• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully we get rid then.

Yep, sadly his legs are completely shot - he isn't mobile enough and he has been ruthlessly exposed repeatedly this season. A shame, because he was quality last season and has give his all. Seems a thoroughly nice chap too.

Of the guys out of contract I'd do everything to get Phillips and Grant under new contracts. I'd be tempted to keep Gilbert as well. Get Corr and Dailly on a pay-as-you-play deal, take up the option on Mohsni's contract but pass on the rest and get rid of anyone else out of contract.

Then either get Timlin to spend the summer learning to pass a football or put him on the list.

UPDATE:

GK:
Glenn Morris 2012
Dan Bentley 2013
Luke Chambers 2014

DEF:
Sean Clohessy 2013
Ryan Leonard 2012 (2013 option)
Peter Gilbert 2012
Teddy Nesbitt 2012
Bilel Mohsni 2012 (2013 option)
Chris Barker 2012
Mark Phillips 2012
Luke Prosser 2012
Graham Coughlan 2013
Pat Baldwin 2012

MID:
Michael Timlin 2013
Jean-Paul Kalala 2012 (2013 option)
Anthony Grant 2012

Kane Ferdinand 2013
Lee Sawyer 2012 (2013 option)
Alex Woodyard 2013
James Stevens 2012 (Development contract)
George Smith 2012 (Development contract)
Dave Martin 2013
Ryan Hall 2013
Merrick James-Lewis 2012
Christian Dailly (Non contract)

FWD:
Liam Dickinson 2012 (2013 option)
Elliot Benyon 2013
Neil Harris 2014

Barry Corr 2012
Harry Crawford 2012
Matt Paterson 2012
Kyle Asante 2012 (2013 option)
Blair Sturrock (Rolling contract)

Total Players: 33
Out of Contract (this summer): 14 (20 if 2013 option not taken)

Great update, cheers Smiffy.

Of the players out of contract -

I would offer Phillips 2 years and make him captain, Prosser 1 year, Grant 2 years, James-Lewis 1 year, Corr 1 year. The rest I would release.

Of the players with options, I would take up Leonard, Mohsni, Kalala and Dickinson and then try and get extensions. Release the rest.

Of the 2 development contract players, I would offer them 2 years each.

Of the players still in contract, I would try and get extensions for Hall and Ferdinand now, and look at the others through the season.

Blair Sturrock will be on a rolling contract and I'd offer Dailly a year.

Of the loanees we have had, I would try and sign Belford and Eastwood. Not sure about Hills. His Twitter farewell last night seemed quite a final goodbye.

I think we therefore only need a centre half and a left back.

If everyone accepted, this would give us a squad as follows -

GK - Belford, Bentley, Chambers

RB - Clohessy, Leonard

CB - Phillips, Mohsni, Prosser, Dailly, Coughlan plus AN Other

LB - Prosser plus AN Other

RM - Hall, Leonard

CM - Timlin, Grant, Kalala, James-Lewis, Ferdinand, Stevens, Smith

LM - Martin, Mohsni

F - Harris, Eastwood, Benyon, Dickinson, Corr, Sturrock, Mohsni

Of that number, there are obviously several makeweight or emergency players, but the loan market can be used to supplement where necessary.

If any of the players are sold or don't accept new deals, then we replace them as and when.

I'd be happy with that squad for next year.

GK: ???, Bentley, Chambers

RB: Clohessy

LB: Gilbert

CB: Phillips, ????, Prosser

CM: Grant, ???, Ferdinand, Sawyer
Wide midfield: Timlin, Leonard
Winger: Hall, Martin
Mohsni: Mohsni

Forwards: Dickinson, Harris, Benyon, ????, ????

So that's a new keeper, centre-back, centre-mid and centre-forward. Corr's welcome back if he's fit, but I doubt that he is, Sturrock's in the mix as well.

I'd like to get a couple of youngsters/non-league prospects in to then fill out the squad, like Leonard was this season.

In midfield I want a box-to-box runner, in the Nicky Bailey or Mark Bentley mould. Up front another targetman who can move would be useful. If we can get Daniels on a season long loan that'll do for keeper.

Of the development type players (plus Woodyard, Asante, Crawford) I'd let them all go. Leonard and Ferdinand are the benchmark for where young players should be at this stage in their career and none of the others have been remotely near that standard. They don't even appear to be close to the Match XVI. Leonard and Ferdinand are actually younger than the likes of Asante and Crawford, yet are trailing in their coat-tails.

GK: ???, Bentley, Chambers

RB: Clohessy

LB: Gilbert

CB: Phillips, ????, Prosser

CM: Grant, ???, Ferdinand, Sawyer
Wide midfield: Timlin, Leonard
Winger: Hall, Martin
Mohsni: Mohsni

Forwards: Dickinson, Harris, Benyon, ????, ????

