellow away shirts which he wears consistantly, and will even take his pyjamer top off at night and will sleep in yellow SUFC shirt.

I hope you can understand why he did it, and forgive this kid as being a poacher, as this scarf he will treasure and proberly tell the tale of the day at wembley to his own kids as he passess the same scarf down to them. :smile:

Snr.

Somehow I don't think your door is going to be kicked down over a 10 year old wanting a scarf on the greatest possible day of his young life.

I hold my hands up. sitting in Block 131 with 26 of us (most kids) we may have grabbed a few yellow scarfs for the kids. They are their pride and joy and took them down to the parade today. These kids were not all Southend fans before the game. Believe me when I say they are now ! A small price to pay for a few yellow scarfs

Would like one, thought they were very smart, especially seeing loads on people at the parade today. But not going to lose any sleep over a scarf.

I hold my hands up. sitting in Block 131 with 26 of us (most kids) we may have grabbed a few yellow scarfs for the kids. They are their pride and joy and took them down to the parade today. These kids were not all Southend fans before the game. Believe me when I say they are now ! A small price to pay for a few yellow scarfs
but there were a few kids in the right seats who didn't get one ..... That's not right either is it???

Not saying it was right but what made the people sitting in those areas more eligible than the others.

Smashing gesture from the club and if it helps I didnt take one.

In addition it leaves a bad taste in the mouth to see them on ebay for sale.

I remember going to Wycombe away by coach where the kids were given a free scarf whilst wtg to board.

A small gesture but goes a long way.

Back