• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

IMDB Top 250 films

192 and a good exercise as it's allowed me to add at least half of the remaining 58 to my LoveFilm list as films that I really should have seen by now...

That said though, there's some right weird ranking going on. How a film with 50,000 votes of 8.1 can be higher than 250,000 votes of 8.0 is debatable...

They should really be weighting their scores to make a whole population, you'll then see a better spread.

118 Quite a broad church of viewing for me from Charlie Chaplin to all the Robert De Nero films. Would take issue with several of the choices that have made the top 250. Hardly anything with Andy Garcia (Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead jumps to mind) Although glad to see Heat up there (One of my favorites) but five Tarantino films!!? Sorry not for me. Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs were pretty good but Inglorious just didn't do it for me, haven't seen Django so can't comment and Kill Bill was average at best.

Would have liked to have seen more British films or at least more British heavy actors in the list. Get Carter, Zulu, The Long Good Friday, In Bruges, Quadrophenia and The Wall were all ground breaking stuff but I suppose an American web site is going to come down on the side of mostly American films.

Saying that, I would have liked to have seen Gangs of New York in there and possibly the Men in Black trilogy if only for it's entertainment value rather than it's cinematic greatness (yeah I know it wasn't great but it made me laugh) And no Interview With A Vampire , Kalifornia or The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (and yeah, I like Brad Pitt) but then I could say that about the lack of Edward Norton films who as an actor should be having the touch passed to him by Robert De Nero in the very near future.

118 Quite a broad church of viewing for me from Charlie Chaplin to all the Robert De Nero films. Would take issue with several of the choices that have made the top 250. Hardly anything with Andy Garcia (Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead jumps to mind) Although glad to see Heat up there (One of my favorites) but five Tarantino films!!? Sorry not for me. Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs were pretty good but Inglorious just didn't do it for me, haven't seen Django so can't comment and Kill Bill was average at best.

Would have liked to have seen more British films or at least more British heavy actors in the list. Get Carter, Zulu, The Long Good Friday, In Bruges, Quadrophenia and The Wall were all ground breaking stuff but I suppose an American web site is going to come down on the side of mostly American films.

Saying that, I would have liked to have seen Gangs of New York in there and possibly the Men in Black trilogy if only for it's entertainment value rather than it's cinematic greatness (yeah I know it wasn't great but it made me laugh) And no Interview With A Vampire , Kalifornia or The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (and yeah, I like Brad Pitt) but then I could say that about the lack of Edward Norton films who as an actor should be having the touch passed to him by Robert De Nero in the very near future.

You sir, clearly know your films.:Worthy:

Last edited:
Thank you, I wouldn't say I'm an expert but I know what I like and I know what I don't. I am a fan of British films but do like certain American actors who I feel are actors rather than film stars. Edward Norton, Robert De Nero, Kevin Spacey and Matt Damon spring to mind but I also like Brad Pitt in certain castings and also consider Johnny Depp to be a class act.

Am also fond of some of the old school such as Michael Caine, Bob Hoskins and Antony Hopkins. There are some great Irish actors out there as well such as Liam Neeson, Danial Day Lewis (has he actually made a bad film) and the late great Richard Harris. The Fiennes brother aren't too shabby either.

Can't believe I missed off my all time number 1 film Ronin with my three favorite actors, Robert De Nero, Jean Reno and Stellan Skarsgard, geniuses one and all.

Back