• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Highlight of the game was undoubtedly Pubey failing to catch the ball when it got lumped in to the terrace.

Full marks for The Pitchside bar as well, although quite what YB and I did to deserve a prolonged moan from the most biased Yorkshireman in the world (a competitive heat, that) I'll never know.

Great away day, I've really paid the price today though.

This latest win was hard earned and just about deserved. Whatever football was played came from the Blues. Dissappointed in the long ball tactics of York

Ratings

Bentley 7 Made one bad error in miskicking a clearance but got away with it
White 7 Usual solid display
Thompson 7 Gaining in confidence with every game
Prosser 7 Commanded his area
Williams 6 First real test against a tricky winger. Improved as the game went on
Hurst 7 Returning to some sort of form
Clifford 8 Had good game and links well with Deegan
Deegan 8 Does all the dirty work but avoids cautions that Clifford would get in that role. These two work well to-gether

Highlight of the game was undoubtedly Pubey failing to catch the ball when it got lumped in to the terrace.

Full marks for The Pitchside bar as well, although quite what YB and I did to deserve a prolonged moan from the most biased Yorkshireman in the world (a competitive heat, that) I'll never know.

Great away day, I've really paid the price today though.

It was a far better attempt than their keeper though!

To Complete
Payne 9 MOM Good skill and vision
Weston 7 Worked hard but must cut out the play acting
Shaq 7 Lots of effort and gaining in confidence

Worral 7 Has the ability to create scoring chance for others. Needs more game time but who would drop out?
Atkinson Not enough game time
Mads Same

3 wins in a row means we can't complain, and that on this occasion it pays to keep faith. It's a shame those few fans who let rip at the players yesterday after we conceded before the break couldn't keep the faith too. Adam Thompson looks much improved on last season - is winning far more headers. JBW on loan from Palace likes to get forward but isn't a solid as Coker defensively. Payne offers something that most centre halves at this level will struggle to cope with. I was surprised with the final substitution too - they'd been all over us since we went 3-1 up, and adding another centre half seemed to be inviting the pressure to continue - I'd have thought putting someone up front who could occupy them would have been an option. Three points though so job done.

Enjoyed that. Well bar the nervy last twenty.

Payne and Deegan makes us so much more a unit, linking the midfield to both attack and defence. Gives us more fluidity.

Also, I hate to say it, but Lenny not being in the side today seemed to give us less turnover of possession, there were not as many Hollywood passes and we seemed to retain possession better for it; again bar the last ten minutes when we sat back and let them come at us.

However the most impressive performance of the day was from Yorkie Blue, eating a Balti Pie for every goal scored. He'll have needed to run home to burn that lot off. Mods, you may wanna change his handle to Porkie Blue for a while.

Payne and Deegan makes us so much more a unit, linking the midfield to both attack and defence. Gives us more fluidity.

Also, I hate to say it, but Lenny not being in the side today seemed to give us less turnover of possession, there were not as many Hollywood passes and we seemed to retain possession better for it; again bar the last ten minutes when we sat back and let them come at us.

However the most impressive performance of the day was from Yorkie Blue, eating a Balti Pie for every goal scored. He'll have needed to run home to burn that lot off. Mods, you may wanna change his handle to Porkie Blue for a while.

He deserved that after spending an hour before the game telling everyone 'this has nil-nil written all over it'. :smile:

A bit disrespectful and harsh IMO. I quite like the more comedic away day reports, but I can understand why some might not. However no need to slam it.
Equally harsh to dish out red to someone who is expressing an opinion, if it's posted on a public forum then it's open to receive praise and criticism.

Equally harsh to dish out red to someone who is expressing an opinion, if it's posted on a public forum then it's open to receive praise and criticism.

Rep is for when you agree or disagree with something. I didn't agree with your post. Stop moaning about it.

I keep asking myself why so many threads end with two or more people "having a go" at each other. :sad: I don't remember it being like this some while ago (or perhaps my memory is playing up again).

Anyway let's get back to the subject.

Someone above mentioned the lack of Leonard ......... I was pleased to see no long throws from us although York had someone to deliver the ball into the box.

And no mention yet of Straker .......... came on and did nothing. I was surprised to see York's no 20 come off - he was their only threatening player in the 1st half and was making Williams earn his pay.

Payne and Deegan were the best players on the park today. That said, why after our 1st and 3rd did we sit back and invite trouble. Everytime we pressed the ball York could'nt keep possession. Should have kept that up. Good away win against a mid table side....................Coulthirst needs to be benched in favour of BBBC, Barney or Worrall and Mads needs a full 90 mins, looked a bit nervy when he came on.

Five Balti pies ? That wouldn't be the only reason he'd need to run home !

Equal highest number of goals ever in a York v Southend game and the most for just over 50 years when we also won 3-2 there with Duggie Price and Sam McCrory getting the goals.

Their keeper was woeful for Hurst's (by far the second worst ball handling of the day!!:winking:)

Fixed that for you.

Er, it was only the one balti pie. The other pie was meat and potato:raspberry:

6.5 out of 10 for both.

Anyway the calories gained from that will have been more than outweighed from the Ale Trail. Apparently I only had to drink a pint in 12 of them to qualify for the t-shirt, whereas I completed the lot (including having to go back to several as I'd forgotten to get the card stamped). Oops.

Deegan was my man of the match but the real star of the weekend was the Yorkshire brewing industry.

He deserved that after spending an hour before the game telling everyone 'this has nil-nil written all over it'. :smile:

Given the unequivocal success of this tactic, I clearly need to employ it again next week.

Back