• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperjon

President
Just secured my two tickets for the West Sham friendly and the guy said that ticket sales were going quite well, although he said at the moment it was people like me (season ticket holder) that were buying. I said to him that i was bringing my son who is 8 (also a ST) and was concerned about potential problems with the Spammers in our stands, especially after previous experiences and he said that they are asking whether you support Southend or West Ham, if West Ham they are selling them the North Bank seats. It wont take long for them to sell out that area i said and then he said they cant do much else. He also said on the day, any west ham fans wearing colours will be refused entry to home stands and anyone who then stands up singing or cheering west ham songs etc will also be ejected. Am i the only one who thinks this has got trouble written all over it. Should we have allocated them the west stand for this game?

there's been problems in the past so hopefully they'll be true to their word about fans in colours/fans singing.

Just secured my two tickets for the West Sham friendly and the guy said that ticket sales were going quite well, although he said at the moment it was people like me (season ticket holder) that were buying. I said to him that i was bringing my son who is 8 (also a ST) and was concerned about potential problems with the Spammers in our stands, especially after previous experiences and he said that they are asking whether you support Southend or West Ham, if West Ham they are selling them the North Bank seats. It wont take long for them to sell out that area i said and then he said they cant do much else. He also said on the day, any west ham fans wearing colours will be refused entry to home stands and anyone who then stands up singing or cheering west ham songs etc will also be ejected. Am i the only one who thinks this has got trouble written all over it. Should we have allocated them the west stand for this game?

Bet they dont.

Last time I went in the East stand there were west ham shirts clearly visible all over and none asked to leave. There was no singing but they did celebrate when they scored.

To be honest if they come in the home stands and show respect then I have no issues with them being there. Its when they think they can behave how they like because we are such a little club compared to the World Cup winning club.

I haven't attended every West Ham friendly in the past but I don't recall many problems before in the ground at the 4 or 5 games I have been to.

Is it really such an issue? It's friendly for Gods sake. We don't have problems at Canvey or Gt Wakering when we go there.

It's all money for the club, isn't it. If we sell the ground out and half are West Ham fans, then their £20 notes are the same colour as ours. Can't see it being a problem, even if they do celebrate their (inevitable) goals.

I haven't attended every West Ham friendly in the past but I don't recall many problems before in the ground at the 4 or 5 games I have been to.

Is it really such an issue? It's friendly for Gods sake. We don't have problems at Canvey or Gt Wakering when we go there.

It's all money for the club, isn't it. If we sell the ground out and half are West Ham fans, then their £20 notes are the same colour as ours. Can't see it being a problem, even if they do celebrate their (inevitable) goals.

Oh we did last pre season :smile:

Ages ago in the 2002 friendly it kicked off in the South Upper with some fat spammer ****** giving Darryl stick about his late brother.

West Ham had some quality players then, including Dailly playing!

http://www.westhamunited-mad.co.uk/rprt/mtch/southend_united_1__3_west_ham_united_54722/index.shtml

Did you sit in the car park previously then, there is always trouble at these games. If im honest it is normally them that starts it, but it will happen again. I agree about money for the club, but the problem is that its near impossible for the club to be able to seggregate the fans. id rather not play them at all or get a different prem side down here.

There has been problems every single time we have played them. Well, certainly in the West Stand anyway.

Last time I recall a couple of idiots chanting "Irons, Irons, Irons" and doing that gay X-Factor thing with their arms. For them to be politely told to shut up a few times by our fans. They being ****ed up ********s and thinking they were hard as nails, decided to ignore said advice. These two (plus a few stragglers) were last seen scarpering out the back of the West, with a large number of Southend's more unsavoury characters in pursuit.

There has been problems every single time we have played them. Well, certainly in the West Stand anyway.

Last time I recall a couple of idiots chanting "Irons, Irons, Irons" and doing that gay X-Factor thing with their arms. For them to be politely told to shut up a few times by our fans. They being ****ed up ********s and thinking they were hard as nails, decided to ignore said advice. These two (plus a few stragglers) were last seen scarpering out the back of the West, with a large number of Southend's more unsavoury characters in pursuit.

Indeed and it will happen again and again if it continues to go on

Bet they dont.

Last time I went in the East stand there were west ham shirts clearly visible all over and none asked to leave. There was no singing but they did celebrate when they scored.

To be honest if they come in the home stands and show respect then I have no issues with them being there. Its when they think they can behave how they like because we are such a little club compared to the World Cup winning club.

But isn't this is part of this philosophy that you can ''support'' two teams, one prem and your local one....

I see way to many people at home games wearing some ''premiershite'' shirt, and saying they support us ..Its been very difficult to explain to my son that this is acceptable...

I cannot understand it to be honest......

But isn't this is part of this philosophy that you can ''support'' two teams, one prem and your local one....

I see way to many people at home games wearing some ''premiershite'' shirt, and saying they support us ..Its been very difficult to explain to my son that this is acceptable...

Its often thatwhen you are young you pick a team off the telly. When you get older you make a real decision.

I "support" Arsenal because my family are from Islington and moved down here before I was born, so I then grew up supporting Arsenal. However when I was old enough to go to games I went to Southend and thats that.

I now have the challenge of brining my kids up as Southend fans, and trying to keep them away from Man City/Man Utd or whoever the bandwagon team will be in a few years!

The issue with these friendlies isnt the local West Ham armchair supporters, or the dual team supporters, its the West Ham supporters who come and think they can behave how they like because we arent a real club.

Bet they dont.

agree with all of this . yes in the last match there were some idiots in the west, there were also guys who we had a good laugh with

I don't understand or agree with the idea that you can 'support' a premier club and your local club. Just my personal view but I can only support one club and that is my home team. My father came from Tottenham and I have an interest in Spurs' scores but I can't say I support them. I know it's contentious but I can't stand seeing WH shirts in Southend. If you want to support them go and live in Plaistow or somewhere west of Romford. Live in this area then support your local team.

I don't understand or agree with the idea that you can 'support' a premier club and your local club. Just my personal view but I can only support one club and that is my home team. My father came from Tottenham and I have an interest in Spurs' scores but I can't say I support them. I know it's contentious but I can't stand seeing WH shirts in Southend. If you want to support them go and live in Plaistow or somewhere west of Romford. Live in this area then support your local team.

So Canveyshrimper and others should stay on the island and support the Ryman League side ? Ditto for Billericay and Chelmsford residents ? Perhaps Wakering too ?

I don't think it is acceptable, I've been to many games in the past that haven't involved Southend, as a 'guest', accompanying work colleagues when we've been working away and their teams were playing nearby and my wife's relatives when we've been visiting.
It's never crossed my mind to wear my 'colours' in somebody else's back yard, just went in 'civvies'. Personally, I think it's just plainly ignorant and disrespectful, apart from being, in the case of the Gallowgate at St James' Park just downright dangerous and stupid......:unsure:

If some Spammers are happy to come and watch the game in 'civvies' and not sing songs while sitting in the home areas then I can tolerate that but turn up in colours and start 'giving it large', I think that's the Cockney term :winking:, and ......... :omg:

So Canveyshrimper and others should stay on the island and support the Ryman League side ? Ditto for Billericay and Chelmsford residents ? Perhaps Wakering too ?

Sorry I'll spell it out for you. Local professional league club!

Back