• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The best thing Sturrock can do is keep Mohsni as far away from the team as possible. He's a disruptive influence, whose ability on the pitch counts for less than his most ardent fans would believe. The team is far far better without him and the performances and result prove this. If someone will buy him, then we should sell. If not then let him go, the team is better without him.

I've done this before, and it was remarked we'd get a better idea of how conclusive the stats would be later in the season, well here we are after yet another Mohsni incident, and actually the results are more damning.

--------------------- Plyd -- W -- L -- D -- F -- A -- GD -- Pts -- Pts per game -- Win %
Mohsni has started:--- 21 ---- 9 -- 8 -- 4 - 22 - 24 - (-2) - 35 ------ 1.6 ---------- 43%
Mohsni subbed on: ---- 10 ---- 4 -- 4 -- 2- 15 - 16 - (-1) - 16 ------ 1.6 ---------- 40%
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Mohsni invloved;- 31 --- 13 --12 -- 6 -37 - 40 - (-3) - 51 ------ 1.6 ---------- 42%
Mohsni not involved: -- 12 --- 10 -- 1 -- 1 - 28 - 6 -- (+22) 33 ------ 2.75 --------- 83%

Our win % is virtually double when Mohsni is not involved, we have only lost once, the game v bradford which some could argue was as a result of Mohsnigate mk2.0 at Oldham. Our goal difference is a massive 25 goals better, and we have a 50% clean sheet rate when Mohsni ins't playing. Surely proof that the TEAM is exactly that when Mohsni is not involved, and a more cohesive unit, and more importantly, succesful. An average of 2.5 goals scored, and 0.5 conceded.

We cannot gamble our promotion campaign on a loose cannon, which unfortunately, is what Mohsni is proving to be. Let's play to the sum of all parts as opposed to the talent of one individual. It works better that way.

Also for those that are interested, the sub appearances modified for the time Mohsni is on the pitch, i.e when he came on at Shrews we were 1-0 down, during his time on the pitch the result was 1-1, therefore the result in the below will show as a draw, equally, the game at Northampton was 2-2 when he came on, therefore the below will show as a 3-0 win.

--------------- Plyd - W - L - D - F - A - GD - Pts - Pts per game - Win %
Subs modified: - 10 -- 3 -- 3 - 4 - 8 - 4 (+4) - 13 ---- 1.3 --------- 30%

Maybe we should play him as sub then as we haven't been beaten in 70% games when he's come on.

If we can still gain financially from him (ie loan out and sell at the end of the season) then I think that's the best thing, as long as he doesn't improve our rivals.

If I played for Barcelona 10 times it is very likely they would have a 100% win record. This does not mean I should replace Andres Iniesta.

Depends where you played mate. I think it would be less than very likely if Barca stuck you in goal.

But I take your point and think these stats do tell a story but should not be taken as black and white as some will. Blue Wes was comparing 30 odd games where Mohsni's been involved with 12 when he hasn't. That's not really a fair test. Over the course of 30 games we're going to lose a few.

That said I do think we are a better team without Mohsni. He's so unpredictable that his own team mates don't know what he's going to do next. That's why we've been more solid at the back this season coz Sturrock decided to take him out of the back 4 and Phillips and Barker know to a much greater degree where the other will be positioned at any one time, which helps with organisation.

If you add in his proneness to having a strop and getting sent off or conceding a penalty then it kinda negates a lot of the very positive stuff he brings to the side.

However I still think he's one of the few matchwinners we have in our side alongside Ryan Hall and I believe, on his day, Dave Martin and should be kept in the squad til the end of the season. His introduction at Northampton changed that game and it's not the first time this season he's come off the bench to grab goals. If we did end up in the playoffs and were 1-0 down in the second leg would you not want Bilel on the bench?

If I played for Barcelona 10 times it is very likely they would have a 100% win record. This does not mean I should replace Andres Iniesta.

Quick, someone should get onto the phone to Guardiola. It sounds like you'd be a substantial upgrade over the current XI who have only won 6, drawn 3 and lost 1 of their last 10.

Back