• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stuff the Goat,

Status
Not open for further replies.
[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Aug. 01 2005,18:25)]I'm afraid you all take loving SUFC too far. In our predicament i think everyone would be much happier to see Lawrie on the bench this week but as usual Tilly knows best, er not this time!
Not me.

Can we make it a condition of registration for all new posters on here that they have to sign an agreement to ignore posts made by wiggy.

As for everyone else, can we PLEASE ignore posts by wiggy. He can't argue on his own. Just pretend he doesn't exist. Then he'll (eventually) go away. Sorry... she.

Just 5 pages in one evening. Wiggy, your standards truly are slipping. Pull your socks up or else you won't even be worth £700 a week.

What a pathetic board this is. Couldn't care less if you all hold hands and ignore me. These are not wind ups just my opinion and people like the above can't stand it cause he has his head in the clouds. Just agree with all his boring drivel and his mates pathetic attempt at humour,ORM i think it is and it will be one big happy club. No wonder Shrimperzone is going downhill because of the uphill gardeners!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Aug. 01 2005,20:58)]Oh, and I see from the Stoke site that Carl Asaba is available on a free. Now, he probably wouldn't have been too high on our wishlist as fans before, but with all else failing, what does everyone else think about him? He's got lots of experience, a physical presence and is from the South.

rock.gif
Possibly could do us a job as a fringe player but may well fall foul of the Col U hating mob as he's an ex Ewe. Wasn't he actually there at the same time as Wignall too?

Although, having said that it would be great if he popped up as a late substitute to clinch a win in either of the forthcoming derbies!
laugh.gif

I'm with fbm here... although I will admit to a sneaking amusement at some of the more unhinged rants of high priestess of sloblock wiggy

biggrin.gif
oops.gif

firstly, how anyone with a name like that expects to get taken seriously is beyond me (ok, I'm not coming from a position of strength on this one, but you get my drift...)

Then, the breathtaking abandonment of all reason and flagrant avoidance of a veritable avalanche of evidence doesnt deter that most determined of pessimists - our dear friend wiggy.

One thing I do agree with her on - this board would be a more boring place without her caustic wit and cutting repartee!

wink.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Aug. 01 2005,22:30)]What a pathetic board this is. Couldn't care less if you all hold hands and ignore me. These are not wind ups just my opinion and people like the above can't stand it cause he has his head in the clouds. Just agree with all his boring drivel and his mates pathetic attempt at humour,ORM i think it is and it will be one big happy club. No wonder Shrimperzone is going downhill because of the uphill gardeners!
<fingers in ears>

la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Aug. 01 2005,22:30)]What a pathetic board this is. Couldn't care less if you all hold hands and ignore me. These are not wind ups just my opinion and people like the above can't stand it cause he has his head in the clouds. Just agree with all his boring drivel and his mates pathetic attempt at humour,ORM i think it is and it will be one big happy club. No wonder Shrimperzone is going downhill because of the uphill gardeners!
I think he/she is right everyone has an opinion and r allowed to say what they want within reason. Some things i agree with and some i don't.
Most people on here stick to there little groups and don't like other peoples opinions, but that's what i thought this board was about, saying what u think...?

As for strikers i hope we sign "the Goat" before saturday.
Dudfield can stay at northampton, he's not loyal enough otherwise he would of signed by now.
If someone does get injured saturday Bentley up front...!
unclesam.gif

unclesam.gif

unclesam.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ Aug. 02 2005,01:05)]I think IT is right everyone has an opinion and r allowed to say what they want within reason. Some things i agree with and some i don't.
Most people on here stick to there little groups and don't like other peoples opinions, but that's what i thought this board was about, saying what u think...?
It is, Scamps. And also accepting that some people might not accept an opinion is one of the other strengths of this community. The problem with Wiggy is that his / her opinion tends to be offered as fact without any fundamental proof that it is so. That's what makes his / her posts so tedious at times. Argue your opinion, yes. Offer your opinion as fact without any basis of valid proof, no. He / she is asked many times to back up her his / her claims with verifiable data and he / she ignores the questioner or disappears back into the ether from whence she came. I'm with fbm on this one - just ignore him / her.

And I think ORM is funny ...

