• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Euro 2016

I reckon we'll go out to France in the quarters and Roy will keep his job, mainly because he's by far and away the best man for the job, and has built a very young, inexperience squad. He deserves the chance to see it through.

Ireland to turn over France :winking:

We've already shown we have no answer to teams parking the bus (despite people saying we played well I thought we were poor against Slovakia, it's not hard to have plenty of shots when a team sits back but only 3 or 4 of them were any good) I'm not sure Iceland will be an easy match to win.

I am not sure teams will park the bus in the knockout stages unless they score first.

I am not sure teams will park the bus in the knockout stages unless they score first.

You're probably right, but it'll be interesting to see. Ultimately, unless you want to hang on for penalties from the first minute you have to show some attacking intent.

I remember a story about a drill the England squad used to practice under Glenn Hoddle: each team had something like 5 seconds to score or they had to give the ball back to the opposition. The idea was to practice a fast counter attack. That is something we really need to get better at.

Drastic™;1869830 said:
Take a look at Wales side of the draw, I wouldn't have thought they would fear Belgium (didn't they draw twice in the qualifiers) or Croatia especially.

We could have been in that side of the draw :'(
Indeed, but don't forget that we'll only face 1 of Spain, Italy or Germany (assuming Germany beat Slovakia) IF we get to the semis.

Having watched all 3 of France's group games I'm not entirely convinced they would beat us so easily. We may have struggled to score against Russia and Slovakia but they had much the same issue against Albania.

France will also come at us rather than sit back and I think this England side can be very good at counter attacking football.

I'm one fairly optimistic shrimper (about England that is. Southend will 90% of the time, disappoint).

Bloke at work has just sent round the latest update for our office Euro sweepstake comp. And I quote....

"A rather uninspiring group stage is over...."

He can't have been watching much of this tournament, right?

Because apart from Bale, they're not that good. They'll get found out soon enough.

Well I disagree. They play like a team, individuals like Ramsey, Williams seem to thrive on being the senior pros. They have leaders, their manager knows the way he wants to play and the players do too. I think you do them a dissservice and yes they do have Bale, he alone can carry them through. We dont have a player in his class.

Back