• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When do we think the club will release a statement on this?

Annoys me how they'll release it as "Breaking News!" when we all already know! :thumbsup:

Personally i think this is the best news to come out for many a long day/month/year, and could be the making of the club and the way to secure its future.With this type of training facility ,SUFC are going to attract a better class of youth and senior players to the club,and also can be used for schools and local clubs ,a decent revenue maker.:thumbsup::raspberry::Worthy:

Have a read
Given the content/ observations I suspect the club will get a lot of very positive publicity when the nationals get hold of it.
Also interesting to read who some of the key users where- looks quite possible they would continue to be potential customers given its probably only going to move 30 miles

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/10/david-beckham-academy-ripped-pieces-football

great article that. So, now Southend United will be the proud owner of 'the biggest indoor football facility' of its kind in Europe!! However Ron has pulled this one off, he deserves a lot of credit!!

We'll finally have something to look at when taking that hopefull drive down the road at the back of Fossetts..

Reading the article, the pitches only have 4 years life left in them. I assume a load more dosh will need to be spent when they wear out then?

Reading the article, the pitches only have 4 years life left in them. I assume a load more dosh will need to be spent when they wear out then?

"At least 4 years" and I doubt it will cost anywhere near £2m to relay them.

As I understand it the bulk of the initial cost when laying 3G pitches is to do with the foundations, and turf-life is entirely dependent on how well they are maintained. I'd imagine the Soccerdome's pitches have been fairly well maintained as it's a hugely high-profile facility in south London, so as long as we're not grossly negligent (Har!) when it comes to maintaining them regularly then we should be alright.

Played on it last year. Was lovely to be honest. They've done an almighty turn getting that.

My memory is poor but I am sure the following are there
Charlie Benson
Simon Ridgewell
Barry Harris
Chris Avis
Kerry Fairless
Applologies for this but the guy who kept clean sheets in the national supporters championship
Justin (cannot remember last name)
Tony Walters

Can anyone fill in the rest ?

Where were we and who's hiding behind the banner ?

My memory is poor but I am sure the following are there
Charlie Benson
Simon Ridgewell
Barry Harris
Chris Avis
Kerry Fairless
Applologies for this but the guy who kept clean sheets in the national supporters championship
Justin (cannot remember last name)
Tony Walters

Can anyone fill in the rest ?

Where were we and who's hiding behind the banner ?

First kneeler on LHS looks like The Big Shrimp (from here).

Back