• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Career in decline for several years now. Please - we have better than this and if we are going to sign someone, hopefully it will be someone who strengthens the squad and is not an injury prone old pro at the fag end of his career looking for one last pay off. :thumbdown:

Another injury prone veteran with a poor goals to game ratio. The last thing we need.

I did say that I don't post about this kind of thing and heard it from two different sources.

Pay as you play and how you play contract, anything under and 6 and you pay us. hamstring tweek Carlton pays in advance, prison term ='double pay out in our favour? It's a new sort of contract, devised by Mr. Horton and Mrs.B

Must be worth a 3 year deal.....Cole and MAF up top with a combined age of 70....they cannot score but have plenty of experience.

Dads army.

Don't see a problem with him training with us and taking a look at him.

You'd assume we wouldn't commit to anything without taking a good look first, so no harm in having him train with us with a view to some sort of deal.

HOWEVER...if he really couldn't hack it in Indonesia then I'd have serious doubts. Their clubs barely make an impact on the Asian Champions League, certainly way underperforming Australian clubs which is my frame of reference. And not hacking it in a league which you could argue with some evidence is significantly lower standard than the A-League suggests his quality/legs/fitness whatever has dropped a long way.

But as I said, no-one at the club is going to offer him a deal or not based on those sorts of theories. They'll base it on what they see with their own eyes, and we'll have to trust that judgement.

You'd assume we wouldn't commit to anything without taking a good look first, so no harm in having him train with us with a view to some sort of deal.

HOWEVER...if he really couldn't hack it in Indonesia then I'd have serious doubts. Their clubs barely make an impact on the Asian Champions League, certainly way underperforming Australian clubs which is my frame of reference. And not hacking it in a league which you could argue with some evidence is significantly lower standard than the A-League suggests his quality/legs/fitness whatever has dropped a long way.

But as I said, no-one at the club is going to offer him a deal or not based on those sorts of theories. They'll base it on what they see with their own eyes, and we'll have to trust that judgement.

Nowhere near as good as mrsblue's stats or opinions. The sooner Ron realises it, the better. Remember the howls of outrage last year when MAF come to train with us.

Planning for the future obviously!

genuine question - what does Bob Shaw do? Ba from a French scout, Hendrie ex loan, Turner from FIFA 15 , Kightly an ex player - opposition play in a 'way' suggesting that we were unprepared.

Must be worth a 3 year deal.....Cole and MAF up top with a combined age of 70....they cannot score but have plenty of experience.

Dads army.

A pleasure to see you back and busy mrsblue. New ideas, and great new opinions too. Good to see. :winking:

Interesting comment from his last club

"We have decided to let [Cole] go because he has failed to perform as expected," manager Umuh Muchtar told DPA.
"Maybe he was injured before joining but he wasn't honest about it."

I thought he was on Billericay radar, when they were making the big signings ?

To even up the argument, Coles reply
"I have only started two games out of, I think, 16 games, because he has not wanted to play me," Cole said.
"So I have come on three times and I have only started two games. Me and Michael Essien, we didn't have a preseason, so we have had to try and play catch up.
"We are in a bad position anyway, so he is just trying to point fingers, [rather than blame] his bad management

Poor man's Frank Nouble ? :stunned:

Maybe Anton brought him along so that Anton wouldnt be last in the running at Boots + Laces !!! :winking:

To be fair for the past 2 matches someone with Carlton Cole's skills would have been just perfect for us --- belting the ball up to Cox's neck just to avoid playing along the divotted turf really hasnt been good to watch. If Cole is even half fit he can do a job for us up there.

Back