• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stuff the Goat,

Status
Not open for further replies.
[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Aug. 01 2005,18:28)]Your other questions are not worth it. We do pay peanuts fact, we could pay a bit more, but don't and the dreamers on here keep boring us with pie in the sky names!
Why are they not worth it? Your posts are worth nothing when all you submit are incoherent ramblings that aren't backed up by any facts.

If you know the facts then tell us. What do you consider to be "peanuts?" What is the average wage at SUFC? Who is the highest paid player and what does he earn? How much more could the club pay but you claim won't? If you don't know the answers to these questions then you cannot justifiably claim that the club pay "peanuts"

I would like to sign Lawrie Dudfield and pay him more than Wayne Gray because he is a better player!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Aug. 01 2005,18:32)]I would like to sign Lawrie Dudfield and pay him more than Wayne Gray because he is a better player!
That's a matter of opinion. How do you know that Dudfield wasn't offered more than Gray is on now?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Aug. 01 2005,18:30)]Everyone except clueless Neil!
What does that mean? It's a pointless statement without reference

Take it as a compliment Neil.

When Wiggy says something, generally speaking it's the opposite that flies.

Don't know why I'm bothering as it's wiggy and whoever they are, are just becoming one big wind up but:

The club are STILL talking to Dudfield. So they are making an effort. He's obviously not all that committed to us though.

Secondly, getting myself into trouble probably, the top earner at the club is on around £2k a week. Hardly peanuts IMHO, don't know about you.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Aug. 01 2005,18:43)]Don't know why I'm bothering as it's wiggy and whoever they are, are just becoming one big wind up but:

The club are STILL talking to Dudfield. So they are making an effort. He's obviously not all that committed to us though.

Secondly, getting myself into trouble probably, the top earner at the club is on around £2k a week. Hardly peanuts IMHO, don't know about you.
I don't see how anyone can say that. Unless things have changed in the past week, the club has spoken to Dudfield twice at most since last season. Thats hardly a sign that he is high on Tilly's list of priorities.

Dudfield or Goater? To be honest I'd like to see them both here.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Aug. 01 2005,18:43)]Don't know why I'm bothering as it's wiggy and whoever they are, are just becoming one big wind up but:

over a hundred grand a year...I wouldnt say no...

Top earner gets half of what Goater alledgedly wants, as i said why band these names about, someone can pay it but it won't be us!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ Aug. 01 2005,18:45)]
[b said:

over a hundred grand a year...I wouldnt say no...
Whilst the top earners might be on £100k a year, other members of the first team are on less than a quarter of that, with families to feed, mortgages to pay and a very limited time left in their career before they are chucked on the scrap-heap.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Aug. 01 2005,18:47)]Top earner gets half of what Goater alledgedly wants, as i said why band these names about, someone can pay it but it won't be us!
I asked you what you consider to be "peanuts"

what is your source for Goater's demands?

what is the average wage? how do you know the club can pay more but won't? These are all claims that you have made that are so far unfounded. Perhaps you'd like to back them up with some facts if you'd like even a shread of credibility

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Aug. 01 2005,18:45)]I don't see how anyone can say that. Unless things have changed in the past week, the club has spoken to Dudfield twice at most since last season.
I haven't posted that from what Dudfield said the other week. I've been told by my 'person' within the club that we're still trying to sort things out with him. I guess from the fact that we can't seem to get anyone else we've gone back to him.

you are protecting the club, how do you know that the club have not insulted Duds with a reduced offer, but they can do no wrong, remember the paltry 700 quid they offered Connie after he had almost singlehandidly kept us up!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Aug. 01 2005,18:55)]you are protecting the club, how do you know that the club have not insulted Duds with a reduced offer, but they can do no wrong, remember the paltry 700 quid they offered Connie after he had almost singlehandidly kept us up!
I'm not protecting anyone. I'm asking you to back up your claims with facts.

No, I don't remember that because I wasn't there when the offer was made to him so I can't vouch for the figure. Do you remember his agent was offering him around the country at Christmas time? If you pay mercenaries you don't get commitment.

It's clear that you don't know any of the facts you claim to, so I think with that I'll take my leave

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Aug. 01 2005,18:55)]remember the paltry 700 quid they offered Connie after he had almost singlehandidly kept us up!
He was bloody lucky to get that.
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Aug. 01 2005,18:55)]you are protecting the club, how do you know that the club have not insulted Duds with a reduced offer, but they can do no wrong, remember the paltry 700 quid they offered Connie after he had almost singlehandidly kept us up!
Would that be the same Leon Constantine, who when he left the more discerning supporters reacted by saying "so what? We can do better."

I believe we did do better when we signed Wayne Gray and a certain Freddy Eastwood. The league table appears to back that opinion as well.

I do like Dudfield, I think he's an intelligent footballer, but I can see his weaknesses as well. I'd be happy to have him here as a fringe player, but that would need to be on a fringe player's wages. I want to be able to watch the club play in 2 seasons' time and not be bankrupted.

ps Wiggy, after Flahavan's awful goalkeeping blunder, I was surprised to see you show your face on here so soon. You do however appear to have kept very quiet for once on the goalkeeping issue. Surely having seen Flahavan make such a howler, you must be hoping Tilly goes for the superior Bart Griemink (who has still to concede a goal in pre-season) for the opener against Port Vale

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Aug. 01 2005,17:55)]Northampton in a friendly. Goater is an old man that requires in excess of 4K a week and is a short term fix. The trialists on show have clearly not been up to scratch so anybody know the real truth as to why we are not making an effort to get Dudfield back on board?
For a Bird Wiggy your wind ups are quite good, However becoming very tiresome.

No more please
laugh.gif

Just on the striker note, Bruce Dyer has signed a 12 month contract at Stoke. Bugger.
sad.gif

Oh, and I see from the Stoke site that Carl Asaba is available on a free. Now, he probably wouldn't have been too high on our wishlist as fans before, but with all else failing, what does everyone else think about him? He's got lots of experience, a physical presence and is from the South.

rock.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back