• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Leon Clarke

I think our team spirit is a big factor, so would rather avoid players likes this, even though he would most likely do a job.

I think our team spirit is a big factor, so would rather avoid players likes this, even though he would most likely do a job.

I know it isn't a black and white situation but if it is a toss up between team spirit and goals then I think I would plump for goals - goals make points and points means avoiding relegation and climbing the table. That in itself builds team spirit.

I know it isn't a black and white situation but if it is a toss up between team spirit and goals then I think I would plump for goals - goals make points and points means avoiding relegation and climbing the table. That in itself builds team spirit.

If it was black and white I think everyone would pick goals...surely? But it isn't and I would much rather an ambitious Piggott type loany (despite recent comments) around the club than someone picking up wages, turning up for training when they want and ****ing everyone else off.

Fingers crossed for Theo Robinson.

Didn`t like him much - but he always looked as though he was going to score - some of our strikers over the years have never looked like that

I'd argue that team spirit means the whole team get goals. You are less selfish and more trusting and good changes are created and converted. Matt Tubbs banging in 21 goals didn't mean much for Portsmouth.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-two/top-scorers

He won't be leaving Bury unless he bangs in the goals and gets signed by someone else. 3 year deal on I'd say 4-5k a week at 30 thank you very much. Good signing for them I think he banged the goals in season before last in L1. Bury making good early moves in summer although it's costing them a fair wedge.

Football-wise a great signing for Bury. Attitude-wise a huge risk. It's no surprise he's had 16 clubs. All depends if Clarke decides to knuckle down and be a good boy. If he does then I doubt there will be a better signing in L1 this summer. If he doesn't then yes he'll probably be gone by Xmas. Would I have had him back here? Not after what happened last time. But I have to concede he was brilliant ON THE PITCH during his loan spell (when he could be bothered that was).

Good luck to Bury, they'll either love him or hate him.

He won't be leaving Bury unless he bangs in the goals and gets signed by someone else. 3 year deal on I'd say 4-5k a week at 30 thank you very much. Good signing for them I think he banged the goals in season before last in L1. Bury making good early moves in summer although it's costing them a fair wedge.

With a regular, loyal, team spirited, hard working player I would 100% agree with you BUT will the safety of long contract and easy money not simply transfer to LC's brain as "take it easy & eat the pies"? - Bury have very good pies!

Great signing for them, hopefully he will be suspended for our game. Bury are building a good squad for next year.

Hopefully if he plays against us he'll play like he did for us at Doncaster away. What a performance.

Would b happy to to Have him back next season though

Well you don't know that, do you - because it's may years since he's been a blues player. A lot could have changed in the interim.

What I will say about Clarke is that despite the fact he can't keep at a club, he hasn't dropped down the leagues - usually these 2 things go together.

Well you don't know that, do you - because it's may years since he's been a blues player. A lot could have changed in the interim.

What I will say about Clarke is that despite the fact he can't keep at a club, he hasn't dropped down the leagues - usually these 2 things go together.

He hasn't risen the leagues in a way his talent should have allowed either.

Signed for Sheffield United, his 17th club

Back