• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
It seemes as if we put a side out against the scum again today and to put a :smile: on everyones faces we won 3 0 goals scored by jack paine gomes and Lee barnard . It seemes eastwood also go a run out . Full story is on the main site .

It seemes as if we put a side out against the scum again today and to put a :smile: on everyones faces we won 3 0 goals scored by jack paine gomes and Lee barnard . It seemes eastwood also go a run out . Full story is on the main site .

It would be a FAR greater smile if it actually meant anything.......... a more interesting smile was created by the goal scorer's. If we can only persuade the league to include these friendlies in our season, we'll be OK. Payne 12 goals in 12 friendly appearances. I suppose you have to be encouraged that Barnard scored.....will he do enough to earn a contract come the end of the season?

Thought the players were knackered. Depending on who played why would we want to play already tired players in meaningless games?

Will anyone who played well during that game be rewarded and started Sat or will it be the same usual's who have played?

Why can't Payne get an chance to play at left side of the attacking 3? Surely he can't do worst than that Stranker

He's not good enough yet, looked like little boy lost when he came on against Wycombe.

With greatest respect was you there when Bentley played his first game, was as nervous as a kitten going into a cloth bag, I remember him dropping and fumbling his first four shots, didnot do too bad since

Give them a run and learn from mistakes, we should have enough senior players to offer words of encouragement on and off the pitch,plus the twelth player the crowd will play a huge part,rather than negative calls lets get behind him, every player makes errors but we do like to have a player to off load our fury

Not saying you would,but many others would if he hasnot scored a hatfull of goal

Games like this are better for the side than gym work or running around a field.
As for tiring players out? it is travel, pre match and post match tension that contribute to tiredness as much as 96 minutes of pitch time; this type of local run out is better and if set pieces and formation work is had then that is better than simple scenario plays.
What is the griping for?
Maybe PB is scouting the next loanee too?

Thought the players were knackered. Depending on who played why would we want to play already tired players in meaningless games?

from th OS
“We finished the game with five under-16’s and six under-18 players on the pitch and they saw the game out well.

With greatest respect was you there when Bentley played his first game, was as nervous as a kitten going into a cloth bag, I remember him dropping and fumbling his first four shots, didnot do too bad since

Give them a run and learn from mistakes, we should have enough senior players to offer words of encouragement on and off the pitch,plus the twelth player the crowd will play a huge part,rather than negative calls lets get behind him, every player makes errors but we do like to have a player to off load our fury

Not saying you would,but many others would if he hasnot scored a hatfull of goal

Hi Ron

I have a season ticket so yes I did see Dan Bentley's early performances. and Jack Payne's too. The difference though imo is that Jack has not only to compete with the skill levels required, but also he has the added disadvantage of his small stature. I know that there are other players that have played at a much higher level with small physiques but their skill level compensated for this. I just think that for JP to be able to compete at this level he needs to put on some muscle to be able to do so, this would then compensate for his lack of height and I think he is not ready yet.

Happy to be proved wrong though.

For you info I am not one of the boo boys who gets on payers backs, and it infuriates me when some idiots do so. To top it all they then expect the player to do his best.... These types are complete morons imo.

Back