• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

IMDB Top 250 films

MK Shrimper

Striker
If you can be arsed to count them, how many of the 250 have you seen.

I'm on 148.5 (1/2 because I turned off Requim for a Dream)....

Good to see a lot of Hayao Myazake animations in there, though some I've never heard of. Ip man? Que?

So 101.5 to go.... :stunned:

Good to see a lot of Hayao Myazake animations in there, though some I've never heard of. Ip man? Que?

How can you not know of Ip Man? Great film.

Also at 114.

Last edited:

I won't be seeing as you can't be arsed to link.

ps Turning off Requiem for a Dream:nope:

Oddly enough I was looking at this list last night with the other half. I came in at 113, 137 to go. Same as you, a few I hadn't heard of, a few surprises in there (quite a few actually), and quite a few 'classics' that I'm still yet to see.

Well, a very fluid list. 3 Idiots is now out of the list replaced by His Girl Friday, which I have seen so thats 149.5 :thumbsup:

50 for me, but there's some debatable ones (can't ever recall watching Kill Bill all the way through so I didn't count it and I can't remember which To Kill A Mocking Bird I saw in GCSE English, so I counted that on the assumption that the school would've shown the most recent version).

50 for me, but there's some debatable ones (can't ever recall watching Kill Bill all the way through so I didn't count it and I can't remember which To Kill A Mocking Bird I saw in GCSE English, so I counted that on the assumption that the school would've shown the most recent version).

Is there two? I haven't seen either but to be fair I only read the book fairly recently (to my shame).

I'm on 122, but there must be at least 10 that I ahev not seen all the way through.
I know its all about 'opinions' and we will all think that xxxx should be higher on the lsit BUT| I don't get how 12 Monkeys and Inglorious *******sare even on that list. IB espeically would be on my ' I am not going to get back the last 2 hours of my life ' list

Drastic™;1452890 said:
A meagre 105.

A much more meagre 80. I must have at least another 20 of them on DVD or Blu-Ray but haven't got around to seeing them yet.

I've only seen four of the top ten (Shawshank, Pulp Fiction, Dark Knight & Fight Club).

Back