• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yesterdays game

GNH

Fish House Ultras⭐
.......yes the tall lanky bloke up front who IMHO was one of the worst players I have seen, must have been REALLY bad in their last game if this is what they think of him!!

Found on a bury message board !

"The one thing I discovered about Bas Savage today is that there are two of him. The one that turned up against Mansfield was a mostly useless lump who took to tripping over his own feet to amuse himself and managed to jump lower than his own height to head the ball. The one that turned up today bombed around the pitch making tackles, clearances, cute passes, tricky runs and, while not being Danny Swailes, did win headers."

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I think they must have been watching a different game.

I didn't think he was too bad. He was a bit of a useless lump at times but he did cause us trouble and he was their best attacking player. His dribbling wasn't bad for a big lump either. He did better than the fancy one in the white boots
laugh.gif

hes on loan from reading aint he. Could be usefull in a good team for his height.

What amazed me was that, for such a big bloke, he seemed excellent with the ball at his feet and shockingly crap with anything in the air. He got away with about 4 nutmegs on our players, yet Super Cheese Wilson frequently beat him when they competed for headers.

I didn't think he was that bad either to be hnest. Work-rate was top notch and put it about a fair bit. He looked worse than he was because of his shockingly bad step-overs which looked like they were in slow-motion.

Reminded me of Drewe a bit actually.

It was very funny when he was towering Nic-Nac near the East blacks and Nic-Nac just looked up at him!

biggrin.gif

He even won a free kick out of him!

ahahaha It was funny when the ref was trying to tell him off about something. Savage probably weighed not far off twice what the ref did.

In fact that must have been the smallest referee I've ever seen. He was tiny.

I thought he wasn't to bad, still cannot believe how crap he was in the air, i think he won one header against Wilson, and remember this guy was about 6 inchs taller than Barrett.

having said that i thought he spent most of his time on the wing, surely you'd play him through the centre, and at times he easily beat some of our players, especially Pettefer when Petts just brought him down in/around the box.

Not too bad? Savage was the comedy king of football! Rumour is that when Alvin Martin gets to manage a club again, Savage will be top of his wish list. Could anything be said more about how truly terrible a player must be. Mind you he was the only thing that put a smile on my face yesterday except for three points.

I thought he was decent and certainly put on a better showing than most of their team.

How has no-one mentioned their other striker who did nothing but dive all afternoon? Probably one of the least effective players I've seen down at the Hall except for when he was cheating and 'won' free-kicks in dangerous positions.

he actually won bury a penalty if the ref gave it. after the wilson knocking down the linesman incident he got in the box and was fouled. i had a good view of it and was a clear penalty. even a huge chunk of mud cam out of place in the box where the tackle went in, however the ref luckily for us though it was outside the box and gave them a free kick

Back