• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cole is a good player but I'm not sure what else he offers us that we don't have already between Ranger, Cox and Fortune. I know they don't have a goal between them yet but you've got to believe that that will come. Seems a weird move.

Just popped along to the training ground to see if Cole was there and training. Indeed he was, looked a little immobile to me,
I was only there for 15 minutes or so, but he didn't have any shots or score any goals. Just stood about a lot up front with hands on hips! Didn't bust a gut to impress if you want my opinion. Jimmy Bullard on the other hand, was very involved, and quick.

I think Bullard was doing a piece for the sky cameras which were there.

I've got a good idea...let's just keep him near.

I can almost hear Carlton chatting to Ron and Phil as you read this .....

"I'm the one you really need
Love you like you want me to
I can even help you brea-ea-ea-eathe
I'll be so goo-ood for you
I can make the good times roll, make 'em roll
Love you with my heart and soul, That's right
Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, I'd be so goo-ood for you!

So what do you say guys, 2 year deal with coaching chucked in?"

I can almost hear Carlton chatting to Ron and Phil as you read this .....

"I'm the one you really need
Love you like you want me to
I can even help you brea-ea-ea-eathe
I'll be so goo-ood for you
I can make the good times roll, make 'em roll
Love you with my heart and soul, That's right
Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, I'd be so goo-ood for you!

So what do you say guys, 2 year deal with coaching chucked in?"

Only about an hour or two behind the rest of us :winking:

Could do a lot better then signing him. If he is only training then fine but signing, no thanks.

Comment from his Celtic debut:

"Cole looked destined to score when he pounced on a rebound with the game ebbing to conclusion. Instead, he failed to properly control the ball and fell over in the area, accidentally pushed the ball towards goal with his hand as he rolled along the ground before Inverness defender Danny Devine inexplicably touched it past his own goalkeeper".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVG9Sc6Ol6g

To say he fell over is a bit harsh. The YouTube video shows he was felled by not one but two Inverness Caledonian players. He certainly didn't control the ball well though. It's worth watching from about 1 minute 10 seconds onwards, you can see that Carlton handles the ball when he's finished rolling on the floor and pushes it into the path of the oncoming Inverness player so that it goes into the net! Class.

Comment from his Celtic debut:

"Cole looked destined to score when he pounced on a rebound with the game ebbing to conclusion. Instead, he failed to properly control the ball and fell over in the area, accidentally pushed the ball towards goal with his hand as he rolled along the ground before Inverness defender Danny Devine inexplicably touched it past his own goalkeeper".

That's fine by me ......He was ""In amongst It ""!!!!!

Dont forget -- OG's are our joint top scorer this season !!!!!

Breaking news....7 trialists vehicles spotted in Boots & Laces car park. PB says..."they are all seasoned professionals who still have something to give."

mobility.jpg

Only about an hour or two behind the rest of us :winking:

Sorry to have been so slow :sad: I was always reminded by my sports master that with most events in life, it is a marathon, not a sprint! By the time my Elonex 386SX with the 33.6k dial-up modem and Windows 95 operating system had booted, I replied instantly albeit a couple of hours after you guys. We cannot all afford the latest bells and whistles computer and super fast broadband. Some of us are below the poverty line and have to stand on the wall in the South East corner to glimpse at the football. As for bath night in my household, we have a rota for a 5 minute dip after grandpa George, Great Auntie Isla and my parents. I can't stay online too long as the meter often needs another 50p to tick things over.

Back