• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Wycombe Wanderers V Southend United

I cant see how we can possibly win , to win we need to score goals ,so unless the opposition put a few through their own goal its impossible , a 0-0 draw ,lets be realistic ,when was the last time we had a blank sheet in goals scored against us , sorry to me its another 3-0 loss .

A leaked very short report for Wycombe manager apparently read......

"GA, I have two key words for you; patience and press. 007 has SUFC playing out from the back. Keep patient for about 30 mins and keep a high press. Eventually the chances will come and when they do get Ade Akinfenwa at the far post to be on the end of crosses. Same goes for Fred Onyedimna at the other post. Oh, and the travelling SUFC support are amongst the best in the land. They support their team like no other fans. Remember Wembley?"

If it were me picking the side this week, there would be changes.

Oxley

Bwomono, White, Lennon, Ralph

Mantom, Milligan, Hamilton, Ndukwu

Goodship, Humphrys

To be fair to Mantom, he does try and his work rate on Tuesday was really very good. Hutchinson on the bench to cover, Kelman and Cox ditto. I've not been too impressed with Shaugnessy so he's on the bench.

That looks like an effective line up to me OBL. Please persuade Mr. Bond to go with it.

I like the idea of a 4-1-2-3-1. Is that an extra player on the team or maybe play with the goalkeeper in front of the back 4?

At least if Oxley was playing in front of the back 4 there's a chance he may come off his line!

Not sure on fitness - let’s be fair I can’t be alone in losing track of injuries - but if they’re all readily available, this please....

———————— Oxley ————————-

Elvis ——— Kiernan —Lennon ———Ralph

—————— ——Milligan ————————-

Ndukwu ————————————Mac/Hutch

————————— Cox ————————

———— Humphrys ——— Goody ————

Simple 442 with a diamond in the middle.

- Some form of leadership at the back

- Milligan doing what he’s meant to do

- Pace on the wings,

- Strikers not isolated
I like this, what can go wrong...?

Based on recent performances and the need to get some kind of result on Saturday, assuming they're fit I'd go for:

Oxley

Bwomono Milligan Lennon Ralph

Mantom Hyam Hamilton

Cox

Humphrys Goodship​

Subs: Bishop, White, Blackman, Hutchinson, Ndukwu, Robinson, Kelman

ANDRE Blackman is determined to repay Kevin Bond’s faith after being rescued from the football wilderness by Southend United.

More...

I'm really considering not going. Convince me why I should spend £50+ and devote most of Saturday travelling to Wycombe and back.
£50 seems a lot to come to Wycombe - I know, I live there. Back in the day I used to hitchhike to away games but my other half won't let me these days. But if you do get to Wycombe then there a few decent pubs pre-match. Try the Bootleggers opposite the station, which has an amazing range of real ales both on draft and in bottles although the beer is quite pricey. There's a good Weatherspoons in the town centre called the Falcon, The real 'away fans pub' is the White Horse on West Wycombe Road (A4) about a mile west from the town centre on the way to the ground which has plenty of lagers and strippers pre-match. £1 in the pot when they dance plus lap dances if you want 'em. No admission charge but no-one aged under 18 can get in.

£50 seems a lot to come to Wycombe - I know, I live there. Back in the day I used to hitchhike to away games but my other half won't let me these days. But if you do get to Wycombe then there a few decent pubs pre-match. Try the Bootleggers opposite the station, which has an amazing range of real ales both on draft and in bottles although the beer is quite pricey. There's a good Weatherspoons in the town centre called the Falcon, The real 'away fans pub' is the White Horse on West Wycombe Road (A4) about a mile west from the town centre on the way to the ground which has plenty of lagers and strippers pre-match. £1 in the pot when they dance plus lap dances if you want 'em. No admission charge but no-one aged under 18 can get in.

This is a first for the zone. Advice about a pub with strippers before a game. Lol.

No place for Hamilton who was one of our better players on Tuesday night

That’s one of the problems we’ve been complaining about though, isn’t it? Trying to shoe horn players into a system.

Whilst I totally agree with you about him being one of the better ones from Tuesday, I see nowhere to play him in that 442 diamond formation, unless you’re swapping him for Cox or Milligan.

If Mr Bond bravely continues with patient passing, nice on the eye football, building from the back and occasionally at pace, I presume he wouldnt want to deviate from a back 3, So my liking then would be for the attractive 3-4-2-1
For me that would be with Oxley in goal, White , Kiernan and Lennon in the back 3, Bwomono, Milligan, Hamilton and Ralph in the mid 4 , Goodship/Nduckwu and Cox behind Humphries. Sorry no place for Mantom, despite his last performance or Shaunessy, but would have to wait on Kiernan being fully fit

Back