• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Your favourite sending OFF?

I can't remember much detail but I remember an opposition keeper getting sent off in the early noughties. It was for two bookable offences with the second being dissent for abusing the ref after the first.

The whole ground were laughing at him coz he threw a massive paddy about it as he went off. He then proceeded to boot the match ball into the crowd, which hit a woman in the face who was later carried out by St John's Ambulance.

Anyone remember this and got any more detail?

I can't remember much detail but I remember an opposition keeper getting sent off in the early noughties. It was for two bookable offences with the second being dissent for abusing the ref after the first.

The whole ground were laughing at him coz he threw a massive paddy about it as he went off. He then proceeded to boot the match ball into the crowd, which hit a woman in the face who was later carried out by St John's Ambulance.

Think that was Tony Bullock of Macclesfield. He went and sat in with the away fans after getting changed. Totally lost the plot!

I Think it was against Macclesfield in front of the south stand where we all laughed(at him throwing his toy's out the pram,not hitting the lady)

I Think it was against Macclesfield in front of the south stand where we all laughed(at him throwing his toy's out the pram,not hitting the lady)
Thinking about it I think it was a young lad he hit with the ball and gave him his gloves!
He had no use for them that day after getting his marching orders.

Swansea away. Gower becoming our third red as he left the pitch , after being subbed, for complaining about Jay Smiths sending off.
Marc Warren was told to go back off, the ref called Gower back on and then sent him off.
Warren then came on minutes later, got straight onto a long ball , made it 3 1 before slotting in at the back as intended.
We hung on to win 3 2 . "We only need 8 men"

Swansea away. Gower becoming our third red as he left the pitch , after being subbed, for complaining about Jay Smiths sending off.
Marc Warren was told to go back off, the ref called Gower back on and then sent him off.
Warren then came on minutes later, got straight onto a long ball , made it 3 1 before slotting in at the back as intended.
We hung on to win 3 2 . "We only need 8 men"

And I think, in the history of the world, are the only team to have scored a goal in a professional match with only 8 men on the pitch.

I remember listening to the commentary on the radio in disbelief and when I saw the highlights, I thought "what the hell was Mark Warren thinking being up there when we only had 8 men?"

Neil Townsend, can't remember against whom or when, but remember him running 30 yards to head butt a player standing right next to the referee - classic brain dead moment.

The most bizarre was the ref mistaking Leon Johnson for Jerome Boere.
Roy had some great red cards.

You mean Leo Roget and Jeroen Boere? And it was even more ridiculous than mistaking a black player for a white player: Leo was being given a yellow card whilst the incident between JB and one of the opposition players took place, meaning a) LR was nowhere near the incident, and b) the ref must have known because he was the one dishing out the card.

That was St*ve ****ing B*nnett sending off Roget for something Boere had done 30 yards away.

Several years later B*nnett was also the ref who wrongly sent off both Maher and Gower at Col Ewe. B*nnett first got conned by Duguid falling over clutching his face and then thought Gower was in the wrong when Gower called B*nnett a ****.

Easily the worst ref I've had the misfortune to endure.

And yet he ended up in the Premier League.

And I think, in the history of the world, are the only team to have scored a goal in a professional match with only 8 men on the pitch.

I remember listening to the commentary on the radio in disbelief and when I saw the highlights, I thought "what the hell was Mark Warren thinking being up there when we only had 8 men?"

My understanding is that we're the only team to score from open play with 8 players on the pitch. I wasn't at the game, and didn't have commentary, but my dad called me to say we were 2-1 up but had just had another 2 sent off and that we were down to 8 players. We put the phone down expecting us to be annihilated, but my dad called me back about a minute later to tell me we'd scored. He was laughing so much he could hardly get the words out!

(On the flip side, Swansea are the only team in the world to conceded against 8 men!)

Neil Townsend, can't remember against whom or when, but remember him running 30 yards to head butt a player standing right next to the referee - classic brain dead moment.

That reminded me of Chris Powell being sent off because Andy Ansah lumped an opposition player in an Anglo Italian match and the ref got confused. AA also ran about 30 yards to get involved! It must have been one hell of a punch with 30-odd yards worth of momentum behind him!

My understanding is that we're the only team to score from open play with 8 players on the pitch. I wasn't at the game, and didn't have commentary, but my dad called me to say we were 2-1 up but had just had another 2 sent off and that we were down to 8 players. We put the phone down expecting us to be annihilated, but my dad called me back about a minute later to tell me we'd scored. He was laughing so much he could hardly get the words out!

(On the flip side, Swansea are the only team in the world to conceded against 8 men!)
that was the best match I ever watched on teletext - I can still see the screen like it was yesterday

That's an interesting stat. What made it even more incredible was the context of the goal, as we were already winning therefore you would expect a team with 8 men to be defending rather than attacking! Also scored by a central defender, I was at the game and it was a breakaway goal, hardly what you would expect a central defender to be doing when you are 2-1 up with 8 men.

Back