• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Unbelievable how much admiration this guy gets on here, to be fair, he always gives 100% and does not deserve to be jeered but to rely on people like him to get us out of this division, heaven help us! Having to watch players of his standard in a Blues shirt
is one reason why our attendances are alarmingly starting to dip badly, only 4700 odd today despite a reasonable contingent from Cobblers.

I just don't understand this, he looked very good on the ball, he played some good passes and was unlucky not to score. We aren't relying on him to get out of this division we are relying a squad of 30 to get us out of this division.
Jesus.

Does my head in, he has a good game but he is still poor, it's honestly a joke.

No surprise we had our best performance with Sturrock in the team... Excellent performance today. Held ball up more in 70 mins than Harris and Dickinson have done all season

It doesnt matter what Blair does folk will knock him .The fickled fans just like to knock a player .Once he becomes a target they wont stop untill the player leaves .Blair Sturrock ran for the cause yesterday held the ball up well and had quite a few good passes for players to run onto .Got to a point when after no pre season and very little game time he did very well .He could do very well holding the ball for Either Dickinson or Harris when they return .

So who what happens when corr and harrisons fit and your blue eyed blairIs available. Do u keep him in the team and mug harris off!!Obl you not going to stalk blair like u have done other playersOh how awful
How dare Southend have options upfront! Surely if Harris should get in ahead of Blair he should get in on performance, not because it will 'mug Harris off'

So who what happens when corr and harrisons fit and your blue eyed blairIs available. Do u keep him in the team and mug harris off!!Obl you not going to stalk blair like u have done other playersOh how awful

You only need to look at the username. SMH.

You need to worry about your favorite daddy when he get fired very soon after losing to Braintree!

As for Blair, just leave him alone and I thought he doing a good job so far for us, he in the team on merits not because his father is the manager! Classic example of a son only in the team because of his father was the manager was Daniel Webb & David Webb - Daniel Webb was effing useless, enough said!

For various reasons I have no season ticket this year (principally work committments)...so I now pick and chose my seat when I can attend home matches. Having chosen to sit in the East Stand, I expected some moaning from the often older (should know better) brigade, but I have to say, I am absolutely fed up of so many so-called fans abusing Blair Sturrock every time he gets the ball.
The guy is not picked, as many ignorant minds appear to believe, through nepotism. He has a fantastic first touch, very good vision and can pick a pass - all attributes which help to create goals. Support the boy or do one.

Fed up.
very good first touch?
i must have been watching a different game,
he is better off as the water boy

very good first touch?
i must have been watching a different game,
he is better off as the water boy

Thought Blair did great yesterday, some of his passing and hold up play was amongst the best I've seen from us so far this year. Thought he linked up well with Hall and Bilel, the trouble is he makes one mistake a small minority of the crowd jump straight on him. As others have said, standing ovation says plenty - keep it up Jedi warrior!

To those who will never be happy with our team under PS, perhaps you should have gone up to Braintree last night instead to see them beat the Imps 1-0?

Thought Blair did great yesterday, some of his passing and hold up play was amongst the best I've seen from us so far this year. Thought he linked up well with Hall and Bilel, the trouble is he makes one mistake a small minority of the crowd jump straight on him. As others have said, standing ovation says plenty - keep it up Jedi warrior!

To those who will never be happy with our team under PS, perhaps you should have gone up to Braintree last night instead to see them beat the Imps 1-0?

\first of all i dont like braintree, second he gave the ball away too much and third his record just about says it all.

Senior career*Paul sturrock team managed
YearsTeamApps[SUP]†[/SUP](Gls)[SUP]†[/SUP]
1998–2001Dundee United001998–2000Dundee United
2000–2001→ Brechin City (loan)27-6
2001–2004Plymouth Argyle63-22000–2004Plymouth Argyle
2004–2005Kidderminster Harriers22-6
2005–2006Rochdale31-6
2006–2009Swindon Town50-62006–2007Swindon Town
2008→ Bournemouth (loan)40
2009→ Torquay United (loan)9-2
2009–2010Mansfield Town24-3
2010–Southend United45-62010–Southend United

\first of all i dont like braintree, second he gave the ball away too much and third his record just about says it all.

Senior career*Paul sturrock team managed
YearsTeamApps[SUP]†[/SUP](Gls)[SUP]†[/SUP]
1998–2001Dundee United001998–2000Dundee United
2000–2001→ Brechin City (loan)27-6
2001–2004Plymouth Argyle63-22000–2004Plymouth Argyle
2004–2005Kidderminster Harriers22-6
2005–2006Rochdale31-6
2006–2009Swindon Town50-62006–2007Swindon Town
2008→ Bournemouth (loan)40
2009→ Torquay United (loan)9-2
2009–2010Mansfield Town24-3
2010–Southend United45-62010–Southend United

How about all his link up play that creates goals, or his off the ball movement that creates space for others? If all you rate a forward on is how many goals he scores, you don't know a great deal about football.

How about all his link up play that creates goals, or his off the ball movement that creates space for others? If all you rate a forward on is how many goals he scores, you don't know a great deal about football.

strikers are judged on goals, wake up and smell the coffee, he's not a good striker he cant jump to header, he completes about 50% of passes, he does link up well with the opposition i will give you that.

strikers are judged on goals, wake up and smell the coffee, he's not a good striker he cant jump to header, he completes about 50% of passes, he does link up well with the opposition i will give you that.

Funny, I thought it was a team game, and forwards were judged as much by what they contribute to others goal scoring opportunities.

Heskey never scored many, but a lot of managers felt he was worth playing, or do you know better than them?

Anyone who slates, insults, boos etc. one of their own players is NOT a true fan, it is without doubt the most destructive act you can commit against what you claim to be "your club", if you do it then you're a ****, simples.

Edit - I mean at a match, what you say about them on SZ or in the pub is fair enough but while the game is going on the only thing coming out of your gob should be encouragement.

I don't think Blair is good enough to be at Southend, but fairs fair - I thought he played well yesterday and I don't agree with anyone that slates their own players, especially one like Blair who always gives 100%.

Trouble is brothel and score come to mind when talking about him!!

i have never shout insults at blair, i just think that he is kept on when he is not playing well. yesterday it would have been good to give him 50 minutes and then let one of the kids on. jemal is another one, when he come on i just dont see what sturrock see'e in him

I don't think Blair is good enough to be at Southend, but fairs fair - I thought he played well yesterday and I don't agree with anyone that slates their own players, especially one like Blair who always gives 100%.

Trouble is brothel and score come to mind when talking about him!!

i agree with the brothel coment

Funny, I thought it was a team game, and forwards were judged as much by what they contribute to others goal scoring opportunities.

Heskey never scored many, but a lot of managers felt he was worth playing, or do you know better than them?

he scores a lot more goals than blair my friend:
Leicester City154(40)
Liverpool150(39)
Birmingham City68(14)
Wigan Athletic82(15)
Aston Villa67(9)

1994–2000
2000–2004
2004–2006
2006–2009
2009–

Back