• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oh how quickly Ron changes his tune from the chat with him about Bilel in a month!

Of course it wasn't Bilel out breaking curfews before the game on Saturday!

I agree with the vast majority of your post, but I do think it odd that Mohsni was allowed back into the side at all then. If what RM says is true, his disruptive influence must have been known for a long time, in which case if it was that severe he should never have played again - if it's Mohsnis fault that we had a slump because he disrupted the dressing room - why on earth was he still in the dressing room? Thats what hints at scapegoatery to me.

Club cant win, if they got rid of him months ago they would have been slaughtered and after giving him numerous chances he has let the club and himself down repeatedly and now they get slaughtered anyway.

The guy has always been a ticking time bomb, he is great to watch but he is clearly not liked within the team and dont see a way back for him now.

Those younger 20 or so 15 year and younger boys are the future of SUFC and when asked they alll seem to spout his name well at least its not Rooney or another prem**** player its Bilel Moshni , if he goes i think we loose those younger supporters for good

If those young supporters stop supporting the club because one player leaves then Southend United is never going to be the club for them, when have we ever kept our best players!?

Bilel will be a loss, but not as much as plenty of other players in the past, Eastwood/Barnard/Bailey etc etc.

We still seem to be short of any real information about what happened on Saturday and why and yet most of you have him sacked and deported. I hope none of you do jury service.

We still seem to be short of any real information about what happened on Saturday and why and yet most of you have him sacked and deported. I hope none of you do jury service.

Indeed, he looked a bit stroppy when he came off but it's not like he had been sent off and went on a touchline rampage.

reading between the lines i think sturrock blames moshni for the disapline problems after just watching the pre match interview he seem s to think that its been sorted there fore sending him packing

Spirit in the camp is of course important but players breaching club rules isnt exactly helping the camp. Fans who are continuing to criticise individuals during and after the games is the main focus on the team spirit.

I am not interested in what aload of 15 year olds think either however they are entitled to their views just like the rest of us

Which is what Mohsni has done on a number of occasions. How many official warnings has he now had by the club?

And those are just the incidents that the media report.

The fact that we are all still talking about him, suggests to me that he's a distraction.

Well he asked to be subbed, stormed off and then got the train back.

Dont think we will get much more in the way of detail than that.

From what Chris Phillips said on the radio theres a lot that has happened that isnt public so not surprised its come to this.

Shame as with the right attitude Id want him starting up front at the moment.

Well he asked to be subbed, stormed off and then got the train back.

Dont think we will get much more in the way of detail than that.

From what Chris Phillips said on the radio theres a lot that has happened that isnt public so not surprised its come to this.

Shame as with the right attitude Id want him starting up front at the moment.

He could have felt a slight injury, he could have felt himself start to lose control and didn't want to get sent off, he could have felt that the team would be better off without him on the field. There could have been any number of things going on before the match and at half time which led to what happened. Maybe it's a coincidence that three of our players get caught in a breach of discipline and Mohsni melts down within a few hours of eachother - personally I don't tend to believe in coincidences.

If it was any of those things why the storm down the tunnell?

For any other player Id make allowances, this is just another in the list of Mohsni issues.

He is one of the few players we could actually sell so Im sure the club wouldnt dismiss him lightly.

The snippets of info revealed do not help the club in it's current quest for promotion. It is stated that other players told the manager re the 3 players alleged misdemeanours which must make a divide in the dressing room as I would not be impressed if a work colleague grassed me up to the boss and it seems Mohsni has upset team-mates with his various antics.
The whole club from the top down must all pull together to make promotion happen before it is too late so let's hope all the behind the scenes crap is put on hold and we , as fans, lead the support to put the season back on track.

Does anyone know when the statement is due ? I thought it would have been done by now. Anyone at the training groung today to see if he was there? For me to take the time to issue a statement doesn't sound too clever for him as if he was staying they would have quietly got on with things. But who knows.

Honestly do you think there will be a statement? Can see things being getting on with quietly. Staying or going. and fans will make up their own minds. Wonder if CP saw off the coach to see if Bilel was there. Maybe he will tweet later on.

If I was a betting man my money would be on Bilel being with another club this time next week.

My view based on this thread and previous threads and news articles:

This is a really tough situation for Southend.

We have an unearthed a player with undoubted potential from the unknown leagues of France. For that our scouting system and manager along with the chairman deserve credit for bringing him to the club.

The guy has endeared himself to the fans with his ability on the pitch and his heart on his sleeve approach which we as fans who don't have the pleasure of playing football for a living fully appreciate because we know if we played for the club we love that we would give our absolute all for Southend. However, we are united in agreement that the football club comes first.

So we have a player that has some behavioural problems. Guilty as charged for the following:

Involvement in Fracas
Confrontation with own players on pitch
Storming off at Oldham
Arguing with fans at football clubs
Storming off at Morecambe

Other factors to consider:

His behaviour has led to strong rumours that he is damaging team morale.
A potential lack of respect for the manager as he maintains faith in Bilel.
More regular confrontations at training

Quite simply on football alone it is a no brainer. The guy is a class act. However, without hearing the players speak out it is impossible to ascertain just how much Bilel's behaviour is effecting the team. Perhaps we are perceiving it to have an ill effect because we have hit a dip in form? I did notice the post that suggested we have the worst win ratio with Bilel in the team than any other first team player.

This thread has gone some way to wishing to dispose of Bilel's services without hearing from Bilel himself. There may of course be underlying issues. One poster informed us that Bilel is seeking behavioural therapy and that professional football was not a stable environment for him to maintain a calm persona. Let's face it the guy has been plucked from the lower leagues of French football and speaks broken English. It must be frustrating for him to play in 4 different positions before the season is up and trying to establish a relationship with your colleagues with a lack of understanding for the home language does not do any favours. It must be pointed out that Paul Scholes gave up on England for playing out of position so it obviously really gets on some people's wick.

Now, not for one minute am I condoning the actions of Bilel Moshni but it is terribly difficult to judge and based on what I know I think it is right that up until now he has been given chances to redeem his behaviours. He has shown a willingness to attend extra classes and sessions away from football to improve his behaviour and should be commended for that. He will not change over night. Having suffered with depression I know that if he is having problems mentally that he needs to be supported and loved to help improve the demons inside his head.

Whatever the club decide I hope it is done with extensive consideration. It is vital that they liaise with the captain of the team to discuss the players' opinions and it's important that thought is given to Bilel's attempts to improve. I don't think it is my place to judge what we should do with Bilel but I am sure there is more to the Bilel discussion than we give credit for on this board. Sadly you cannot forsee these issues before signing a player because I believe the high majority of people would not have taken the risk on an unknown player, although I think his individual class has been the difference in wins and losses this season. But, with a summer on Southend Sea Front skimming stones into the sea and building sand castles whilst eating candy floss playing 2p machines who is to say that Bilel will not become a folk hero for Southend! :smile:

Up the Blues!

Bilel is not playing tomorrow. So I should imagine an announcement will be put on ice till next week.

Back