• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Left early twice, LDV final when Wrexham scored their second and home to WBA the first game after Judas left when they went 3-0 up. First time was a desire to get the **** out of there and the second was sheer disgust.

I don't go to watch Southend United in order to be entertained, I go in the hope that something magical will happen, and about twice a decade, it does. By leaving early, there is a risk of missing one of these rare wonderful moments, so I usually will wait until the bitter end and then leave cursing and requiring a strong drink.

Never left a game early, I was of the "I've paid for my seat and I'm sitting here to the bitter end" school of thought. Have arrived late for a few(just one more before we go to the ground!) Most notably missed Freddy's 7 second goal. Look forward to the kick offs I've missed thread.

My dad made me leave early back in the day when he first started bringing to Roots Hall, we were 1-0 down against Plymouth (i think) and we scored as we were walking across the car park and got home to find that we'd won 2-1, I vowed never to leave early again.

However, I left early when we played Rochdale at Home a few years ago, we were 3-0 down at half time and i wasnt feeling very well to I decided to leave for the comfort of the armchair and Jeff Stelling. Lo and behold we drew 3-3 :omg:

I also left early for the 3-0 defeat at Colchester when we were last in the Championship and also left the Gillingham FA cup tie when we went 3-0 down, we were at the Dartford Tunnel by the end of the game.

Haven't ever left early and don't think I would. I went by train on Saturday and thought there were an unusual number of people leaving, but as others have said, there is always the chance of something happening. I don't think I'd criticise anyone who did leave early, individual choice and all that, but it's not something I understand - I guess I'm stubborn, but I suppose no matter how bad we are, I'm thinking "yeah, you may be playing like utter ****, but you're not shifting me!" I'm sure I'm the same as most by being more bothered by a lack of commitment or effort on the field than an actual loss of a game.

I don't leave early as I spend most of my time in Spain and only get to 10-12 games per season. It makes me really appreciate all S.U.F.C games, whether they are home or away and regardless of the score.

I was at Wycombe and witnessed plenty of effort from the players and although we were outplayed, I felt our team still deserved our applause/show of support, at the end of the game.

Ive never left early since seeing Leo Roget come on as sub and score in what seemed like the 95th minute. I should have left lots of games but I've paid for the misery..

I don't go to watch Southend United in order to be entertained, I go in the hope that something magical will happen, and about twice a decade, it does. By leaving early, there is a risk of missing one of these rare wonderful moments, so I usually will wait until the bitter end and then leave cursing and requiring a strong drink.

This completely.

I've left early from a Southend game only once. Stoke at home in about 95. It was the game where Petter Belsvik scored for us at the start before it went downhill very quickly.

I left an England game early a couple of years later and they scored. I left one of the NFL games at Wembley this year early and the match completely turned on its head by the time we were at Wembley Park.

left with ten mins to go when 7-1 down at Gillingham in the late eightes. Heard crowd cheer as number 8 went in from outside the ground!

THIS !!! :thumbsup:

Don't usually do it but did so after the 4th went in on Saturday. I had a right to do so, had an evening event to be at in Bexleyheath at 7, so it was a good excuse to beat the traffic and make sure I was back on time.

I don't know how to explain my thoughts on the subject of leaving early. I have always loved and will always love my club but like many others my patience and enthusiasm have diminished a little since the 2009/2010 season. The owner almost destroyed the club and pretty much single-handedly undid most of the hard work and success of the past 5 years. So my enthusiasm and patience has worn thin since then with him still at the helm and with the associated veil of secrecy and lack of progress/communication about the stadium - he is treating the fanbase with contempt.

However my already-diminished patience and enthusiasm wears even thinner with a manager in charge whose personality and, more importantly, philosophy and tactics is so anti-success in my view. His line-ups are poor, his formations are poor, his players seem to have no confidence nor know what they are doing, they are being told to be too cautious.......and all that is hard to take and hard to watch when I believe that (apart from missing a striker who can get a few goals), our squad is man-for-man far better than the way it is being used and set-up. I can't stand all this defestist nonsense from people about how we played away to the top team in the division blah blah blah. Sorry, I could understand a tonking if I honestly thought our squad was much weaker than Wycombe's and we were down the bottom end of the table, but I really don't believe that and I felt that our league leaders looked extremely ordinary and beatable.

Anyway, my issues with the ownership and the management means that my patience disappeared after the 4th goal went in and I couldn't bear to sit through the last however long was left. Sorry but that's my stance and I'm entitled to it.

This exactly. 1977, home to Newport County, in the East with my mate and his Dad. 0-2 down with 15 mins to go and his Dad took us home. Didn't find out until the next day that we'd scored 4 in the last 15 mins ..... was hoping for much the same on Saturday. Alas it was not to be but I don't like to leave early, just in case that happens again.

On a similar note I was at a Michael Buble (yes I know and I'm now awaiting the abuse!!!) concert at the O2 last night. I was amazed how many thousands of fans left the concert with 15/20 minutes left. It was a great performance and I couldn't believe that anyone would leave early considering they'd paid upwards of £60+ to attend. It just goes to show that people will do what they want if they've paid their money.

On a similar note I was at a Michael Buble (yes I know and I'm now awaiting the abuse!!!) concert at the O2 last night. I was amazed how many thousands of fans left the concert with 15/20 minutes left. It was a great performance and I couldn't believe that anyone would leave early considering they'd paid upwards of £60+ to attend. It just goes to show that people will do what they want if they've paid their money.

People worrying about last trains & getting up for work in the morning.

Usually stick it out to the end but I recall a home game against Barnsley?... although I'm pretty sure it was Luton where I went at halftime and we were 3-0 down. It was the season we went down from the Championship.

Sometimes you just can't help it if you have another function to go to in the evening, I try not to pre-judge people because you never know what else they have to do after the match. I just did find it odd Saturday when people on the coaches were leaving that early, it wasn't like they were going to go early.

Back