• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Youth Team and coaches wage problems

The idea of a strike is to hurt your employer financially. Otherwise they don't work. There is a difference from won't pay to can't pay

How does some 16 year olds not playing achieve anything. In fact it probably does Ron a favour. He could shut the whole thing down and not have to pay wages or their accommodation etc.
The fact you're defending Ron over this rather than rightly criticising him over this says a lot.

I do generally think you're just here to stir things up

I'm guessing it's the coaches going on strike rather than players - are youth team players even paid? Or is it depending on age group?
Football scholarships/youth contracts are similar to apprenticeships and I believe they are paid from a certain age, U16s/U17s I think because it relates to laws surrounding working age, etc.

Not sure what age we pay ours from, just the minimum age they would have to be for any pay at any club. If I was to take an educated guess, U18s and above for us.

They're pinning their future hopes and dreams on making it in football, studying on the side and taking a huge risk in doing so, especially considering how hard it is to set yourself up nowadays as a young person.

These lads should be supported and if they don't feel like they are, then they have every right to take action.

But does Ron actually pay for this accommodation or are the owners on the never ending list of creditors waiting for their money.

I'm one of the people on that list. The only way any of us will get paid is when Ron has his pay day.

In the mean time I don't want to see young lads spoil their future by not playing football. If we all chipped in £10 then the youth coaches could easily be paid. When Ron does finally pay them they could then donate that money to the shrimpers trust etc.

In effect we would all be donating £10. Could the mods not set something up? To get the ball rolling I will offer £100 to help pay staff......As long as its policed properly.

I'm one of the people on that list. The only way any of us will get paid is when Ron has his pay day.

In the mean time I don't want to see young lads spoil their future by not playing football. If we all chipped in £10 then the youth coaches could easily be paid. When Ron does finally pay them they could then donate that money to the shrimpers trust etc.

In effect we would all be donating £10. Could the mods not set something up? To get the ball rolling I will offer £100 to help pay staff......As long as its policed properly.

I can set up a go fund me page for this. Are The Trust not doing something on this subject already though? @OldBlueLady ?

I can set up a go fund me page for this. Are The Trust not doing something on this subject already though? @OldBlueLady ?

Even if they are why don't we do something on here. especially as some don't seem to like the Trust.

We have shown great support to Kev and the players so why not for those valuable people down the pecking order. Might do us all a favour

Even if they are why don't we do something on here. especially as some don't seem to like the Trust.

We have shown great support to Kev and the players so why not for those valuable people down the pecking order. Might do us all a favour
It is in hand already apparently by all supporter groups.

In the mean time I don't want to see young lads spoil their future by not playing football. If we all chipped in £10 then the youth coaches could easily be paid.
The misinformation in the threads first post has caused confusion. The coaches are not on strike. The players have reluctantly taken the decision to strike, because despite EFL funding they constantly get paid late, because they get no communication as to when they will be paid or even reassurance from the club that they have even a short term future at SUFC.

But I’m sure I saw ALL the floodlights still on when I went past at about 6.45pm

They were on until about 7.30 last night. As someone else has said they were almost certainly working on the pitch. I can understand the need to do it straight away in the depths of winter when it could freeze overnight leaving an unplayable rutted pitch but at the moment it's so mild you would have thought it could have waited.

However the light outside the West Stand ticket office has been on constantly since last Tuesdays match.
They were on until about 7.30pm last night. As someone else said, They were al g omost certainly

The idea of a strike is to hurt your employer financially. Otherwise they don't work. There is a difference from won't pay to can't pay

How does some 16 year olds not playing achieve anything. In fact it probably does Ron a favour. He could shut the whole thing down and not have to pay wages or their accommodation etc.
Hmm. What is the idea behind each strike that the FBU, (or the proposed nurses pay) goes on every 8 years then? hurt the employer? risk to the public who I suppose are their employers?
It isn't all about hurting the employer, much is about terms, conditions, respect, value, change? And also getting the problems into the public area change force change?

That is aside from the main issue which is the not paying of staff which, is, in nearly universal opinion, unacceptable.

Your point on the jeopardy to the youth set up is quite correct and the whole entity may be in danger of being "binned" as an unaffordable luxury in our current position; and, imo a false and short term economy which would be very harmful in the long term.

Ron is hurting almost everyone with his strategy and compounding it with his dogma and silence.

So you’re basically saying you don’t care that non playing staff are not being paid?

Without non playing staff working then you wouldn’t be watching any football on a Saturday or a Tuesday night. These non playing staff are being treated in an absolutely appalling way and deserve to be paid just as much as anyone else.

I’m not sure you would be saying this if it was you not getting paid each month.
Animal farm springs to mind

Protesting at games doesn’t bother him, it needs to be at his house every week. When 6 people turned up at his house the other week he was bothered, as he had someone outside and then he came out looking to see who was about.
We need to get him out and get decent people running this club. No more pussy footing about.
Us fans need to be standing with the youth team and staff and show Ron we are not taking this **** anymore. The future of this club will not want to be here while he is here and neither will we attract any young players to the club as they know what he’s like. So let’s get the ball rolling for a protest at his house this week. #martinout

Back