• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My dad!! His dream has always been to watch the blues at Wembley but over the last few years he has battled Cancer 4 times. I was so excited when we got to Wembley I phoned him straight away and said that 65 years of him supporting the blues his dream has now come true and i was going to take him!!!

His response was that he is not well enough to travel and would rather watch it on the box.

Am gutted but is health must come first and I will ensure he gets a shirt,scarf and flag for the big day along with a programme which will be on sale from club shop a week before.

Mum has said that she is doing hot chocolate and hot dogs for him during the game so he feels like he is there

A Shrimper who lives in Romania - his parents are out visiting him for a week and he is making his dad fly back to London for the final then back to Romania for the last couple of days then back again to Canvey. If that makes any sense.

My youngest son, who bleeds blue blood, will be attending my eldest sons wedding in New York. He had already booked his flight, accommodation etc before realising the date of the final. At least he attended both Orient games, and had a couple of good nights at those.
And me, their father...... i will be at Wembley!. Yes there is a story, but its personal and my eldest son understands.

Me, Neil and Gav will be having a NYC party for the game. At 7am...

Sadly wifey has been battling a very rare form of cancer and has been receiving both chemo and radiotherapy in order to shrink the tumour leading to an op to remove it. After months of treatment we have been advised her admission date is April 1st which being a bank holiday means I assume the op to be carried out a day or two later.

After much juggling and planning I have decided to give Wembley a miss and just clear the decks and make myself available.

I hope this in no way leads to me being thought of as neither shallow or a loyal supporter. Really hope all that go will have a brilliant day out if any one deserves to its you lot:thumbsup:

Sadly wifey has been battling a very rare form of cancer and has been receiving both chemo and radiotherapy in order to shrink the tumour leading to an op to remove it. After months of treatment we have been advised her admission date is April 1st which being a bank holiday means I assume the op to be carried out a day or two later.

After much juggling and planning I have decided to give Wembley a miss and just clear the decks and make myself available.

I hope this in no way leads to me being thought of as neither shallow or a loyal supporter. Really hope all that go will have a brilliant day out if any one deserves to its you lot:thumbsup:

Goes to show that at the end of the day it's just another game of football. Best of luck to Mrs SS mate.

As reasons go, I think that is more than acceptable.

Best of luck to your wife, hope she makes a full and speedy recovery.

All the best for mrs ss

Running the Paris Marathon so unless I get round in under 3 hrs I won;t even be seeing it on TV !!

Gutted but ahd already paid for my travel , acoomodation etc and not to mention the 250 Miles I had already put in the tank running in snow etc , worst of all was I had already had over £700 sponsorship by the time we cemented our place at wembley

Will be wearing a top with some kind of Southend Reference written on by me .

Best wishes to your wife SS - and I think you should change your username as it is clearly not fit for purpose!

I've got work the next morning so I'm not going, I will watch it on TV........

:winking:

My dad!! His dream has always been to watch the blues at Wembley but over the last few years he has battled Cancer 4 times. I was so excited when we got to Wembley I phoned him straight away and said that 65 years of him supporting the blues his dream has now come true and i was going to take him!!!

His response was that he is not well enough to travel and would rather watch it on the box.

Am gutted but is health must come first and I will ensure he gets a shirt,scarf and flag for the big day along with a programme which will be on sale from club shop a week before.

Mum has said that she is doing hot chocolate and hot dogs for him during the game so he feels like he is there

Good on your Mum. Make sure she puts onions in the hot dogs!

I've no doubt that every fan who posts on here, send their sincere best wishes and support to you and your dear wife, to win her battle.

I hope your dad has a great day

My dad took me to my first game 46 years ago unfortunately he is in Care with Alzheimers and it didnt really register when I excitedly told him about wembley

Back