• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Oxford Utd vs Southend Utd 29th February 2020 3:00pm

What's your starting 11 for Saturday and what do you think the result will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"It might be the same side for us but with players in different positions."
So, no new players then? Dieng back in defence? Two up front?
Dieng back in defence seems likely to me, he went back to being crap in midfield. I don't blame Sol for trying it since he won't have seen how bad Dieng is there before but he must have seen he's more suited to playing CB.

I’d put Hutchinson straight in as his replacement:Thumbs up:

You'd hope, wouldn't you, though our management team is too stubborn to accept this as the best and most common sense thing to do. So, expect to see someone out of position shoe-horned in to replace Sam.

Well, who would have thought it! Another match played; another injury.
With 12 games to suffer, some of the lame had better pull themselves together, or else Ron and a few zoners will be pulling on their boots.

You'd hope, wouldn't you, though our management team is too stubborn to accept this as the best and most common sense thing to do. So, expect to see someone out of position shoe-horned in to replace Sam.

But who though? Who would be better suited to the role, than Hutch? Can’t be many more options in front of him.

Haven’t seen much on Lewis Gard, is he fit again?

Can someone like Kinali play CM?

As long as Charlie isn’t up front on his own again

But who though? Who would be better suited to the role, than Hutch? Can’t be many more options in front of him.

Haven’t seen much on Lewis Gard, is he fit again?

Can someone like Kinali play CM?

As long as Charlie isn’t up front on his own again

It won’t be Hutch starting ....

So, today's weather forecast for Oxford is rain for part of the game, temperature of around 6°c and wind speeds of 40mph. Sounds like just a normal Saturday afternoon these days. At least Roots Hall has 4 sides to provide some degree of protection from the wind, not so for Oxford. Maybe we'll need to put some weights around Terrell's ankles as a precaution.

I reckon the team will be

Gunnarsson (not an option to vote for)
Elvis
Clifford
Shaughnessy
Mitchell Nelson
Dieng
McLaughlin
Demitriou
Milligan
Barratt
Kelman

A stonking loss beckons.

Elvis
Clifford
Shaughnessy
Mitchell Nelson
Dieng
McLaughlin
Demitriou
Milligan
Barratt
Kelman

A stonking loss beckons.
Anyone backed us at 10-1 might even be more now ?

Elvis
Clifford
Shaughnessy
Mitchell Nelson
Dieng
McLaughlin
Demitriou
Milligan
Barratt
Kelman

A stonking loss beckons.

I think you are very close to the starting line up.
Will Sol play 3 centre backs? plus Milligan?
And I don't think there is much Sol faith in Barratt or future interest in Demi so maybe those two will be iffy selections unless alternatives are available. (Shaugnhnessy in midfield? Tyrell?)

I’d like to see us have a real go at it today.

2 up front, with some genuine creativity in midfield would be nice.

We know we’ll concede a hatful, so why not try and score a few ourselves for a change.

Why do I get the feeling that we’ll see yet another eye-brow raising, experimental line-up

Elvis
Clifford
Shaughnessy
Mitchell Nelson
Dieng
McLaughlin
Demitriou
Milligan
Barratt
Kelman

A stonking loss beckons.
He was there and then someone (Spiffy) changed it!

Back