• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kevin Hogg

President
Being new here..it may be old!
But your favourite Southend United kit.
We've had some good, not so good..and downright awful!

My favourite? Possibly the 1971/72 first ever promotion winning kit.
Blue shirts with white fancy SUFC scrawl. Blue shorts with two white stripes each side. White socks.
That is more poignant than totally stylish..though wonderfully plain and simple.

Worst? No question whatsoever. The terrible zigzag/mountain peak style yellow on blue in 1996/97. We were quite deservedly relegated in that artistic carbuncle!

Over to you!

I really like the current kit but I think my all-time favourite is probably the royal blue Rebus 2000/2001 kit. Shame about the garish orange away kit that accompanied it.

The 76-77 Admiral one, think I had this in the Battle of the Kits a while back.

Yep this is my favourite of the old colour, i liked the Elonex one too and the Betterview one but my all time fave was actually an away shirt, the United Artists white one that had a huge grey image of our badge on it

A very smart shirt that. It's a shame we've not got a big enough support for the likes of Toffs to justify them re-producing some of our old kits (the ones they do, like the late 60s dark blue, are clearly just other teams, e.g. Scotland, with our badge on them).

Back on topic, the 2004-06 home kit was always a big favourite of mine.

0,,10444~5768811,00.jpg

I do tend to think that you associate kits with relative success/failure on the pitch, noting 2 of my favourites were promotion shirts and the other worn by none greater than S V Collymore .. likewise the custard splat abortion was a double relegation shirt, though i did like the red away shirt of the time

Has to be for me the away shirt of all sky blue we wore in our promotion year out of the 2nd div. With plain white shorts and socks it just looked so Italian and stylish i kick myself for not spending out and getting one. So if anyone still has a large in the bottom of their wardrobe they don't wear anymore .... I'll give you a good price for it.

My favourite is the blue Elonex shirt. My own one is tinged with sadness, however, as it has number 6 on the back, as worn by Graham Bressington when he missed the penalty in the shoot-out at Notts County that could have taken us to the Wembley final of the Anglo-Italian Cup if he had scored.

I liked last seasons one but for me it has to be the Bukta kit at the end of the 70's - I was the only kid at woodham ley who had one when we were allowed to wear football shirts for PE - everyone else was in liverpool, west ham etc - ha ha how things change eh - er hang on a minute ...

Possibly the ugliest footy shirt I have ever seen! Sadly we wore it to continuous relegations! The playesr must have felt ridiculous trotting out in such a laughable "design"!!

My favourite kits is the betterview kit in the 2004 - 2006 season very good times or this season home and away stripes.

Least favourite has to be 2003-2004 with the gkc sponsors on the front or the 1999-2000 Progressive sponsors kit

Back