• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We will have to pay fee, but so be it. He done well against Rotherham, and given a bit more time he may settle and hopefully his performances will
Improve.

It's a shame Southend supporters are so constantly negative. I'd hate to think he comes on here and reads some of the posts. Try and give the lad some encouragement rather than slate him at every opportunity...

I will ask SK at tomorrow's meeting.

I have heard the fee will be settled by an arm wrestling contest.
Please suggest we pay by credit card over the phone for all player deals in future, that way we have 7 days to return them under distance selling regulations and if they turn out not to be fit for purpose we can put a claim into Barclaycard.

I still haven't seen enough of him to make a proper judgement yet.

Only seen bits of Straker but I think he is ok? Not sure why eveyone seems to hate him so much.

Exact same view I have, saw him and thought he looked fine, but people who have seen him more seem to think he's useless so I will wait to see him a few more times before I make a judgement

So....PS has had the luxury of 'spending money' on two players, this is for a a club that doesn't spend money or even pay it's bills & employees: Elliott Benyon and Anthony Straker :blush::blush::blush:

Stick to the freebies me thinks

Thought he was okayish on Saturday - a few poor balls punted out of the area but not as high and pointless as I have seen from Prosser in the last couple of seasons - and he looked better than when I saw him last ....... so I will be optimistic and say that "going forward" he is on "an upward curve" ...................:facepalm:

So....PS has had the luxury of 'spending money' on two players, this is for a a club that doesn't spend money or even pay it's bills & employees: Elliott Benyon and Anthony Straker :blush::blush::blush:

Stick to the freebies me thinks

There won't necessarily be a fee.

It may be all conditional, like the last time we signed a left-back who'd been playing at Aldershot.

christ i hope we dont get made to pay around 20k for him, we will go bust for crap like that:smile:

I have been told be a reliable source the fee is likely to be in the region of £250k

£17,500 plus add-ons is the price.

Meh! Were there any stipulations about when it should be paid? For obvious reasons, Aldershot are one creditor I'm quite happy to see go to the back of the queue - even if they guaranteed the money was going towards a new set of bulbs and electrical cables. ******s.

Back