• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Barry has made 65 appearances in league 1 scoring 10,he was obviously much younger ,much fitter and probably slightly faster,as I said Barry will want a 2 year deal to safeguard his own finances,His future will be elsewhere as I dont think Ron will give him the deal.
I don't think Barry needs to demand a 2 year contract, if we don't want him at the end of next season there will be loads of League 2 clubs queing up to sign him.

I just wonder if Cocko might be receiving a phone call from Yeovil any time soon, we all know that PS isn't up to the more physical side of management and training.

I would keep Barrett as a player/defensive coach, also his experience at playing at a higher level will benefit the team. I thought he was solid Saturday and will still do a good job in league 1.
What another defence minded coach! You are having a laugh, it's a attacking minded coach that we need.

This is how I see it:

GK
Bentley
T. Smith

RB
White
~Loan if/when required~
[Leonard]

LB
Coker
~Loan if/when required~
[Barrett/Prosser]

CB
Bolger
—Signing—
Thompson
Barrett/Prosser

RM
—Signing—
Atkinson
[Weston]
?Hurst? (if we get an offer I'd take it)

LM
Worrall
—Signing— ?McLaughlin?
Weston

CM
—Signing—
Leonard
Timlin

[Atkinson]
?Deegan?

AM
Payne
Bridge (loan out)

ST
—Signing—
Corr
—Signing/Loan— ?Pig?
—Signing/Loan— ?Cassidy?

?Williams?

Key
Keep
Unsure
Secondary position
Sign
Loan if/when necessary

Stephen McLaughlin has tweeted as follows, which suggests to me there's not been any discussion on coming back next year.

Stephen Mclaughlin ‏@stephenmac15 2h2 hours ago
Really enjoyed my time at @SUFCRootsHall and what a way to end my loan spell than won at Wembley! Support from the fans has been unreal! 1/2

All the best in league one @SUFCRootsHall #wembley #promotion #leagueone
1f44f.png
1f44f.png
2/2

Think McLaughlin still has another 2 years under contract at Nottingham Forest.

I think we will hear this week as to which players are asked to continue their career elsewhere - it is only fair on them so that they have the maximum time available to find another club. And remember this is their job and they may have families and mortgages and other worries as well.

All said, I say thank you to them for trying ther best for the club. :thumbsup:

Based on some of the views above, I think there will be some surprises for some. I can't see a number of our current players being good enough for Division 3 - sad though that is.

Of everyone, I would love to see Mads given another year. He was the one player I was excited about seeing and that Metatarsal injury ruled him out for a lot of the season. Reckon he could do a job in L1

Of everyone, I would love to see Mads given another year. He was the one player I was excited about seeing and that Metatarsal injury ruled him out for a lot of the season. Reckon he could do a job in L1
Agree with this, he was superb in pre-season but unfortunately that's all we've really seen of him. Will be down to what Brown and his team have seen in training.

Stephen McLaughlin has tweeted as follows, which suggests to me there's not been any discussion on coming back next year.

Really enjoyed my time at @SUFCRootsHall and what a way to end my loan spell than won at Wembley! Support from the fans has been unreal! 1/2

All the best in league one @SUFCRootsHall #wembley #promotion #leagueone
1f44f.png
1f44f.png
2/2

No major loss. Done ok for us but not been overly impressed and to be honest hope we do better with a winger. Gives the ball away too much for my mind, Decent crosser but not fussed.

No major loss. Done ok for us but not been overly impressed and to be honest hope we do better with a winger. Gives the ball away too much for my mind, Decent crosser but not fussed.

Good as an impact sub, changed the game when he came on in the 2nd leg against Stevenage and scored a great goal but not a starter for me

Agree with this, he was superb in pre-season but unfortunately that's all we've really seen of him. Will be down to what Brown and his team have seen in training.
Don't think he rates him , as at AGM Phil commented that he "wasn't pulling up any trees".... Make of that what you will

Do you really think any player (other than maybe improving young players) not good enough to get in a League Two team will make a significant impact in the much higher standard of League One ?
prosser is only out due to Barrett , so as I said , depends on Barrett staying ... Prosser, in my opinion, is getting more of a leader , stronger and is faster than Barrett , but I would concede he hasn't the experience of Adam ...

I include him in the "improving young players" category.

Last time we went up from the playoffs we had players who were better equipped for the step up in virtually every position bar goalkeeper and leftback. The tremendous finish to the season has left Brown with a lot of work to do.
lovely position for Phil to have , new league and new players to get, I bet he is relishing the thought, even when he is on holiday

I think we will hear this week as to which players are asked to continue their career elsewhere - it is only fair on them so that they have the maximum time available to find another club. And remember this is their job and they may have families and mortgages and other worries as well.

All said, I say thank you to them for trying ther best for the club. :thumbsup:

Based on some of the views above, I think there will be some surprises for some. I can't see a number of our current players being good enough for Division 3 - sad though that is.
Phil said quite clearly in his Sky interview yesterday morning that there will be no contract news this week as he is on holiday and will not be sitting down to discuss his or others contracts until he is back next week.

Back