• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

YP

Grayson

Life President⭐
Rubbish.

Kenny Vassell (2263255) shortcut

RH Batsman, RM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh fitness.
An attacking player with abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Southend
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 2,857
Wages: £439 p/w
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: abysmal

Barely a competent. Still not pulled anything good since Rennie 4 seasons ago.

Not bad, but not brilliant either, I'll train if Saturday's isn't any better. We obviously all await MrB's double Respectable.

Upul Gooneratne (2263317)

LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh fitness.
A cautious player with abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: BATTY SHRIMPERS
Nationality: Sri Lanka
Battrick Rating: 3,600
Wages: £571 p/w

Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: competent Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: worthless

sigh.... listed for 0.

Joseph Stamp - 17 yo, BT Rating=4,220 [transfer listed]
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh fitness.
wages: £504
A defensive player with competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: competent

The perfect wicketkeeper-trainee.

Unfortunately I wanted just a batting trainee. How much do you think he's worth?

Eddie Downing (2264059)

A destructive player with proficient leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Geoff_Boycotts_Grandmother XI
Battrick Rating: 7,685
Wages: £993 p/w
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: respectable Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: woeful Consistency: worthless

The theory is that mid morning is the most 'active' time as the only region you don't cater for is West Indies, everyone else is still awake and active.

I still list about 8pm if I have a choice though.

So ****ing frustrating at times!! Damn this system! This fella could have been a genuis! I decide for 11 stamina, 12 batting and 12 concentration!! I would have pulled an absolute monster, had i gone for 12 bowling and 12 consistancy!

Francis Deane (2264346)

RH Batsman, RF Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh fitness.
A cautious player with worthless leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: General Stars
Battrick Rating: 9,354
Wages: £1,256 p/w

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: mediocre Concentration: competent
Bowling: respectable Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: woeful

** sigh **

Now, im totally lost, as he will never be here, nor there! Think i can afford a batting net, a bowling net and a fielding net, for now!!

Kev

11. Mark Rennie - 21 yo, BT Rating=122,546
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, strong batting form, superb bowling form, moderate fitness.
An attacking player with superb leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: remarkable Concentration: exquisite
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: quality
Fielding: remarkable

Rennie also had resp bowling and abysmal cons, albeit a better batsman, when pulled. I also had him on double bowling for a season. He will, in 2 seasons time, have caught up his consistency, so your pull isn't bad still, although yeah that looks infuriating it's less annoying than rubbish!

The General said:
So ****ing frustrating at times!! Damn this system! This fella could have been a genuis! I decide for 11 stamina, 12 batting and 12 concentration!! I would have pulled an absolute monster, had i gone for 12 bowling and 12 consistancy!

Francis Deane (2264346)

RH Batsman, RF Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh fitness.
A cautious player with worthless leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: General Stars
Battrick Rating: 9,354
Wages: £1,256 p/w

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: mediocre Concentration: competent
Bowling: respectable Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: woeful

** sigh **

Now, im totally lost, as he will never be here, nor there! Think i can afford a batting net, a bowling net and a fielding net, for now!!

Kev
Why don't you put him up for a mil and see what happens, if he sells it's another mil towards your all-rounder, if not you can still train him, and it's only cost you the listing fee.

I've listed Downing so that bidding finishes just before 5pm on a Friday when everyone is bored at work and waiting for the weekend.

Raymond Westlake (2264695)
Plays For: Portreath
Battrick Rating: 12,087
Wages: £1,929 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: respectable
Batting: respectable Concentration: competent
Bowling: woeful Consistency: respectable

That's the best one I've seen so far. Unreal.

Raymond Westlake (2264695)
Plays For: Portreath
Battrick Rating: 12,087
Wages: £1,929 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: respectable
Batting: respectable Concentration: competent
Bowling: woeful Consistency: respectable

That's the best one I've seen so far. Unreal.

I actually think Downing is the better trainee.

Downing has two levels better stamina (12 weeks of training) and doesn't have the unnecessary consistency which is just going to add to his wage bill, particularly as training him in WK you'll build his consistency up.

I actually think Downing is the better trainee.

Downing has two levels better stamina (12 weeks of training) and doesn't have the unnecessary consistency which is just going to add to his wage bill, particularly as training him in WK you'll build his consistency up.

I'd rather have Downing, but in terms of U19 and ability Westlake is incredibly good.

Yorkshire Blue said:
I've listed Downing so that bidding finishes just before 5pm on a Friday when everyone is bored at work and waiting for the weekend.
Someone has bid 4.2m on a Respectable/Mediocre with Resp stamina :stunned: They must be mad.

You're looking at at least 2m, probably close to 2.5m for yours YB.

Edit - Just seen, there's a Resp/Comp with Resp stamina and Woeful W/K with a bid of 4,080,000, so you've got to be looking at 3m.

God, I hope I pull a Double Respectable on Saturday !

Last edited:
Someone has bid 4.2m on a Respectable/Mediocre with Resp stamina :stunned: They must be mad.

You're looking at at least 2m, probably close to 2.5m for yours YB.

Edit - Just seen, there's a Resp/Comp with Resp stamina and Woeful W/K with a bid of 4,080,000, so you've got to be looking at 3m.

God, I hope I pull a Double Respectable on Saturday !

The £4.2m is someone bidding on his own player. Other than a mistake/cheating.

That other player is now up to £4.5m which is madness/cheating/mistake.

This is my guy, I was after a bowler but I'm not sure he's good enough. My 5th bowler spot is currently shared by a Prof/Strong spinner or a Stron/Qual pace man depending on pitch. I have a really good all rounder in the pipeline but he's not going to be ready for another 2 seasons as he's currently on 5 nets and has Lively Fitness at best.

James Bell - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,442
LH Batsman, RFM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh fitness.
An attacking player with proficient leadership skills and worthless experience.
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: respectable
Fielding: feeble

I worked out I can get him up to a decent level on one net but it's gonna take ages. Am I better just stumping up for a resp/resp in the transfer mkt?

Obviously I'll try again on Saturday but am thinking of making only my 3rd ever transfer!!

I worked out I can get him up to a decent level on one net but it's gonna take ages. Am I better just stumping up for a resp/resp in the transfer mkt?

Obviously I'll try again on Saturday but am thinking of making only my 3rd ever transfer!!
At your level there's no point training up from respectable. Hold off a couple of weeks before buying anyone though as prices are crazy as everyone tries to get the next batch of U-19's.

Last season I bought a Week 3 or 4 respectable for £100k and popped him to proficient in three weeks.

Back