• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Wycombe Wanderers V Southend United

Dear oh Dear 4 games in and surprise bloody surprise we have a player with a hamstring injury in defence...….bloody hell are players made of china nowadays, our ones fall apart with a fart of wind hitting them...…...

Not sure on fitness - let’s be fair I can’t be alone in losing track of injuries - but if they’re all readily available, this please....

———————— Oxley ————————-

Elvis ——— Kiernan —Lennon ———Ralph

—————— ——Milligan ————————-

Ndukwu ————————————Mac/Hutch

————————— Cox ————————

———— Humphrys ——— Goody ————

Simple 442 with a diamond in the middle.

- Some form of leadership at the back

- Milligan doing what he’s meant to do

- Pace on the wings,

- Strikers not isolated

Last edited:
In my opinion....

Dropping Oxley after Blackpool was a mistake. Bishop played v Stevenage but picking Oxley for Coventry said he was No 1....Bishop no matter how he played in the league cup should’ve made way for Oxley in next game....

If any other player had been as out of sorts as Shaughnessy or cost as many goals they’d have been left out by now...so I’m going Milligan in there to communicate and shore things up as well as helping us play how the manager wants us to play

Cox at the moment is so far off his best he’s a passenger. Harsh but sorry imo true....not saying he’s not our best player when fit but no pre season has caught him and he will either put in another poor performance or risk further injury....he needs to sit out.

So I’ll go 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 or 4-1-4-1 or 4-3-3 or however else you’d like to see it written on a pre match graphic....

———————Oxley———————

Elvis——Milligan——Lennon——Ralph

———————Hyam———————

———Mantom———Hamilton———

Ndukwu————————Hutchinson

——————Goodship——————

I like this line-up - it will give Bishop and Shaunessy a break and a chance to get some form and confidence back on the training ground.(and the same for Cox). Sometimes when things are not going well for particular players then a break from the game tension (tension is high at the moment as we are on a losing streak ) is just what they need and would be good 'man management' in my view.

The line-up keeps the defence and midfield strong with Hyam given another chance to impress and the newbies given a chance up front to see what they can do. Hamilton, Ndukwa, Godship and Hutchinson will be full of confidence and wanting to impress so that should lift the whole team

Dont forget Bond is going to play 6 at the back and none up front! Maybe he will go with two keepers! I understand he has been on the phone to Donald Trump to see if there is any chance of building a wall on the half way line or maybe even buying the Wycombe goal area and requiring Wycombe players to have a visa before entering!

We will lose and KB will blame our defensive problems on a malaise dating back to the first manned flight in Southend-on-Sea in 1910 which crashed into (what is now) the South Bank. "When I arrived the whole club was devastated..."

Last edited:
waiting for him to blame the smell from the burgers putting the players off

I'm really considering not going. Convince me why I should spend £50+ and devote mostl of Saturday travelling to Wycombe and back.

If your going to pay £50+ to get into Wycombe I reckon i could convince you of anything.

if Keirnan plays it will make our defense better and hopefully we can build on this and we might get something.Some will say I am clutching at straws but we have to believe and at the moment will take a zero zero draw

Thursday afternoon now and Saturday's must get something match is approaching fast.
I hope the squad and club get over the disappointment of Tuesday by concentrating their minds, body and soul on a win PDQ.
I can't do a poll and don't need one to select my starting line up.

Bish

Elvis, Shaunhessey, Lennon, Ralph

Hammy, Milligan, Mantom

Cox

Hump, Lollipop.

1 nil Blues.

I would go with your starting eleven, with the exception I would swap Oxley for Bishop and Kiernan for Shaunhessey if Kiernan is fit.

After watching the game Tuesday and if we put the above team out in a 442, I am hoping our luck will change and we will get our first league win of the season.

I will be there......let's get behind the team and be the 12 man.

Come on you Shrimpers

Probably too soon for Kiernan. Hopefully he’s well on his way back and it won’t be too long before we see him again but he has to have learnt lessons from Blackpool with Ridgewell

Currently only 380 odd tickets sold for this game hardly surprising with the current performances as we took over 600 to Lincoln

If your going to pay £50+ to get into Wycombe I reckon i could convince you of anything.

£2 parking, £30 train fare, £18 Admission, £3 programme plus food and drink to watch 5 defenders playing tippy tappy slowly across their own penalty area apart from the last 15 minutes when Wycombe start protecting their one goal lead.

Akinfenwa and Onyedimna might be worth the admission though.

I'm really considering not going. Convince me why I should spend £50+ and devote mostl of Saturday travelling to Wycombe and back.

To be able to say you were at Bond’s last game?

I would go with your starting eleven, with the exception I would swap Oxley for Bishop and Kiernan for Shaunhessey if Kiernan is fit.

After watching the game Tuesday and if we put the above team out in a 442, I am hoping our luck will change and we will get our first league win of the season.

I will be there......let's get behind the team and be the 12 man.

Come on you Shrimpers
Why would Bond play two upfront away when he's just played one upfront at home? We'll probably play none upfront knowing this idiot!!

Back