• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

cluniemore

The Wee Birdie
A wee birdie told me to explain why certain players not signed up yet. Our new chief exec and the gaffer have been on holiday and the physio is also sunning himself. Plus some of his targets are holidaying and negotiating over the phone. Which means one or two of the main ingredients for players to put pen to paper are missing. Also our new CEO is very businesslike and has legal people checking the clubs contracts trying to put a uniformity to them which has stalled them slightly, but main obstacle is physios holiday . The wee birdie has a busy tuesday with at least six meetings with new potential signings and agents' he is going to use the early friendlies to view several trialist playing with team ,the birdie has invited several players to join the club for preseason training so can see them in his enviroment .And last but not least he is also going to have another trialist game in early preseason. He hopes that explains the delay and shows the intent of the club keep the faith.

Thanks Luggy's daughter, and please pass on my thanks to the wee birdie too!

That explains why the medicals are taking a while then...

Thanks for the update.

Thanks Cluniemore, horses mouth information is much appreciated, though obviously everyone on here would much rather run on speculation and rumour-it's what has made this forum what it is.:winking:

In Luggy we trust. Hopefully a couple of signings this week according to OS, Eastwood one of them lets hope.

In Luggy we trust. Hopefully a couple of signings this week according to OS, Eastwood one of them lets hope.
I certainly wouldn't get your hopes up. This weeks two signings are, IMO, likely to be a an already much mentioned winger and a goalkeeper.
I would also like to note my appreciation for the contact and info, certainly not panicking, as I seem to remember, in recent years (though not the same manager), having to wait until around deadline day for news of signings. It would also be good if this contact is accepted in the simple sense that it is offered and doesn't degenerate into a slanging match for both pro and anti-Luggy factions.
Pleased to hear that their are likely to be a number of new players joining and I hape that at least one will have some kind of a 'wow' factor (Eastwood???) and one who could be exciting in a Mohsni kind of way although one with a slightly calmer temperament!

Pleased to hear that their are likely to be a number of new players joining and I hape that at least one will have some kind of a 'wow' factor (Eastwood???) and one who could be exciting in a Mohsni kind of way although one with a slightly calmer temperament!

Yes, all very reassuring ........ as to how many players are joining will partly depend on how many of the retained players are leaving. Still somewhat disapointed that Grant has moved on and I hope that is the only "bad news" of the pre-season.

If so, then it will be still be a significant improvement on the last few summers. :thumbsup: Can we have some sunshine as well?

Yes, all very reassuring ........ as to how many players are joining will partly depend on how many of the retained players are leaving. Still somewhat disapointed that Grant has moved on and I hope that is the only "bad news" of the pre-season.

If so, then it will be still be a significant improvement on the last few summers. :thumbsup: Can we have some sunshine as well?

What was last summer's bad news then ?

I fear that really is in the lap of the Gods and more particularly in size of the cheque potential bidders will be prepared to offer. Distinctly remember reading, in the context of a thread concerning fears of us 'giving our players away'........ that any offers made for our contracted players would have to meet our estimated valuation. Not totally reassuring but as a side still plying our wares in the basement division, it is unfortunately a sad reality.

What was last summer's bad news then ?

Details of a few weeks ago are hazy - let alone last summer but was it then that we learnt that the cub was losing £45.89 each day, Barry Corr was having issues with his muffins and Blair Sturrock's move to Liverpool was not going ahead - on top of that Easton wanted to move away so that he could pursue his interest in steam locomotives.

Back