So that's a new keeper, centre-back, centre-mid and centre-forward. Corr's welcome back if he's fit, but I doubt that he is, Sturrock's in the mix as well.

I'd like to get a couple of youngsters/non-league prospects in to then fill out the squad, like Leonard was this season.

In midfield I want a box-to-box runner, in the Nicky Bailey or Mark Bentley mould. Up front another targetman who can move would be useful. If we can get Daniels on a season long loan that'll do for keeper.

Of the development type players (plus Woodyard, Asante, Crawford) I'd let them all go. Leonard and Ferdinand are the benchmark for where young players should be at this stage in their career and none of the others have been remotely near that standard. They don't even appear to be close to the Match XVI. Leonard and Ferdinand are actually younger than the likes of Asante and Crawford, yet are trailing in their coat-tails.

I feel better now :smile:

11 been shown the door today....

Glenn Morris 2012
Teddy Nesbitt 2012
Pat Baldwin 2012
James Stevens 2012 (Development contract)
George Smith 2012 (Development contract)
Merrick James-Lewis 2012
Harry Crawford 2012
Matt Paterson 2012
Kyle Asante 2012 (2013 option)
Blair Sturrock (Rolling contract)

That's 11 who can go and no-one would notice (with apologies to Blair).

It's sad that the more popular the sport, the more chance there is that the passionate 'supporters' will vent their frustrations and disappointments in a manner which is often devoid of humane consideration towards the people who perform in front of them.

The players are just people who are plying their chosen profession, more often than not, to the best of their ability and they are paid an amount that is commensurate with their ability at a level dictated by the popularity of the sport.

I am sure that most of the performers (players) feel the same personal frustrations that the supporters feel when it doesn't go well.

It is, I believe, also true that a active supporter, who has personal frustrations and angers outside of the sport, will inadvertently use that sport as a vehicle to vent their personal frustrations in a manner that is excessive compared to the perceived on-field failure.

That said, beauty is in the eye of the paymaster and some paymasters are in dire need of a visit to the optician.
But also some performers are better actors than they are players.

Updated:
GK:
Dan Bentley 2013
Luke Chambers 2014

DEF:
Sean Clohessy 2013
Peter Gilbert 2012
Bilel Mohsni 2012 (2013 option)
Chris Barker 2012
Mark Phillips 2012
Luke Prosser 2012
Graham Coughlan 2013
Pat Baldwin 2012

MID:
Michael Timlin 2013
Jean-Paul Kalala 2012 (2013 option)
Anthony Grant 2012

Kane Ferdinand 2013
Alex Woodyard 2013
Dave Martin 2013
Ryan Hall 2013

FWD:
Liam Dickinson 2012 (2013 option)
Elliot Benyon 2013
Neil Harris 2014

Barry Corr 2012
Matt Paterson 2012

Updated:
GK:
Dan Bentley 2013
Luke Chambers 2014

DEF:
Sean Clohessy 2013
Ryan Leonard 2012 (2013 option) - Take up option and offer 1 year on top
Peter Gilbert 2012 - Release
Bilel Mohsni 2012 (2013 option) - Take up option and offer 1 year on top
Chris Barker 2012 - Release
Mark Phillips 2012 - 1 year deal + option
Luke Prosser 2012 - 1 year deal + option
Graham Coughlan 2013 - Retire
Pat Baldwin 2012 - Release

MID:
Michael Timlin 2013
Jean-Paul Kalala 2012 (2013 option) - Release
Anthony Grant 2012 - offer 2 year deal + make captain
Kane Ferdinand 2013
Alex Woodyard 2013
Dave Martin 2013
Ryan Hall 2013
Christian Dailly (Non contract) - Release

FWD:
Liam Dickinson 2012 (2013 option) - Take up option and offer 1 year on top
Elliot Benyon 2013
Neil Harris 2014
Barry Corr 2012 - Pay as you play deal
Matt Paterson 2012 - Release

Your gift of negative rep and your comments associated with it sadly suggest that you were not joking - agree that everyone's entitled to an opinion but some comments are just contemptible.

Get over yourself.Let's face it,probably the best career move Barry Corr could possibly make right now,would be to retire(through injury or otherwise).I doubt if he'll ever improve upon his career best haul of 2010/2011.
Having said that, I genuinely wish him well in his fight for full recovery.As I said, I woudn't wish a career threatening injury on him,(or anyone for that matter).

Updated:
GK:
Dan Bentley 2013
Luke Chambers 2014

DEF:
Sean Clohessy 2013
Peter Gilbert 2012
Bilel Mohsni 2013
Chris Barker 2012
Mark Phillips 2012
Luke Prosser 2012