WS

wink.gif

And he/she said/inferred that ORM was a mate of mine. Scandalous! I've never met ORM in my life and he's never met me. Not that I'm admitting to anyway. I'm sure if I did meet him he'd be a decent enough bloke but to suggest he's a mate, welll that's just going too far!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Aug. 02 2005,00:04)]
ugly-women.jpg

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>IS WIGGY UPSET 'COS NO-ONE BITES ANYMORE?!</span>

Xabia Shrimper

You should be ashamed of yourself. Regardless of whether you disagree sometimes with what Wiggy says (and I am one of those who does, but silently most of the time, as I see no need to bite), this kind of post is puerile, insulting and not funny. If Wiggy is indeed a woman, as seems to be a general theory on here, then this is very ungentlemanly, and I would have expected better.

Come on, people, it is a new season, after a great one last time round.  I know we all have high hopes, if not perhaps expectations, but can't we for once, in the week leading up to the start of the season, perhaps agree to differ in a spirit of courtesy, tolerance for each others' views, and unity in our desire to see the team have a good season.  

Barnabas

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Aug. 02 2005,01:10)]And I think ORM is funny ...
Up until the bit above, I was in total agreement, Mike.

tounge.gif

Yes, another back slapping, total agreement post by a member of the SZ Up Hill Gardeners Society.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barnabas @ Aug. 02 2005,04:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Aug. 02 2005,00:04)]
ugly-women.jpg

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>IS WIGGY UPSET 'COS NO-ONE BITES ANYMORE?!</span>

Xabia Shrimper

You should be ashamed of yourself. Regardless of whether you disagree sometimes with what Wiggy says (and I am one of those who does, but silently most of the time, as I see no need to bite), this kind of post is puerile, insulting and not funny. If Wiggy is indeed a woman, as seems to be a general theory on here, then this is very ungentlemanly, and I would have expected better.

Come on, people, it is a new season, after a great one last time round.  I know we all have high hopes, if not perhaps expectations, but can't we for once, in the week leading up to the start of the season, perhaps agree to differ in a spirit of courtesy, tolerance for each others' views, and unity in our desire to see the team have a good season.  

Barnabas
I thought it was funny... but being a member of the UHGS (Med dipping branch to boot), I would.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Aug. 01 2005,18:48)]Whilst the top earners might be on £100k a year, other members of the first team are on less than a quarter of that, with families to feed, mortgages to pay and a very limited time left in their career before they are chucked on the scrap-heap.
No one forced them to become professional footballers.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barnabas @ Aug. 02 2005,03:00)]...can't we for once, in the week leading up to the start of the season, perhaps agree to differ in a spirit of courtesy, tolerance for each others' views, and unity in our desire to see the team have a good season.  

Barnabas
An admirable sentiment Barnabas, and a law that Wiggy seemingly goes out of his way to avoid with each and every pass. A few have tried arguing your point previously where Wiggy is concerned but respect is a two-way street. It's therefore impossible now to respect anything Wiggy says.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The problem with Wiggy is that his / her opinion tends to be offered as fact without any fundamental proof that it is so. That's what makes his / her posts so tedious at times. Argue your opinion, yes. Offer your opinion as fact without any basis of valid proof, no. He / she is asked many times to back up her his / her claims with verifiable data and he / she ignores the questioner or disappears back into the ether from whence she came.

That just about sums it up.
The people on this board are generally a reasonable bunch and respect is always given when respect is received. Act like a child, be treated like a child.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ Aug. 02 2005,00:05)]As for strikers i hope we sign "the Goat" before saturday.
Dudfield can stay at northampton, he's not loyal enough otherwise he would of signed by now.
If someone does get injured saturday Bentley up front...!
unclesam.gif

unclesam.gif

unclesam.gif
No Super Adam Barrett

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Aug. 01 2005,18:25)]I&#39;m afraid you all take loving SUFC too far. In our predicament i think everyone would be much happier to see Lawrie on the bench this week but as usual Tilly knows best, er not this time&#33;
Best predicament we have had in 8 years, a division higher with Tilly at the helm. How many football clubs have you managed?? None?? Thought so.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Aug. 01 2005,22:30)]What a pathetic board this is. Couldn&#39;t care less if you all hold hands and ignore me. These are not wind ups just my opinion and people like the above can&#39;t stand it cause he has his head in the clouds. Just agree with all his boring drivel and his mates pathetic attempt at humour,ORM i think it is and it will be one big happy club. No wonder Shrimperzone is going downhill because of the uphill gardeners&#33;
Sound&#39;s like a mixing of metaphors, or at worst some impossible act of contortion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back