• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So, in summary 42 people have posted, two have stated that they think its wrong to walk put early.(less than 5%)

I choose not to leave early for a variety of reasons that are important to me, but I totally understand why others don't have the same views and I respect their decisions. At the same time if less than 5% of people think less of you for leaving early , frankly I really wouldn't be loosing any sleep over it.

Who gives two hoots about 'loyal supporters' - this website isn't designed just for self designated 'loyal supporters' it is for those with opinions. Why on earth this has turned into a slagging match I don't know - that's pathetic!

If someone pays their money to get to and from games and wants to leave early, so what? If someone chooses not to go to a game, so what? Views and debates are often exciting because of these different views. It should remain that way. No need to slag off fellow supporters because i have been to this game and you haven't... and what!?

Jeez. Get. over. it.

Who gives two hoots about 'loyal supporters' - this website isn't designed just for self designated 'loyal supporters' it is for those with opinions. Why on earth this has turned into a slagging match I don't know - that's pathetic!

If someone pays their money to get to and from games and wants to leave early, so what? If someone chooses not to go to a game, so what? Views and debates are often exciting because of these different views. It should remain that way. No need to slag off fellow supporters because i have been to this game and you haven't... and what!?

Jeez. Get. over. it.

Get a grip. This is a contest to prove who has the biggest wang.

Ultimately, everything in life is about wangs.

I'm thinking that China would win that contest :unsure:

aldridge.jpg

Just so I know where I fit in on the loyalty scale. I go pretty much home and away every week, but sometimes I miss the KO to the second half coz I'll be at the bar and I may leave early. I proberly average around 2 bladder movements and one bowel movement a game. What number out of 10 do I get for loyalty?

I'd guess at a 1 or a 2 :winking:

I've never left early, but that's just me.

I always find it odd when people do when the game is tied, or either side is a goal up.

At 4-1 down it is each to their own. Nobody should be criticised for leaving early. They've made the effort to go all that way to support the team, when they leave is up to them.

When I first started taking Ratboy he was "ill" and wanted to leave before the end. He missed Mark Gower score the winner. (I didn't). The family rules are that we can only leave early when 0-3 down at home against Colchester who themselves are in the process of relegating us.

As an aside, I was at Old Trafford that famous day when Man United scored in the 95th and 96th minutes vs Sheffield Wednesday in 1993. The ground was half empty by then. Lol.
Think you meant to say INFAMOUS day.Don,t think they held up a board in those days but they never added more than 2 or 3 minutes,unless of course Man. U. Were losing and Ferguson was waving his fist and watch at the dimwit refereeing.

Never left SUFC early (though I have been tempted too), but I have left a West End show early (1/2 time interval) as it was crap

Last edited by a moderator:
I left on about 85 minutes on Saturday. At 4-1 down with only 10 men and freezing cold, I decided to get back to the car to get warm and beat most of the rush. The getting warm part worked but my car was blocked in in and I just sat there for half an hour listening to BBC Essex through my phone!

1969-away at Rochdale-losing 0-3-it had poured with rain all day-walked away but then had a pang of conscience and went back ! Didn't make any difference to the result but at least I saw my team to the bitter end. Daft or what ? Still a Shrimper all these years later-One team for me.

I left on about 85 minutes on Saturday. At 4-1 down with only 10 men and freezing cold, I decided to get back to the car to get warm and beat most of the rush. The getting warm part worked but my car was blocked in in and I just sat there for half an hour listening to BBC Essex through my phone!

That must have eaten into your data big time

Blimey there's some self-righteous rubbish written on here!

If you want to leave early for whatever reason then that is up to the individual concerned and no-one else and it needs no justification imho.

Back