• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
Son of Andy.

Previously with Arsenal and Charlton, had loan spells at Plymouth and Newport but spent last season at Woking in the National League.

Doing him a favour to build fitness or potential signing?

Plays more as a striker, could be cover for Ranger? Problem is we've been here before with Nouble, and despite early potential Zak is not the Ansah

Forward. Probably not priority area- on the other hand would be cheap and there was a time when at Charlton people on here were saying we should look at him.

I fully expect huge enthusiasm for this from those who have been advocating hungry younger players from non-League- you have your wish..

Nothing to lose and as PB says until it all went a bit wrong for him (injuries playing their part) he was at Arsenal and Charlton who obviously felt he had something.

Maybe im biased coz i was a huge fan of Ooooooooooh Andy Ansah , but whenever i saw Zak for Plymouth he looked really decent , a great turn of pace , nice 1st touch and also has a cracking shot on him ... all attributes from Ansah Snr !!!

I can see him playing on the wing or in the number 10 role rather than striker as he's a little lightweight for that role ... but i for one am happy with his inclusion

:thumbsup:

Nothing to lose in trialling him, he's obviously got something to have been at Arsenal for so long... Remember him looking a good player when at Plymouth.

Just asked a mate who is a Woking seaso - "I can't remember much about him".

Still, if it just a favour for his old man then that's alright with me.

Interesting. IIRC he was really highly rated at Arsenal and then got a bad injury (cruciate ligament?) which cost him almost a year. And his career has never recovered since then.

Interesting. IIRC he was really highly rated at Arsenal and then got a bad injury (cruciate ligament?) which cost him almost a year. And his career has never recovered since then.

really bad comments about him on the woking board.

of course ansah's good mates with anton as well.

Just asked a mate who is a Woking seaso - "I can't remember much about him".

Still, if it just a favour for his old man then that's alright with me.

Got injured so only played 10 times in a poor side.

Interesting whilst the sides he has been on loan at and Woking played him CF it seems both Arsenal and Charlton often used him as RW in their Prem U21 sides. So maybe RW will be his better position.

Got to be worth at least a look.

Interesting.OOh. IIRC he was really highly rated at Arsenal and then got a bad injury (cruciate ligament?) which cost him almost a year. And his career has never recovered since then.

Fixed that for you.

Interesting watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0JWmudrt58

If Zak has his Dads energy and enthusiasm he'll be awesome

Thanks for sharing that :thumbsup:

Inspiring character is our kid Andy, the sort of bloke that Nile should sit down with for a few hours.

Maybe as part of the deal to give Zak a chance would be for PB to ask Andy to give some mentoring to Ranger, Southend legend and all round nice guy - if even 10% of his compassion, drive and focus could rub off on Ranger he'd be 100% the better man...

It never ceases to amaze me, you can spend so much time at a club like Arsenal with the coaching and resources they have and still end up in non-league...

Of course there was the injury, but still?!

Back