• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I have never seen so many Old Bill in one place at one time until this morning. I was about to nip into Pret for my morning coffee, when about 15 meat wagons came past, swiftly followed by about 30 coppers on foot. Plus there was the incessant sound of helicopters in the sky. In my hazy pre dawn state I wondered WTF was going on and then realised our beloved ex PM was giving his spin, sorry version of the "facts" leading up to the war in Iraq. I wonder how much this protection will cost the tax payer.

Notice everyone else called to give evidence has entered the building by the front entrance - "Teflon Tony" was smuggled in through the back door.
Frightened of facing the public then?.:thumbdown:

Who really gives a **** Sadam needed removing we went over there kicked arse and removed him job done The West 1 Islam 0

Thank you and goodnight

:net:

The 100 odd bereaved families of our brave armed forces sent to war on the basis of a pack of lies.

10's of 1000's innocent Iraqi's who have since died because between them Bush & Blair hadn't the slightest idea of an exit strategy.

Who really gives a ****

The families of those soldiers who came back in a coffin perhaps?

Now, don't get me wrong, I fully support the armed forces, I just don't see why Bliar had to get the UK involved in a war it could ill afford in terms of finance and human losses just because the USA said we were required to go (& lets face facts, with Dubbya it was a personal family feud & with the majority of his administration it was an opportunity to line their pockets by appointing companies they were associated with for the "rebuilding of Iraq"...)

10's of 1000's innocent Iraqi's who have since died because between them Bush & Blair hadn't the slightest idea of an exit strategy.

A late equaliser there.
The West 1 - Islamic Extremism 1

:net:

The 100 odd bereaved families of our brave armed forces sent to war on the basis of a pack of lies.

Iraq is a better place without Sadam FACT the world is safer without Sadam FACT

Them lads gave there lives to fight for a world free from Terror and to bring democracy to Iraq God bless every one of them

The families of those soldiers who came back in a coffin perhaps?

Now, don't get me wrong, I fully support the armed forces, I just don't see why Bliar had to get the UK involved in a war it could ill afford in terms of finance and human losses just because the USA said we were required to go (& lets face facts, with Dubbya it was a personal family feud & with the majority of his administration it was an opportunity to line their pockets by appointing companies they were associated with for the "rebuilding of Iraq"...)

A late equaliser there.
The West 1 - Islamic Extremism 1

What my point is enquires will solve nothing we was right to do what we did

What my point is enquires will solve nothing we was right to do what we did

So how about Israel then?
Is it OK they can commit a whole load of atrocities because they are defending their religion whereas the people who they are fighting against have been in residence for far longer.
If this was any other country in the world, watch the US go steaming in (with faithful little UK chasing their coat tails) and asking questions later...

Them lads gave there lives to fight for a world free from Terror and to bring democracy to Iraq God bless every one of them

Is it really a better place? Given the amount of bombs going off there every week, the absence of a genuine political structure, the heavily guarded green zones, the siphoning off of their resources to US companies, the destruction of their museums, the six figure death toll, the shootings and the lootings? I know Saddam was a thoroughly bad egg, but it's not exactly sunshine and butterflies over there, is it?

Is the world really safer without Saddam? He had bugger all to do with 9/11 or 7/7. He hadn't made a move on his neighbours, he had no weapons more sophisticated than a collection of former Soviet tanks and he was no risk to anyone besides his own people. Now Iraq is a breeding ground for terrorism and a poster chold for radicalism.

I didn't oppose the war in Iraq because I'm a hippie who wants everyone to love one another. I opposed it because it was really ****ing stupid. It cost a fortune, it cost lives, it cost respect and it cost the US and the UK their place on the moral high ground. After telling so many porkies in order to invade Iraq, how can we look Russia or China in the face and tell them what to do?

Sorry Scott that is nonsense. If that's the case why are there still atrocities being carried out every week? If Iraq is safer why is Al Qaeda there in force? Which incidentally the weren't under Saddam Hussein. I have no problem with regime change in Iraq. However I do have a problem about Blair lying to Parliament, and send our troops to war based on his lies, also to back up Bush who had personal family reasons to seek vengeance on Saddam Hussein. I also have a problem dealing with the fact that there was no thought given to an exit strategy, all that's left in a war that's lasted longer than WWII is a country torn to shreds by civil and religious unrest.

Nice one Mr Blair.

So how about Israel then?
Is it OK they can commit a whole load of atrocities because they are defending their religion whereas the people who they are fighting against have been in residence for far longer.
If this was any other country in the world, watch the US go steaming in (with faithful little UK chasing their coat tails) and asking questions later...

I must have missed the moment when Israel ceased to be the only democracy in the area and started being ruled by a murderous sadistic dictator. Is it really the case that the Palestinians have been around SO much longer? I believe the Israelites have a fairly solid historical claim to the territory, backed up by recent international law and the crushing *** kicking they dished out to the Arabs when the modern state of Israel was created.

Also, the Israelis aren't sponsoring or supporting terror attacks against us and our allies, so there are far better candidates for our ire.

Last edited:
The whole enquiry is going to solve nothing any way. All they are doing is blaming each other. You have got Important people coming out saying "well i could have said no we are not going to war, it is wrong, but i didn't because i wanted to keep my high paying job and not be hounded out of it. It's Blairs Fault!"

Blair will come out today and blame everyone that has mentioned his name in a negative way today and the panel will have to decide who told the most convincing lie.

I must have missed the moment when Israel ceased to be the only democracy in the area and started being ruled by a murderous sadistic dictator. Is it really the case that the Palestinians have been around SO much longer? I believe the Israelites have a fairly solid historical claim to the territory, backed up by recent internetional law and the crushing *** kicking they dished out to the Arabs when the modern state of Israel was created.

Also, the Israelis aren't sponsoring or supporting terror attacks against us and our allies, so there are far better candidates for our ire.

I was only using Israel to demonstrate how the USA tend to differentiate when it suits them...

Iraq is a safer place now. The US military recorded no casualties in Iraq in December. The surge was a success, whether you want to admit it or not.

Sorry Scott that is nonsense. If that's the case why are there still atrocities being carried out every week? If Iraq is safer why is Al Qaeda there in force? Which incidentally the weren't under Saddam Hussein. I have no problem with regime change in Iraq. However I do have a problem about Blair lying to Parliament, and send our troops to war based on his lies, also to back up Bush who had personal family reasons to seek vengeance on Saddam Hussein. I also have a problem dealing with the fact that there was no thought given to an exit strategy, all that's left in a war that's lasted longer than WWII is a country torn to shreds by civil and religious unrest.

Nice one Mr Blair.

You don't even know Blair lied to Parliament! if he is presented with facts about what we should do how is he lying he is just presenting the facts

Back