• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yet another genre preference

Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Queensryche, Metallica,
Def Leppard etc, etc.....

Yep, sad to say but i dug it at the time.

From about age 15-20 i loved this stuff, never had the ripped denim or the patches though.

Anyone else love this smelly and highly unfashionable with girls music?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (perth shrimper @ Dec. 20 2004,05:14)]Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Queensryche, Metallica,
Def Leppard etc, etc.....

Yep, sad to say but i dug it at the time.

From about age 15-20 i loved this stuff, never had the ripped denim or the patches though.

Anyone else love this smelly and highly unfashionable with girls music?
Not really.

Yep (well, except for Def Leppard anyway!).

I even went to see Queensryche at the Astoria a few months ago.

nope - liked my 'twee indie bands' too much
biggrin.gif

Like Iron Maiden, Had the pleasure of seeing them years ago play live in the Ruskin Arms pub, East Ham, for a secret suprise gig which was surreal. I must admit I prefer the original singer Di Annia.

Metallica got too big, and when they started moaning about people downloading music that just about killed it for me, especially when they then go and release an album with an orchestra...no cred what so ev'

AC/DC with Bon Scott. Archetypal and the dogs bollox.

Motorhead, still got me smelly t-shirt which I used to wear much to others dissaproval at scooter rallies.

Nope, metal fans are a bunch of sad w***ers who struggle to outgrow puberty  
tounge.gif

Sorry guys...............................

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Dec. 20 2004,09:45)]Nope, metal fans are a bunch of sad w***ers who struggle to outgrow puberty  
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif
We got there in the end though, unlike you twee boys....
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Dec. 21 2004,08:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Dec. 20 2004,09:45)]Nope, metal fans are a bunch of sad w***ers who struggle to outgrow puberty  
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif
We got there in the end though, unlike you twee boys....
laugh.gif
Good answer............you long haired head-banging greaser!

tounge.gif

Yep - Loved it. Also I think you are merging two different scenes: NWOBHM and Thrash. NWOBHM brought us Iron Maiden, Def Leppard and Saxon, with pre-NWOBHM bands like Motorhead and Judas Priest joining in. This scene occured after Punk in '79. Whereas Metallica, Megadeth and Slayer were your Thrash bands which did not start until about '83 which coincided with the '82 fall of NWOBHM. Thrash seemed to be the antidote to Poodle hair lycra wearing rock of the same era. Then G'N'R famously started the Sleaze scene and stated that Glam Metal was dead. During this time you got Skid Row, LA Guns and Faster Pussycat. Sleaze made way eventually for Grunge and the rest you should all know as hard rock was given more airtime due to the new satellite channels springing up showing all the different music genres it could. Anyway all can be called hard rock/Metal.
biggrin.gif

BTW Artful it is Di 'Anno and i prefer Bruce. Saw Maiden last year when they toured, it was a great show brought back memories of Hammersmith Odeon or Donington.

Also if were not for the Metal heads, The Esplanade would not have been turned into a Music Venue as the dudes who own Maple Studios started this night to help promote the hard rock scene. The original night was Monday's at the Maritime Rooms but the event grew to big so they got in contact with the Esplanade and the as they say the rest is history.

Back