• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

jaffa1

Manager
So a great result last night and, bearing in mind that our last two away victories were at Sheffield United and Barnsley (I think), can anyone confirm exactly how good our recent record is in this vast county ?

We've never lost a match in Yorkshire in our history. FACT. END OF. TOTES EMOSH. AND I'M SO NOT JOKING.

Funny old county, Yorkshire.

Steeped in sporting tradition, they didn't have a single team in the Premier League last season and the two there at the moment are both coming back down!

Funny old county, Yorkshire.

Steeped in sporting tradition, they didn't have a single team in the Premier League last season and the two there at the moment are both coming back down!
There still no Yorkshire team in premier league .

There still no Yorkshire team in premier league .

I have reproduced the 2016/17 Premier teams list below. As you will see, there are two teams from Yorkshire in that league, Hull City and Middlesborough.

MO 'RHB'. :thumbsup:

There you go '5scoops'. Yer two York-shire teams, right there!

MO 'RHB'. :thumbsup:

There you go '5scoops'. Yer two York-shire teams, right there!

Historically in Yorkshire but now one is in Humberside and the other in Teeside. One of my disappointing away games, the defeat to Hull at the KC in our last Championship season !

Historically in Yorkshire but now one is in Humberside and the other in Teeside. One of my disappointing away games, the defeat to Hull at the KC in our last Championship season !

You're right, but I'm claiming historical victory rather than political boundary defeat.

* Interruption buzzer *

Kingston-upon-Hull is in the East Riding of Yorkshire and Middlesbrough is in North Yorkshire.

Teesside and Humberside are not counties, under the ceremonial counties listing.

^
Coordinates: 54°34′36″N 1°14′08″W / 54.5767°N 1.2355°W / 54.5767; -1.2355. Middlesbrough is a large industrial town on the south bank of the River ...
Ceremonial county‎: ‎North Yorkshire
Sovereign state‎: ‎United Kingdom
Population‎: ‎174,700
Region‎: ‎North East

^
Coordinates: 54°34′36″N 1°14′08″W / 54.5767°N 1.2355°W / 54.5767; -1.2355. Middlesbrough is a large industrial town on the south bank of the River ...
Ceremonial county‎: ‎North Yorkshire
Sovereign state‎: ‎United Kingdom
Population‎: ‎174,700
Region‎: ‎North East

What does this "sauce"* say for Darlington - I remember that there is a "you are entering North Yorkshire sign" (or something similar) just as you leave the town going West ............. and Darlo is further south than Middlesborough I think.

* not everything on the interweb is to be believed ........

This is what Wiki says about Darlington and Middlesbrough:

Darlington is located in south Durham close to the River Tees which acts as the border between Durham and Yorkshire. Both the River Tees and River Skerne pass through the town, the River Skerne later joining the River Tees which then flows through Teesside and into the North Sea.

Middlesbrough became a county borough within the North Riding of Yorkshire in 1889. In 1968, the borough was merged with a number of others to form the County Borough of Teesside, which was absorbed in 1974 by the county of Cleveland. In 1996, Cleveland was abolished, and Middlesbrough Borough Council became a unitary authority within North Yorkshire. RGs Erimus ("We shall be" in Latin) was chosen as Middlesbrough's motto in 1830. It recalls Fuimus ("We have been") the motto of the Norman/Scottish Bruce family, who were lords of Cleveland in the Middle Ages. The town's coat of arms is an azure lion, from the arms of the Bruce family, a star, from the arms of Captain James Cook, and two ships, representing shipbuilding and maritime trade.[SUP][3]

[/SUP]

was looking at this before last night's match and it is now only 1 defeat in the last 8 games - Bradford last season.

Thanks for confirming CCC and, on the back of the Yorkshire/Teeside thread, one can tease any Hamster they know by telling them that Upton Park, and indeed Stratford, used to be in Essex.

What does this "sauce"* say for Darlington - I remember that there is a "you are entering North Yorkshire sign" (or something similar) just as you leave the town going West ............. and Darlo is further south than Middlesborough I think.

* not everything on the interweb is to be believed ........

County Durham 'Rattus'.

I know they fiddled around with re-naming parts of counties, but reverted back to ceremonial ones about 7-10 years ago and, as 'RHB' posted, about 20 years ago for Middlesbrough.

Ask any Yorkshire person if Dull city and Middlesbrough's are in Yorkshire you get told there not .I feel poll coming on

Be interested to know which county the people of Middlesbrough think they are in?

Back