• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Oxford Utd vs Southend Utd 29th February 2020 3:00pm

What's your starting 11 for Saturday and what do you think the result will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He was there and then someone (Spiffy) changed it!

Yep. At the time of the change he was here for a 1 week loan, which would be expired by now. We were also supposed to have paid off whoever it is this week, registered the Macc lads and possibly Ted too. So, reading my tea leaves Ted seemed the likelier option. Trying to predict anything with our club is a fools errand at the moment!

I decided not to go in the end (still undecided till this morn) which means we’ve got a chance. Selection wise, I’ve got a sneaky feeling there’ll be at least one or two surprises. Sol has a few options and I’ll expect him again to try something different. Just please no Tim Dieng in midfield and if he’s starting Charlie up top then hopefully with a packed midfield a la Lincoln with maybe Barratt and Macca pushing forward to provide support.

Now we have some options in defence and little in Midfield (especially with those seemingly out of favour) I could see us reverting to 5 at the back and the team looking something like:

PG
Elvis Shaughnessy Dieng Kyps Clifford
Demi Milligan Macca
Kelman Barrett

You'd hope, wouldn't you, though our management team is too stubborn to accept this as the best and most common sense thing to do. So, expect to see someone out of position shoe-horned in to replace Sam.

Take it you don't like Sol!

Yep. At the time of the change he was here for a 1 week loan, which would be expired by now. We were also supposed to have paid off whoever it is this week, registered the Macc lads and possibly Ted too. So, reading my tea leaves Ted seemed the likelier option. Trying to predict anything with our club is a fools errand at the moment!

Makes you wonder what actually happened Thursday as it has gone so quiet on the Macca lads for 1. Not that we are of course entitled or will know as we are just mere pleb supporters.

Back