• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Youth Team and coaches wage problems

Strange club at the moment for the last 4 matches had to line up outside the shrimpers bar as it was 1 in 1 out as there were too many inside according to health & safety new rules, today got in after waiting 10 minutes and got the drinks for my mates who were arriving later but by this time the security guard at the door was letting no one in even though it was 2.40 and emptying so most potential customers walked away I then informed the bar manager who went out to find out what was happening, she asked security why he wasn't letting anyone in and he said he was told to stop people coming in, in the end she ordered him to let the customers in but many had already walked off. You would think we don't need the money
After queuing outside the Shrimpers Bar for ten minutes, the Bar Manager comes out and orders the security to let people in. When I got in there it was half empty. 🥴 Every source of income must be fully utilised, surely.

Oh FFS is this for real?
Seems the whole place is a shambles at the moment and although we are doing ok on the pitch - off the pitch is another matter.
There is only so much that can give and we are now finally running out of options
It is just going from bad to worse and until the head of this club leaves this will continue.

The Jobson era was bad but this is indeed at another level

Well, Ron Martin resigned as Director from Roots Hall Limited. His son Jack has remained a Director. I think Jack is involved more than people think in a lot of his businesses. Seems to be a gradual handing over the reigns, in my opinion, allegedly. But yeah, keep the wife out of it.

Someone on Twitter is saying that Ron refused to pay for Arnold’s operation which is why it’s taken so long. And allegedly he did the same with Cardwell, so Harry’s dad ended up footing the bill.

Anyone know if that’s correct?

Someone on Twitter is saying that Ron refused to pay for Arnold’s operation which is why it’s taken so long. And allegedly he did the same with Cardwell, so Harry’s dad ended up footing the bill.

Anyone know if that’s correct?
Would make some sense. Did wonder why Arnold who has been injured since August on,y had an op this week and Cardwell also went a lot longer without having his op when all new he needed an op

Where the hell is all the income going ? Over that past few seasons we have drastically cut the wage bill …I get some revenue may have been lost by dropping out the league but surely the wage drop concerns the majority of this…crowds have remained the same but we seem to be a lot more financially worse off than a few years ago. We seem to be not paying anyone…suppliers, coaches, staff …where is it all going ?
Ron's hair stylist

Am guessing that is the matter you alluded to last week that would soon be surfacing.
Hi Chris I think I alluded to this one a while ago, last week I was suggesting the bad news was that there would be no funds left for anything ( cue supporters groups having to pay salaries and that he would have the money to pay up the debt he owed )

Would make some sense. Did wonder why Arnold who has been injured since August on,y had an op this week and Cardwell also went a lot longer without having his op when all new he needed an op
That’s me… yes it is true , the other reply from someone else ( that I wasn’t aware of ) that Harry cardwells dad eventually paid for Harry’s op Due to Ron not agreeing too … again another injury that could have been shortened if our super Fan chairman had of honoured his obligation …. He’s a fan you idiots

Even out of embargo and I can’t see why any player would want to come here if all these rumours are true

Highest crowd in National League today, only two L2 games had bigger crowds, even some L1 crowds were lower than Roots Hall today and still (allegedly) can't pay the youth players...???

Bit of banter with the Dorking Manger during the game. When the substitutions where going on someone shouted, don't take your keeper off, he's brilliant. Marc gave a smile as if to say yep he's a bit crap and responded with something along the lines off I was going to pay your players wages after the match, but I'm not going to after that comment now.

Would like to know if it is just youth coaches or have players not been paid as well.

Not sure its been this bad in my time watching. Previously when we didn't pay players they pretty much downed tools. Hopefully it won't come to that, but come on Ron, Tom. Pay your employees 1st, then HMRC and then the rest afterwards.

Bit of banter with the Dorking Manger during the game. When the substitutions where going on someone shouted, don't take your keeper off, he's brilliant. Marc gave a smile as if to say yep he's a bit crap and responded with something along the lines off I was going to pay your players wages after the match, but I'm not going to after that comment now.

Would like to know if it is just youth coaches or have players not been paid as well.

Not sure its been this bad in my time watching. Previously when we didn't pay players they pretty much downed tools. Hopefully it won't come to that, but come on Ron, Tom. Pay your employees 1st, then HMRC and then the rest afterwards.
The players and coaches have been paid

As an outsider these days, looks to me Ron is literally flat broke and has no means to support the club...... his flat outright refusal to sell up which has cost us previously and will now cost us going forward, that's if we aren't wound up in January. Southend disappearing won't affect Ron in his course to reach the jackpot. Maybe that's what he really wants. Credit to the management and players who continue to get results despite these ongoing issues.
Who knows. It’s fascinating we aren’t being given any insight on this. I wonder who is and who isn’t being paid. Looks like a very right wing set up.

Oh FFS is this for real?
Seems the whole place is a shambles at the moment and although we are doing ok on the pitch - off the pitch is another matter.
There is only so much that can give and we are now finally running out of options
It is just going from bad to worse and until the head of this club leaves this will continue.

The Jobson era was bad but this is indeed at another level
It’s the fact we didn’t know this either is frustrating

Just one sorry revelation after another off the pitch in inverse proportion to the massive improvements on the footballing side. It was obvious more than twenty years ago that this squalid little wannabee property tycoon was nothing but trouble and so it has proved.
I don’t just blame him in all this. I think there’s many egos at play here

Sold out of programs today. The print run was reduced so sold out way before kick off.
Just another thing to add to this sorry affair. Everything at the club apart from the team is totally rotten, It really is time for Martin to go! The Shrimpers Trust in my opinion should have no further contact with Martin other than "we await your resignation".
20 years of being in his pocket has achieved nothing for the fans other than a few Shrimpers Trust members getting crumbs of information from Ron Martins table.

It still strikes me that every bit of income that the club has, is going into the training pitches.
I hope RM has lined up finance, for when they are finished, based on the increased value of the land. Either that, or some funds are released, upon completion.
It seems the only way out of the situation.

Back