• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I will be on my Honeymoon ! Tried to change flights but can't so I will be getting up early to see if I can convince the hotel to show it !

My dad!! His dream has always been to watch the blues at Wembley but over the last few years he has battled Cancer 4 times. I was so excited when we got to Wembley I phoned him straight away and said that 65 years of him supporting the blues his dream has now come true and i was going to take him!!!

His response was that he is not well enough to travel and would rather watch it on the box.

Am gutted but is health must come first and I will ensure he gets a shirt,scarf and flag for the big day along with a programme which will be on sale from club shop a week before.

Mum has said that she is doing hot chocolate and hot dogs for him during the game so he feels like he is there

I wish your Dad all the best in his battle. Spoil your Mum, she sounds like a real hero.

My dad!! His dream has always been to watch the blues at Wembley but over the last few years he has battled Cancer 4 times. I was so excited when we got to Wembley I phoned him straight away and said that 65 years of him supporting the blues his dream has now come true and i was going to take him!!!

His response was that he is not well enough to travel and would rather watch it on the box.

Am gutted but is health must come first and I will ensure he gets a shirt,scarf and flag for the big day along with a programme which will be on sale from club shop a week before.

Mum has said that she is doing hot chocolate and hot dogs for him during the game so he feels like he is there

To make it even more realistic get your Mum to charge your dad £8.50 for the hot dog and £4 for the hot chocolate!

I was just thinking that I cannot think of anyone who I know who supports us that is no going to Wembley. Dont get me wrong if you live overseas etc fully understand. I was just wondering if anyone is going to miss it as they have for example a wedding.

I was within a day of having to have a tricky conversation as a really good friends daughter is getting married the day before.

I am the best man for my friends wedding the day before. After much deliberation he thought it wasn't wise to start his married life going to football the following day. His wife would have gone with him but I get the impression the in laws may have put the proverbial spanner in the works! Albeit they have pumped the majority of $ into it. Needless to say I am still going. Will be a heavy weekend

Running the Paris Marathon so unless I get round in under 3 hrs I won;t even be seeing it on TV !!

Gutted but ahd already paid for my travel , acoomodation etc and not to mention the 250 Miles I had already put in the tank running in snow etc , worst of all was I had already had over £700 sponsorship by the time we cemented our place at wembley

Will be wearing a top with some kind of Southend Reference written on by me .
Best of luck with that!

Sadly wifey has been battling a very rare form of cancer and has been receiving both chemo and radiotherapy in order to shrink the tumour leading to an op to remove it. After months of treatment we have been advised her admission date is April 1st which being a bank holiday means I assume the op to be carried out a day or two later.

After much juggling and planning I have decided to give Wembley a miss and just clear the decks and make myself available.

I hope this in no way leads to me being thought of as neither shallow or a loyal supporter. Really hope all that go will have a brilliant day out if any one deserves to its you lot:thumbsup:

I think that's probably the best reason not to go really! Offering you both my very best wishes for a successful op and a speedy recovery for your wife. Depending on your admission time though, you may still find the op is carried out on schedule.

Didnt read some of the earlier posts. Good luck to those who can't make it for unfortunate circumstances. All the best to you all. Puts football into perspective

Many many thanks for all your kind thoughts at this time. Even though I dont know the vast majority of you I am really cheered up by your best wishes. Thanks once again from myself and mrs ss :cheers:

Sorry to hear some of the reasons that people can't make it, especially those that are not able to make it through unfortunate circumstances.. Here's hoping that The Blues can at least bring a smile to your face on the day.

Sorry if it's been mentioned elsewhere; but I'm flying back from Phoenix to see the match and I'm not sure if I can get tickets before getting to the UK? Is there a website or phone number or do I have to present myself in person? Thanks in advance.

Sorry if it's been mentioned elsewhere; but I'm flying back from Phoenix to see the match and I'm not sure if I can get tickets before getting to the UK? Is there a website or phone number or do I have to present myself in person? Thanks in advance.

They go on general sale on Wednesday and you can get them sent out to you. Do you have an English address they could be sent to, not sure how the ticket office deals with overseas addresses.

You can phone and pick up later.

No chance for me , will hopefully get around sub 4hrs 30 mins, think that realistic as done a half Marathon in 1hr 45 2 years ago , but training as been difficult

All the best mate. The only advice i'll say is hold back during the first few miles. It's so easy to get carried away through the adrenalin rush, and then you'll struggle in the last 7 miles. I should know, i ran 13 of them back in the 80's!.

Even though I dont know the vast majority of you I am really cheered up by your best wishes. Thanks once again from myself and mrs ss :cheers:

I know about 5 people who post on here. Everyone on here shares the same goal (excuse the pun), and we are technically all the same family. Give your dear wife a hug and kiss from all of us.

Back