• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If it's anything noteworthy given timing I would imagine it would be positive..

Yet again you are twisting words and denying that anyone has has a valid argument apart from yourself. You shouldn't try to change valid arguments to fit in with yours.. You clearly have a problem!!

i give up. You need to appreciate that everyone has an opinion and if it is not the same as yours it doesn't mean it's wrong.

i am not going to bother arguing it anymore as you will not listen.

Where did I twist anything?
Your only argument is "stop disagreeing with me" - you do not actually explain anything. You just say I twist your words even if I quote what you say in the correct context.
Pointless argument.

Got the Echo and another season of Phil Brown he will definitely be here next season. Time to put this one to bed for another few weeks

Got the Echo and another season of Phil Brown he will definitely be here next season. Time to put this one to bed for another few weeks

Hmm, maybe Phil should have spoken about this definitively about six weeks ago. What has changed?

I'm reading between the lines that what this means is that Brown wanted to go Bolton but a) didn't want a relegation on his CV so hedged his bets until we were out of play-off contention b) Bolton realised they cannot afford him c) Bolton have now decided, after recent poor form, they don't want him after all.

Glad to see that this has all been conducted with Southend's interests at heart. Too cynical?

Hmm, maybe Phil should have spoken about this definitively about six weeks ago. What has changed?

I'm reading between the lines that what this means is that Brown wanted to go Bolton but a) didn't want a relegation on his CV so hedged his bets until we were out of play-off contention b) Bolton realised they cannot afford him c) Bolton have now decided, after recent poor form, they don't want him after all.

Glad to see that this has all been conducted with Southend's interests at heart. Too cynical?

I make u right on all of that. So now time to get behind PB and the team tomorrow. Still been a very good first season back in league 1. Certainly the recent dip in form has been concern, but if PB is the man for next season then we have to support him.

Told all you people a month or so agao PB would be here next season,gave you my reasons i said he would be here also.Now hopefully the team will come out against Bradford ,last home game of the season and do a Millwall in the cup last year aginst them . In other words put on a show for all you loyal supporters ,be a nice way for the players to say thanks for your support .4-1 blues
Bentley to play as will Jack ,your chance to say thankyou to them also.,and a few others
Bridge i would love to see get 20 minutes also Moussa.

Told all you people a month or so agao PB would be here next season,gave you my reasons i said he would be here also.Now hopefully the team will come out against Bradford ,last home game of the season and do a Millwall in the cup last year aginst them . In other words put on a show for all you loyal supporters ,be a nice way for the players to say thanks for your support .4-1 blues
Bentley to play as will Jack ,your chance to say thankyou to them also.,and a few others
Bridge i would love to see get 20 minutes also Moussa.

Still no guarantee they will go though unless you know otherwise. Can only go if someone else wants them. Payne has played what half the season and Bentley certainly hasn't performed as well as last year. Just cause they haven't signed new contracts with us at this stage doesnt guarantee they will be off

Speaking from the heart, I have heard so much rumour, so little from Brown that I really couldn't care less whether he is here next season or not.
I suspect he has got the most that he could from this squad. He is old fashioned with his defensive mind set. The best team in the land Leicester are solid defensively but set out to graft and get forward. Liverpool and Spurs are doing similar with limited success but they are entertaining and generally Browns sides are rarely entertaining.
I wish him well wherever he goes but have had enough of the gossip of him staying or going.:winking:

PB does not want to leave, a meeting was held last night with RM and SK, but this i believe was regarding guarantees over next seasons budget etc. PB is currently organising Pre season and the tour.

I,m sorry but they is clearly BS , we all know the tour is only arranged last minute - as we ahve so many complaining on here that its difficult/impossible for supporters to get flights, time off work etc :winking:

So, after all this prevarication PB has come to the conclusion that his future lies at Southend. His problem is that in the meantime a sizable proportion of the club's supporters have decided they no longer want him as manager. Unless results are pretty stellar at the start of next season it's going to be an uphill battle Phil.

Speaking from the heart, I have heard so much rumour, so little from Brown that I really couldn't care less whether he is here next season or not.
I suspect he has got the most that he could from this squad. He is old fashioned with his defensive mind set. The best team in the land Accrington are solid defensively but set out to graft and get forward. Liverpool and Spurs are doing similar with limited success but they are entertaining and generally Browns sides are rarely entertaining.
I wish him well wherever he goes but have had enough of the gossip of him staying or going.:winking:

Amended to reflect the fact that Accers are performing so well .......... and the constant stream of comments about how we (and every other club) should mimic Leicester (who are doing very well it must be said) is getting a little bit repetitive now.

Amended to reflect the fact that Accers are performing so well .......... and the constant stream of comments about how we (and every other club) should mimic Leicester (who are doing very well it must be said) is getting a little bit repetitive now.

Indeed, particularly as Leicester have achieved their success precisely by not mimicking anyone else and playing a pioneering style of football.

So, after all this prevarication PB has come to the conclusion that his future lies at Southend. His problem is that in the meantime a sizable proportion of the club's supporters have decided they no longer want him as manager. Unless results are pretty stellar at the start of next season it's going to be an uphill battle Phil.

You mean a small minority on an internet forum?

He has never said anything different, publicly or privately. Most of the 'outraged' like spoons for example would have always wanted him out anyway. Agreed some others have been swept along with the zone and twitter rumours but that's always going to happen in the modern social media world.

Back