• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Halal Meals on Flights

personally I'd opt for a reach around from a sexy nurse before she delivers a fatal donkey punch, but oh well.

The evidence isn't conclusive, and halal factories work on an equally large scale too.
well that would certainly make those under cover documentaries on factory farming a lot more intresting..
seriously i meant the halal factory slaughter houses, animal welfare was the deciding factor in the methods of slaughter in this country.. if a slaughter house was found to be slitting animals throats to save money on stun bolts there would be uproar.. chuck in some relegious ***** and suddenly thats ok then .. why not put the animals of altars and stab em in the heart after some chanting..

well that would certainly make those under cover documentaries on factory farming a lot more intresting..
seriously i meant the halal factory slaughter houses, animal welfare was the deciding factor in the methods of slaughter in this country.. if a slaughter house was found to be slitting animals throats to save money on stun bolts there would be uproar.. chuck in some relegious ***** and suddenly thats ok then .. why not put the animals of altars and stab em in the heart after some chanting..

Technically less cruel as death is instantaneous. As already said its teh awareness of teh animal and if distress builds up before hand . Also degrades the quality of meat

To anyone that objects to Halal only meals the answer is simple - fly El Al - they'e kosher.

They are also the only airline to have anti-missile systems fitted to their fleet.

Last edited:
Since BA have now (nearly,sort of)merged with Iberia maybe you'll be lucky enough to get a Spanish food only option in the future!;)

In which case you'd have to buy it. Nothing comes free on Iberia flights (short haul at any rate). And what you can buy is extortionate. €5 for a serrano ham roll smaller than a child's fist? Bargain!

The QUICK burger chain in france has i believe gone all halal with no difference in the food at all,the burgers were ***** before halal and just as ***** after halal.

It's great that this thread has turned into a 'them coming to our country and telling us what to do' rant from a starting point of the meal you eat whilst on the way to someone elses...

Would there be less fuss if the meat was kosher?

It's great that this thread has turned into a 'them coming to our country and telling us what to do' rant from a starting point of the meal you eat whilst on the way to someone elses...

Would there be less fuss if the meat was kosher?

A Jewish lad I went to school with told me that it's well worth asking for kosher meals when you book a flight. Apparently the portions are much bigger and they're pretty tasty. That was about 15 years ago though and he was full of ****.

A Jewish lad I went to school with told me that it's well worth asking for kosher meals when you book a flight. Apparently the portions are much bigger and they're pretty tasty. That was about 15 years ago though and he was full of ****.

You're ****ed if the plane is hijacked by Muslims when you are half way through your knish or gefilte fish though.

For this reason I avoid the kosher section in Sainsburys even though I do quite fancy the hot dogs in the chilled section.

Last edited:
Bet, babe. Slide a piece o' da' porter. Drinks, I run da' java.

Oh stewardess, I speak jive...

images

You're ****ed if the plane is hijacked by Muslims half way through your knish or gefilte fish though.

For this reason I avoid the kosher section in Sainsburys even though I do quite fancy the hot dogs in the chilled section.

I usually while away the time on flights drinking cheap wine and reading bongo mags, so I'd be in bother anyway. May as well be hung for a (kosher) sheep as a (halal) lamb.

Anything that encourages more Muslims to get on planes can only be viewed a s a bad thing. I'm just glad I currently work on the third floor with easy access to the fire escape.

Back