• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Let's not get carried away with the win at Peterborough - they weren't very well organised and had players missing.

I think Gillingham will be a completely different kettle of fish. They may be at home but I think their priorities will be to get at least a point given that they are slipping down the table and have not won in 11 matches.

So they may well defend, tackle back, contest every ball in their half, let us have possession across the back four and try to get a goal from set pieces or a break away.

Too true, look at Millwall on Tuesday, at home, playing almost bottom Chesterfield and a nil nil draw; must seem like a defeat. This won't be an easy game as those don't seem to happen these days when expected, or run to form.

6 draws in the last 7 for these boys and no win in 12. Interesting to see what the odds are but expect us to bang these boys to rights. BLUE ARMY!

Gills fan in peace...

Firstly re: away end - agree that is is awful and ramshackle for away fans, and looks/sounds terrible when we get 100-odd from Chesterfield. HOWEVER, we are looking to move and Chairman has stated that if that doesn't come to fruition he would build a new stand...although temporary seems to have taken on a slightly longer meaning since i last checked a dictionary...Plus, I expect you to fill it so it always looks like quality from the home end and can create a right racket - should be a great atmosphere (if we can play our part and Storm Doris stays away)

re: match itself. Can't imagine it being much of a spectacle with high winds and poor pitch so should be a proper fight. We seem to put one half of good football next to awful defending and hoofball at the minute so impossible to predict how it might pan out. One thing's for sure - it's a hell of a reversal from the opening day of the season and can't say I expected Southend to be so high up - must have really turned a corner!

Probably better being away to a team struggling at this stage of the season, at RH they would put ten men behind the ball and try nick a goal from a set piece.

Absolutely certain PB will be aware of the task his team will face on Saturday. Gills have slumped to a position where they are almost in the relegation positions. 3 points from a home match is a necessity for them. Meeting teams fighting for survival is always tough. We still have Chesterfield and Oldham to come. Gills will have been sickened to surrender their lead again on Tuesday evening. Will expect nothing other than a fully committed Gills team from the off. We must be at them from the start too. Expect this to be a very much sterner test than Posh. Urged on by the large travelling support it is within our powers to pull off a win. But no chicken counting from me. COYB

OS states that we have sold 1400 away tickets and the lower tier is now being sold and that they have initially given us 400 for the lower scaffolding. Looking forward to roaring the boys onto another victory.

Is never easy at Gills. One of those places we have to work hard for the win

Will be tight but our tremendous spirit can win it.

Gills fan in peace...

Firstly re: away end - agree that is is awful and ramshackle for away fans, and looks/sounds terrible when we get 100-odd from Chesterfield. HOWEVER, we are looking to move and Chairman has stated that if that doesn't come to fruition he would build a new stand...although temporary seems to have taken on a slightly longer meaning since i last checked a dictionary...Plus, I expect you to fill it so it always looks like quality from the home end and can create a right racket - should be a great atmosphere (if we can play our part and Storm Doris stays away)

re: match itself. Can't imagine it being much of a spectacle with high winds and poor pitch so should be a proper fight. We seem to put one half of good football next to awful defending and hoofball at the minute so impossible to predict how it might pan out. One thing's for sure - it's a hell of a reversal from the opening day of the season and can't say I expected Southend to be so high up - must have really turned a corner!
None of your excuses-you should be ashamed of yourselves! Poor old Dagenham had a decrepit ground with poor viewing from all 4 sides,so they built quite a large comfortable stand with excellent viewing for AWAY FANS ONLY!

None of your excuses-you should be ashamed of yourselves! Poor old Dagenham had a decrepit ground with poor viewing from all 4 sides,so they built quite a large comfortable stand with excellent viewing for AWAY FANS ONLY!

You've seen our away end, right?

The last stand that a home team should worry about is the away one.

When our new three-sided ground is built, the away fans will be in the fourth stand, which will involve peering through holes in a fence and relaying the action to those who can't see!

"The last stand that a home team should worry about is the away one."

What you say is true, but why should this be? If you had inferior facilities on the (excuse pun) grounds of sex, religion etc, it would be illegal. Why then, should people be discriminated against because of their choice of football club?

Why should Millwall get away with charging £26 for away fans when Gills charge just £10? If you went to your local supermarket and the spuds were £2 a bag, would you be happy to pay £5 just because you went to a supermarket miles away? Of course not!

Have any of you been to Kidderminster away end ?

Standing only and the best food in any ground I have been to.

The food makes all the difference.

I agree that pricing should reflect quality, so if we get a sh**e stand, we should be charged accordingly, which it sounds like Gillingham are doing, but the home club will always look after it's regulars first. I think that's right.

There is, however, a duty of responsibility to look after guests on a price v. quality basis, so Millwall charging more than they would for home fans, if that's the case, is plain wrong.

Last edited:
Why should Millwall get away with charging £26 for away fans when Gills charge just £10? If you went to your local supermarket and the spuds were £2 a bag, would you be happy to pay £5 just because you went to a supermarket miles away? Of course not!

That part of your case isn't quite right. You can't compare prices at different grounds to make the discrimination case you're making. Any one football match is only ever on at a single stadium therefore the consumer choice to see that specific match at a different ground doesn't exist. Reasonable pricing in general in a League matter to adjudicate and pricing at each stadium is for the owners of the stadium to set. Where fairness and non-discriminatory pricing comes into it is only in the difference between the entrance fees paid by home or away fans to the same match at the same stadium. Where there is a difference (fleecing away fans while offering lower prices to home fans) that is a genuine discrimination issue.

What's the away end capacity? Everywhere says 1500, but we've sold 1400 and got 400 more.?

What's the away end capacity? Everywhere says 1500, but we've sold 1400 and got 400 more.?

I think 1500 is probably the usual away allocation, as they usually also have some home fans in the Brian Moore stand. However they have told their fans that the whole stand is closed to home fans for this match due to our allocation.

Anton Ferdinand potentially back according to the official site which is great news, but not sure whether I'd risk him with Inniss playing so well on Tuesday.

Back