• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England

Nonsense.I challenge you to find any post of mine where I've talked up Spain's International team at the expense of England's.

Don't forget Germany don't have a 100% record in the qualifiers either.Yet both Germany and Spain will do much better in 2016 than England will.

Like England, they're in a period of transition.

Unlike England they have much better players in La Liga (and elsewhere)to select from than we do.

Gibraltar tonight prove my point about San Marino. They were utterly hopeless. Possibly the worst side I have ever seen play 'competative' football. They are far worse than San Marino. But at least they tried to have a game.

And they are not a proper country

Gibraltar tonight prove my point about San Marino. They were utterly hopeless. Possibly the worst side I have ever seen play 'competative' football. They are far worse than San Marino. But at least they tried to have a game.

Gib were poor, no doubt. But at least they have some fans, unlike Andorra and San Marino.had tremendous fun in the away corner yesterday.

England weren't great, but a win is a win, no injuries, no worrying yellow cards, a few fringe players made appearances and got a chance to show how much or how little they deserve further starts.
All that matters is qualifying and building some unity and squad strength.
RH has much to think about.

The main discussion amongst the Southend fans who have just returned was the amount of dill in the scrambled eggs at our hotel. And all hail the strawberry daiquiri.

Yesterday's game reminded me of the world cup, but with a different outcome. A few sub-par performances which meant things really didn't click. Welbeck had an off day and Chambers had an absolute stinker.

Credit to Rooney though, he had a good game and dragged us through to get 3 points.

I continue to worry about the left side of defence. Baines seems to be struggling a bit, probably because of Jagielka's lack of pace.

England were indeed fairly poor, but once again the Estonia side weren't exactly conducive to a good game of football. When it's deployed well and against the right opposition that central diamond can be extremely powerful, but with Estonia only looking to counter it only served to stymie our movement going forward. Henderson and Lallana were completely ineffective to the point of being almost redundant, particularly Henderson who clearly has limited experience of having to break down teams. He's reluctant to try an ambitious pass for fear of losing the ball, but it's those passes that open teams up.

Positively Chambers had a good game, Oxlade-Chamberlain was productive when he came on and Wilshere continued his resurgence in an England shirt. I'm not his biggest fan, but he's been our best player over the last two qualifiers and instrumental to our forward play. That pass he made to send Rooney through last night was simply sublime and it only looks better when watched again and you realise he has less than a second to get it out of his feet due to the approaching Estonian.

Wilshere definitely had an excellent game.

Did you really say that Chambers did though? I've never seen an England player with such a heavy first touch and he appeared to give the ball away more than most. Appreciate that he's young, out of position and inexperienced - but Clyne is definitely worth a look at IMO because at least it's his natural position.

Completely agree about Clyne, but Chambers was much improved last night compared to Thursday and he actually put in some decent crosses. Estonia obviously tried to target him - almost every time they broke they did so down our right - but he stood up to the challenge well enough. My biggest fear is that he'll go the same route of Phil Jones and never get an extended spell in any one position due to his club's **** poor transfer policy.

Wilshere definitely had an excellent game.

Did you really say that Chambers did though? I've never seen an England player with such a heavy first touch and he appeared to give the ball away more than most. Appreciate that he's young, out of position and inexperienced - but Clyne is definitely worth a look at IMO because at least it's his natural position.
"That is an international player?" - Brazilian Football Confederation official on watching Carlton Palmer's performance at Wembley in 1992.

"That is an international player?" - Brazilian Football Confederation official on watching Carlton Palmer's performance at Wembley in 1992.

Despite their reputation, Brazil have had their fair share of midfielders whose second touch was a tackle.

And Pubey is lucky he missed Danny Mills.

Back