• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

There's also the "cricket test"..I thought Yorkshire CC play - or used to play - a game or two at Middlesbrough? This suggests at least a historic Yorkshire connection.

But then again Essex CC play some cricket at Colchester. And I thought that the county boundary ran along the A127...

I've contributed to this thread, I've worked in Yorkshire and I've even contrived to show that my opinion was the correct one (Rule 101b, SZ rules, Never accept another poster's view). However, as I've never been to Middlesbrough or Hull I've finally arrived at the conclusion that I don't actually give monkeys which county they reside in. :smiles:

Thanks for confirming CCC and, on the back of the Yorkshire/Teeside thread, one can tease any Hamster they know by telling them that Upton Park, and indeed Stratford, used to be in Essex.
And it got kicked out in 1965 cos we couldn't put up with their ********

My ex in laws live in North Yorkshire. We've visited Darlington many times over the years and it is in DURHAM. Hull, historically, is in the East Riding of Yorkshire which changed some years back to Humberside, and Middlesborough was originally part of the North Riding but hasn't been for decades! Any person from Boro now would laugh at you if you said they were from Yorkshire.

My ex in laws live in North Yorkshire. We've visited Darlington many times over the years and it is in DURHAM. Hull, historically, is in the East Riding of Yorkshire which changed some years back to Humberside, and Middlesborough was originally part of the North Riding but hasn't been for decades! Any person from Boro now would laugh at you if you said they were from Yorkshire.

Humberside was abolished 20 years ago.

Referring to Kingston upon Hull as being in Humberside is a great way of winding up Hull FC and Hull KR fans online.

Anyway, the whole point of this thread is that Southend United own Yorkshire and every team in it, from Sheffield Wednesday to Sheffield FC and everywhere in between.

Referring to Kingston upon Hull as being in Humberside is a great way of winding up Hull FC and Hull KR fans online.

Anyway, the whole point of this thread is that Southend United own Yorkshire and every team in it, from Sheffield Wednesday to Sheffield FC and everywhere in between.

There can't actually be a lot of space between Sheffield Wednesday and although I don't no where they play, Sheffield FC

... Indeed and Teesside hasn't existed as a county borough for 42 years, being absorbed into Cleveland and then eventually back into North Yorkshire in 1996, the same time as Kingston-Upon-Hull was returned back to the East Riding of Yorkshire.

Back