• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you rather we talk about fugly new kits?

I would rather you all talked about football rather than some random knob making this the biggest thread in years....Are people that bored to need some drama in their lives?

I guess I answered my own question there, which makes me kind of sad that this is what is the most topical nowadays.

26 pages?? 18330 views.??

FFS! Is It really worth this amount of your virtual ink? :stunned:

I've gotta be honest John, I'm having a great time reading it all. Personally I think it's the most comical thread that's been on here for ages :smile:

I've gotta be honest John, I'm having a great time reading it all. Personally I think it's the most comical thread that's been on here for ages :smile:

No **** Sherlock.....I knew we had the making of you somewhere :winking: x

^
LOL

They could have been a better bet for the pre-match entertainment!

Yep, we slagged off the pre-match entertainment at their place yet these boys did make me wince, after only a few bars/words my boy turned to me and exclaimed ' they are dreadful!'......perhaps they will cite the heavy winds and bobbly pitch.
When they started the hey Jude chorus!!! priceless Lol

Just seen 'Lewis Alderman's' video on youtube.

Enough there for the police to use for some of the Col Utd idiots, as well, I would say.

Notice in the comments, that someone from The Independent wanted to use it, which won't help our cause.

It's an interesting observation that this thread has been split into three main groups. There are those who think that any violent action is unacceptable in ANY circumstance regardless of provocation (and I would count myself amongst this group). In my experience violence or even threats of violence have NO place in a modern civil society which we want to be safe for everyone.
There are those who think that it was appropriate reaction to the provocation. I would say that we are teaching those coming behind us that it is ok to do back to others what they are doing to us...and get in first if you can. It is the thinking that has been used in wars and genocides throughout history.
Finally there are those who approve, support and even welcome such violence and are happy to accept its place not just at a football game but by extension they are happy and welcome it in society generally. They say "it helps make the day, it's what rivalry is all about"...etc etc Personally I fear for our towns and communities if this is perceived to be acceptable behaviour. It is THE prime defence in domestic violence "she kept nagging and goading me." It is often mentioned in a defence of child abuse " they wouldn't stop pushing and pushing me and I just flipped". I don't want to see anyone involved in violence, and the level of threat and counter threat at games like Saturday's betrays mindlessness of the highest order. When children are scared ( I know they should not have been at that end of the stand) and it is felt by many that RH becomes an unsafe place to be then we are going to reap what we sow....and not just in and around football grounds. No wonder children and family services are at breaking point when such inability to control anger is acceptable.

It's an interesting observation that this thread has been split into three main groups. There are those who think that any violent action is unacceptable in ANY circumstance regardless of provocation (and I would count myself amongst this group). In my experience violence or even threats of violence have NO place in a modern civil society which we want to be safe for everyone.
There are those who think that it was appropriate reaction to the provocation. I would say that we are teaching those coming behind us that it is ok to do back to others what they are doing to us...and get in first if you can. It is the thinking that has been used in wars and genocides throughout history.
Finally there are those who approve, support and even welcome such violence and are happy to accept its place not just at a football game but by extension they are happy and welcome it in society generally. They say "it helps make the day, it's what rivalry is all about"...etc etc Personally I fear for our towns and communities if this is perceived to be acceptable behaviour. It is THE prime defence in domestic violence "she kept nagging and goading me." It is often mentioned in a defence of child abuse " they wouldn't stop pushing and pushing me and I just flipped". I don't want to see anyone involved in violence, and the level of threat and counter threat at games like Saturday's betrays mindlessness of the highest order. When children are scared ( I know they should not have been at that end of the stand) and it is felt by many that RH becomes an unsafe place to be then we are going to reap what we sow....and not just in and around football grounds. No wonder children and family services are at breaking point when such inability to control anger is acceptable.
You sound like a social worker, with the number of horrendous mistakes made by social services over the years resulting in the deaths and abuse of children I wouldn't be coming on here preaching if I were you. If you aren't then you still sound like you would like to have dinner with Jeremy Corbyn and have a cosy chat about scrapping trident and what to send Putin for his birthday.

In the cold light of day and after the mayhem has died down a little, I'm wondering if a lot of good might come from all this, namely :-

1) Better policing of home matches with potential trouble
2) Clear and defined allocated seating that is kept to, so people can't randomly move about
3) No family tickets to be sold in blocks W & X
4) Away fans being kept in after the final whistle for 15 mins or so

There's probably more ....

In the cold light of day and after the mayhem has died down a little, I'm wondering if a lot of good might come from all this, namely :-

2) Clear and defined allocated seating that is kept to, so people can't randomly move about

Number 4 is so basic and used to happen all the time, the police learnt nothing from the Luton game, then again they don't actually appear to care, far worse incidents in Shakespeare Drive after that match than anything that occurred on Saturday.

Better pre-match entertainment.

You sound like a social worker, with the number of horrendous mistakes made by social services over the years resulting in the deaths and abuse of children I wouldn't be coming on here preaching if I were you. If you aren't then you still sound like you would like to have dinner with Jeremy Corbyn and have a cosy chat about scrapping trident and what to send Putin for his birthday.

Well...you're not me and I am no social worker so you should be proud of your ability to make so many mistakes in trying to suss someone out. Remember though, Social workers only exist because we do not have the personal skills to do life well, without hurting the young and the vulnerable. Social Workers (with all their failings) are evidence that many people are broken - in all sorts of ways. I do hope you never have to teach anyone how to be a rational, non-judgemental and reasonable member of society........ I fear your ability to jump to wrong conclusions would mis-inform many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back