• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I don't actually disagree with that. My whole point was that those certain ones that left very early are the same ones that bong on about being uber fans because they go to every game and you aren't a proper fan if you don't. That's all

Just so I know where I fit in on the loyalty scale. I go pretty much home and away every week, but sometimes I miss the KO to the second half coz I'll be at the bar and I may leave early. I proberly average around 2 bladder movements and one bowel movement a game. What number out of 10 do I get for loyalty?

We smuggle food into the Hall because the burger bar is disgusting,I am a bad fan.

Yesterday to get the earlier train. Can safely say I've never been booed for leaving a game early though before yesterday. Oh well. I'm sure the say fans that booed were at all the other away games this season and didn't go yesterday just because of the free travel... :whistling:
I heard people being booed when they left after the third not the fourth, leaving after the third deserved it in my opinion, as DWB says would you have left if it was 1-1

I got thrown out of Cambridges ground before half time , does that count .:smile:

I remember a few years ago travelling up by train from Southampton to London to watch the league cup game against Crystal Palace......when the 8th Goal went in our net I thought Bollocks should I leave or should I stay......I stayed for one reason only to se just how good Mark Bright and Ian Wright were.....and to see Stan the man warming up on the side lines for them resdy to come on

I left after the 0 minute, after nearly going as I was quite nearby on Saturday and thank the lord I decided to go home instead. :smile:

I have never left a game because we were losing.

I really dont understand going all that way and then leaving 10 minutes early. When you have spent most part of the day going to a game and back does getting the early train really achieve a lot other than being a toy to throw out of the pram?

I have left two games early I can remember. One against Watford when I wasnt feeling well , and a game at the end of one season recently when we werent losing but the result didnt mean anything anyway. Both games I left at half time.

Twice, and each time missed a goal!

First one was 3-2 home defeat to Barnet where we were so irredeemably awful, I felt that leaving as Barnet made it 3-1 in the 90th minute was a suitable (yet pointless) way of showing my disgust. Was by the club shop when I heard a cheer signalling we'd got a late consolation.

Then a 5-0 defeat in the league Cup to Birmingham, where leaving ten minutes early saved me half an hour of travel time and also the joy of seeing Brum get their fifth.

Each to their own and all that, but I have never understood is people leaving when the game is still in the balance, e.g. we are 1-1 with ten to play.

I left early for the first time on Saturday. Left with 8 minutes to go but I knew I had to leave early before the game even started as I had to be back in Brentwood by 6. The fact we were 4-1 down at the time made me feel less guilty than how I would have felt if the game had been 1-1 for instance.

When I first started taking Ratboy he was "ill" and wanted to leave before the end. He missed Mark Gower score the winner. (I didn't). The family rules are that we can only leave early when 0-3 down at home against Colchester who themselves are in the process of relegating us.

As an aside, I was at Old Trafford that famous day when Man United scored in the 95th and 96th minutes vs Sheffield Wednesday in 1993. The ground was half empty by then. Lol.

I'm hardly a prodigious attendee but I've always stayed to the bitter end - however I think I've been lucky and not seen a drubbing.

Left a Richard Hawley gig early however as I really only went to see the support act.

Have left early a few times. Mansfield last season (paid for it by missing Leonard's goal) and Birmingham at home in the Championship (we were 4-0 down at half time so I went home).

Not particularly proud of doing it, but football is an emotional game and people react in different ways. I don't really think any professional player goes out not giving his all and as a fan you do have to take the rough with the smooth. On those occasions though we really were utter *****. I'd imagine I would have been more than tempted to up sticks early on Saturday too, but again that doesn't mean it would have been right.

One thing I will never understand is people who leave early when there is one goal in a game, or if the game is level.

I went to watch Bayern Munich v Moscow the other day and left 5 mins early cause there were 68000 fans going for the SBahn and I wanted to get home that night.. Missed a goal but wasn't that bothered, they had already won. I've never left a Southend game early but I don't blame anyone who wants to, for what ever reason they have.

Yes plenty of times. Last time we played Aldershot I left at 2-0 to go back to the pub which on arrival was shut, So had to wait at the bottom of the steps on my own for what felt like a life time :facepalm:

Back