• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will he stay or will he go?

• Brown will stay

Votes: 196 86.7%
  • Brown will resign

Votes: 27 11.9%
  • Brown will get sacked by RM

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters
It all depends on Ron's patience.

If Ron feels that, this season, he has fully supported PB and if it all goes wrong Sunday, will Ron let PB carry on for another year having not got us into the play-offs or will Ron be happy with our position of improving over the years.

If Ron doesn't see the passion in PB's eyes he will be out.

Some on here believe the lure of FF helped in signing our big names,which I think is cobblers,but there you go.

Of course the Cowley's won't be coming here,just wishful thinking on my part.

I am glad they wont be coming here....not enough experience, and do you think that they would have the clout to attract the likes of Ferdinand, Ranger, Cox, Fortune (yes he is worth it) to little old Southend.... NO, they are at the right level for them at the moment, and I wish them well, but not in the same league as PB and a push for Championship status.

PB will be here next season no doubt about that,just thinking to myself that if PB had taken MrsBlues advice and played her love child as our striker we would probably have been playing in Conference or lower now and PB would be in line at the soup kitchens ,MAF may be old but as many on here have said during the season ,hes been playing like a young man ,i think he has earnt his 18 month contract.

PB will be here next season no doubt about that,just thinking to myself that if PB had taken MrsBlues advice and played her love child as our striker we would probably have been playing in Conference or lower now and PB would be in line at the soup kitchens ,MAF may be old but as many on here have said during the season ,hes been playing like a young man ,i think he has earnt his 18 month contract.

Hmm I freely admit I don't go to every game....which means my opinion can only be formed on what I actually see!,I don't comment on games I haven't seen....you my Aussie chum appear to have broken every rule simply through watching highlights.....just saying.

I am glad they wont be coming here....not enough experience, and do you think that they would have the clout to attract the likes of Ferdinand, Ranger, Cox, Fortune (yes he is worth it) to little old Southend.... NO, they are at the right level for them at the moment, and I wish them well, but not in the same league as PB and a push for Championship status.

Hmmm Tilly had zero experience and was our most successful manager!

Some of you have to be realistic....players don't come here because of the manager/stadium/seafront !

Some of you have to be realistic....players don't come here because of the manager/stadium/seafront !

:goodone: :hilarious:

I agree on the last two, but who the manager is would be a consideration. Some players would thrive under a Martin Allen style "bully" whilst others require a different managerial style, same as any other job.

A big draw, especially for clubs at our level, is geographical location.

Daft poll.
Of course he won't resign as he'll then have no income next month.
Of course we won't sack him as we'd then have to pay 2x managers until he gets a new job, and form isn't nearly bad enough to warrant that.
As such he'll stay. And if he's lucky he'll get offered a better paid, higher profile job at a bigger club - and then we can have this discussion again.

I've heard from folks close to the club that the playoffs are a minimum for PB to remain here next season due to the amount of money he's had to play with, so maybe not so daft. I guess we'll see next Sunday/Monday....or not when we've got a play-off semi to look forward too.

With respect, I think you really underestimate what Danny Cowley and his brother have achieved in one season at Lincoln in the conference. Their performance has been extraordinary by any measure. The Cowley brothers completely rebuilt the Lincoln team over the summer and instantly made it into a championship winning side on a relatively small budget. That was no mean achievement. Danny Cowley has demonstrated that he is not only able to motivate players, but also that he has a great eye for talent. If you read his comments about the game generally and look at his track record, it is difficult to escape the conclusion that Danny Cowley is one of the best young managers in the professional game in the UK. He is destined for the top. And to be fair the Lincoln board recognised that a bit quicker than most other people in the game.

With respect, I think you really underestimate what Danny Cowley and his brother have achieved in one season at Lincoln in the conference. Their performance has been extraordinary by any measure. The Cowley brothers completely rebuilt the Lincoln team over the summer and instantly made it into a championship winning side on a relatively small budget. That was no mean achievement. Danny Cowley has demonstrated that he is not only able to motivate players, but also that he has a great eye for talent. If you read his comments about the game generally and look at his track record, it is difficult to escape the conclusion that Danny Cowley is one of the best young managers in the professional game in the UK. He is destined for the top. And to be fair the Lincoln board recognised that a bit quicker than most other people in the game.

Plus they both live in Chelmsford so would be close to home. They'll give Lincoln another 2 years of service i suspect as they are loyal guys....By then hopefully we have a nice new stadium to attract them with ��

David Webb i would say was more successful. He did what Tilly did but also kept us in the Championship (then Div 2)

I agree on the last two, but who the manager is would be a consideration. Some players would thrive under a Martin Allen style "bully" whilst others require a different managerial style, same as any other job.

A big draw, especially for clubs at our level, is geographical location.

I've heard from folks close to the club that the playoffs are a minimum for PB to remain here next season due to the amount of money he's had to play with, so maybe not so daft. I guess we'll see next Sunday/Monday....or not when we've got a play-off semi to look forward too.

Yes its possible they may consider it,but it's the wages they are after regardless.

Take Hunt he had what some of you think signed for the manager,yet he was soon off because he couldn't get the package he demanded.

The Cowleys have done extremely well and may be destined for much higher things , but honestly , nobody knows.
They may have reached their 'level' in the Conference / L2 and may shine bright for a while like Tilson and then crash and burn in the same fashion.
They may go on to lift the Champions League with Chelsea.
Let's see ................ People are raised too high with a bit of success and equally thought of as being inadequate when things go wrong.
My guess is that the vast majority of Managers are somewhere in between.

Wishful thinking from someone with a strong anti PB stance. Alas neither points are true because Ron would want the compensation package that the Championship club looking to take PB will have to pay.

Back