• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So if this was supposed to have been transported to us 'in 48hours' where the hell is Ron hiding it??!

if it is being transported to us in 48 hours .That would be on monday the date of arrival .

So if this was supposed to have been transported to us 'in 48hours' where the hell is Ron hiding it??!

It has a cloaking device, just like the new stadium. You wait, one flick of the switch from Ron and boom. Ronworld will appear.

What about The Dacian Dome - Dacia being the old name before the Romans invaded (I think :unsure:).

Or The Dracula Dome on the basis that someone is being bled dry ................... :whistling:

The problem being it is not a dome. The design is Barrel Vault. Doesn't really have much of a ring to it.

http://www.useful-structures.com/bespoke-solutions/case-study-1.aspx

It took just 20 weeks from design brief according to this, so should take less time being just a reconstruction. As mentioned before, it looks like planning permission has been submitted as this is part of the stadium planning.
Good find on the 20 weeks. I don't get why everyone thinks planing is a done deal though. We don't have planning permission for a dome. We have planning permission for a 3G pitch. What am I missing? And another thing. If it cost £500,000 then what on earth is the other £1.5 million going to be spent on

What about The Dacian Dome - Dacia being the old name before the Romans invaded (I think :unsure:).

Or The Dracula Dome on the basis that someone is being bled dry ................... :whistling:

Dacia Dome, training ground of the Thames Estuary Galacticos. I like the sound of that!

Imaginary loan which has a rather inflation busting interest rate.:dim:

Good find on the 20 weeks. I don't get why everyone thinks planing is a done deal though. We don't have planning permission for a dome. We have planning permission for a 3G pitch. What am I missing? And another thing. If it cost £500,000 then what on earth is the other £1.5 million going to be spent on

Depends on exactly what we have bought. But obviously we have only bought the dome and pitches In which case we will need to build facilities such as training rooms, maybe cafe area, spectator viewing, all of which was at the London site. Also it is not cheap to lay an AstroTurf pitch and we are laying two. A lot more involved than just putting together a dome.

Depends on exactly what we have bought. But obviously we have only bought the dome and pitches In which case we will need to build facilities such as training rooms, maybe cafe area, spectator viewing, all of which was at the London site. Also it is not cheap to lay an AstroTurf pitch and we are laying two. A lot more involved than just putting together a dome.
I totally get all that. A 3g pitch costs around £500,000. Inc floodlights which we already have. However we also have the carpet which is a large part of the costs and of course we own the land. The dome can be put up in less than 20 weeks from start to finish. 2 million just seems a lot to me

And while I think of it, does any of this mean that a four sided stadium is back in the frame.

With so many London clubs in various European cups I wonder if they will try to market it to the travelling teams as a base. I.e. Fly into Southend airport, train in this and stay in the Hotel in the 4th stand of the new stadium? Maybe without the last bit as messi won't want to sleep on a hill

This is a good point actually. We could be used as a base if England host a World Cup or European Championships.....

So why couldn't we pay the taxman 3 years ago? And what has changed since?

The taxman problem was cashflow. We did pay the taxman, just late.

What's changed since then is the availability of credit.

Also, who knows what the payment terms are on this? If, like the taxman, we don't pay on time we may even be taken to court once more!

Buying the land, building foundations and infrastructure (access to the site, changing rooms, floodlights etc), the cost of transporting it.... I can imagine it adding up quite quicky.

I'm not a planning expert, but we have (or at least had) planning permission for that use. If that permission has to be amended, realistically why would it be rejected?

I'm not a planning expert, but we have (or at least had) planning permission for that use. If that permission has to be amended, realistically why would it be rejected?

...And would Ron and his backers risk committing £2m to a project like this if they hadn't discussed the situation with the council and had at least an understanding that planning wouldn't be a deal-breaker?

This is a good point actually. We could be used as a base if England host a World Cup or European Championships.....

The taxman problem was cashflow. We did pay the taxman, just late.

What's changed since then is the availability of credit.

Also, who knows what the payment terms are on this? If, like the taxman, we don't pay on time we may even be taken to court once more!

Buying the land, building foundations and infrastructure (access to the site, changing rooms, floodlights etc), the cost of transporting it.... I can imagine it adding up quite quicky.

...And would Ron and his backers risk committing £2m to a project like this if they hadn't discussed the situation with the council and had at least an understanding that planning wouldn't be a deal-breaker?

I am not doubting that he would have used basic common sense on making sure the council was on side 're planning permission. I am doubting the timeline Ron has suggested. past performance suggests this is something he may have got wrong before:blush:

Last edited:
Back