• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United midfielder Michael Timlin hits out at fans criticising team during 2-

As Alan Moody once said,"no one ever plays better with the crowd on their back". Good enough advice for me from one of Blues best ever players. Seems to me that like most bullies the boo boys can dish it out but get really upset when they get some back.

Sorry but booing a poor team / managerial performamce is one thing, but hurling personal abuse is unacceptable in my opinion. Morons (they are not fans) who dish out the abuse should be banned, or put in a boxing ring with the palayer/s concerned!

They do have the right

Absolutely, I do this in everything I pay for.

I'm often standing there when I get my car MOT'd shouting "you fat *******" and "my nan can move faster than you" while shouting any swear word under the sun.

When I get my hair cut, I'm always telling them their technique is awful and to give up. If I don't see passion in their eyes, I get really mad!!

Don't get me started on supermarkets. They expect me to carry my shopping around in a basket? They should be doing it all for me, gliding around the shop like their life depended on it. They want to work in Sainsburys, then they have to wear the shirt with pride.

I'm the same where I work, often telling those around me they are useless and couldn't do anything except simply survive.

So glad I'm not the only one who thinks - nope INSISTS - on having the right to shout moronic insults. Although for some reason I can only do it to white English men. Those bloody women and f ... MOD NOTE: this has been removed due to potential racism and sexism comments, ChapperzUK has now been deported to Guantanamo bay for being a bit of a tit.

I'm often standing there when I get my car MOT'd shouting "you fat *******" and "my nan can move faster than you" while shouting any swear word under the sun.

When I get my hair cut, I'm always telling them their technique is awful and to give up. If I don't see passion in their eyes, I get really mad!!

Don't get me started on supermarkets. They expect me to carry my shopping around in a basket? They should be doing it all for me, gliding around the shop like their life depended on it. They want to work in Sainsburys, then they have to wear the shirt with pride.

I'm the same where I work, often telling those around me they are useless and couldn't do anything except simply survive.

So glad I'm not the only one who thinks - nope INSISTS - on having the right to shout moronic insults. Although for some reason I can only do it to white English men. Those bloody women and f ... MOD NOTE: this has been removed due to potential racism and sexism comments, ChapperzUK has now been deported to Guantanamo bay for being a bit of a tit.

You are right in the most part. Expressing disappointment is not wrong. The extreme abusive shouts are out of order. Should the crowd not boo an MP on Questiontime when he has again prattled on without a grain of truth?

If U2 continually put in below parr performances do you not think the crowd would begin to let them know?

Shouldn't Cheryl Cole be shouted down every time she opens her cakehole?

The public can and does jeer on many occasions in all sorts of situations and that is their right. Footballers should not be abused to the point of criminal offence but they should accept that they need to step up to the mark in their games or they will be told its not good enough.

Players who claim they should not be criticised for not performing well just because they put in a lot of effort is nonsense. A youth player could step in and give 100% effort and commitment and would be cheaper to use and we would have to expect less from them. The first team need to be consistent more often than not and that is not the case.

Timlin can suck it up. He has a job many dream of. I would get a b0llocking at work if I do something wrong, I think they should expect the same. Crack on and get promotion and everyone can have a little sing along about you if that's what you strive for.
Done something wrong ? They did what they are paid to do, get 3 points.

They do have the right. If a player is playing badly or does not put the effort in. Then the crowd have every right to shout out abuse at that player or any number of players. No they would not do that in the street. But this is not the street, it's a football ground where I believe they have every right. I have shouted abuse many times and will continue to do so. Timlin can lump it, or take up badmington. (where I believe abuse is not approved of)
Why haven't you banned yourself from RH if you have shouted abuse many times ? I thought you were connected ?

Done something wrong ? They did what they are paid to do, get 3 points.

Apparently winning 4 in a row isn't acceptable levels these days, you have to win games with flair and panache or they don't count.

The word Supporter is a funny old word isn't it.

I hate people having a go maybe at the team at the end if we lose but to single out a player is disgusting and Itell people that who I hear shouting confidence is a big part why destroy it.

For a second I thought this was a clever ironic twist asking fans to desist.
And then ChapperzUk attached his EDL badge and lost the plot. Sorry mate, I think Shrimperzone's editing has saved your bacon.

For a second I thought this was a clever ironic twist asking fans to desist.
And then ChapperzUk attached his EDL badge and lost the plot. Sorry mate, I think Shrimperzone's editing has saved your bacon.

I don't think you could be more wrong mate. I think it is (or was) a clever ironic twist before it got modded!!

They do have the right. If a player is playing badly or does not put the effort in. Then the crowd have every right to shout out abuse at that player or any number of players. No they would not do that in the street. But this is not the street, it's a football ground where I believe they have every right. I have shouted abuse many times and will continue to do so. Timlin can lump it, or take up badmington. (where I believe abuse is not approved of)

I assume the bigger font at the beginning means you are shouting?? You have every right to say what you want to players, of course you do. And I have every right to detest posts of this nature as they show me the true nature of some Blues 'supporters'.

I don't think Timlin would moan about taking some abuse where it's deserved - I've seen him approach the crowd after poor results away from home and effectively take one on the chin without complaint. However we've just taken 13 points from 15 and if people are still howling at players, he's perfectly entitled to defend his corner. Just as fans 'pay their money' and are entitled to criticize, Timlin is within his rights to tell them to grow a pair.

Football is a business now and not a sport. Every league and every team have players that dive, cheat, get fellow professionals sent off,shout and swear at the top of their lungs etc and then complain when a crowd is less than 'sporting.'
If mrs.blue were a shrinking violet like the players, she would never go near a keyboard again. :smile:

Really? You've said you believe they have every right to dish out abuse but you've not given any reason why you think that?

Just a personal view but I think people abusing their own players are generally only expressing disappointment in themselves and their own life's failings.

Back