• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

chapperzUK

Hasn't been one for a while and there are some serious issues to be asked.

Ron said that if work didn't start in 2013, it was "back to the drawing board". What exactly does he mean by this? With Sainsbury funding the 3 stands with the 4th to be built later, how much can we cut back?

For the 4th stand, where is Ron expecting to get the capital to build it when we can't even start work on the 3 stands that we aren't even paying for?

Are Sainsbury's still going to be funding the first 3 stands, or have we used up that "pot of money" to stay in business?

With the 2011/12 accounts still not submitted to Companies House and with 3 and a half months until the 2012/13 accounts are due, what is causing the problem?

For the embargo, which we seem to have been under for long than Bruce Forsyth's life span, what debts are still unpaid or is it just the accounts that need submitting?

Who knows if we will get all the answers we are looking for, but we can at least try.

Don't we usually wait to start asking these questions / calling for Martin out etc. after we lose a few games? I thought that was the way these things worked.

Maybe this is something for SUISA?

I'd suggest that it covers non-playing matters only, so questions about why Johnny Herd isn't in the team don't distract from the important issue of onions in the burgers.

Think the only question is the one about Fossests,lost count of the number of promises /dates made by Ron.Will have a big bearing on whether Browny stays.Thought 2013 would give us the answer,how long can this go on before the s*it hits the fans

All very valid questions Chapperz. That deserve answers.

I would also like to know:

• Why the S106 agreement is still not completed, some 9 months after the last Council meeting.

SUISA? All gone very quiet on that front. Seemed a bit of a silly thing setting it up in the first place to be honest!

The Shrimpers Trust seem scared to ask any probing questions about this topic (somewhat understandably they do not want to ruin their relations with the club) but these questions need to be answered. For me this is where SUISA have an opportunity to get in there on behalf of the fans - after all they don't really have much to lose.

The Shrimpers Trust seem scared to ask any probing questions about this topic (somewhat understandably they do not want to ruin their relations with the club) but these questions need to be answered. For me this is where SUISA have an opportunity to get in there on behalf of the fans - after all they don't really have much to lose.

Can we dispel this ridiculous notion please? :facepalm: The Shrimpers Trust DO ask these questions as evidenced in liaison meeting minutes, it's just there isn't always an answer to be given!!! Some people like to play their cards very close to their chest!

Can we dispel this ridiculous notion please? :facepalm: The Shrimpers Trust DO ask these questions as evidenced in liaison meeting minutes, it's just there isn't always an answer to be given!!! Some people like to play their cards very close to their chest!

We have a right to know. They've been playing their cards close to their chest for too long now. When I last looked at the liaison meeting minutes there was more about the kids team you're sponsoring than about finances and the stadium. I totally appreciate the work you do but you can't keep going along with the standard "No change" "I don't know" "We're working on it" - we need answers.

I think everyone is being very naïve if you're expecting Ron and co to be open and honest about any of the questions posed here. We will only get told what they want us to know as proven by the fact that Ron says nothing at all now. Sooner or later events within the club will force information to become public. I don't know what those events will be but they will happen. But if you are expecting supporter groups to force the pace, it just ain't going to happen.

We have a right to know. They've been playing their cards close to their chest for too long now. When I last looked at the liaison meeting minutes there was more about the kids team you're sponsoring than about finances and the stadium. I totally appreciate the work you do but you can't keep going along with the standard "No change" "I don't know" "We're working on it" - we need answers.

We have a "right" to nothing. It's Ron's business, simple as that, he tells us as much as he wants. And he gets castigated either way.

We have a "right" to nothing. It's Ron's business, simple as that, he tells us as much as he wants. And he gets castigated either way.

What about those that have bought shares? They own part of the business so surely they have the right to know.

What about those that have bought shares? They own part of the business so surely they have the right to know.

If that were true then shareholders in the banks would have dodged the financial crash in 2008. Very few, if any, did. I think it's the same here.

If that were true then shareholders in the banks would have dodged the financial crash in 2008. Very few, if any, did. I think it's the same here.

How would they have done that? I doubt many saw the financial crash coming, although I might be wrong seeing as though I am a tad too young to know what was actually happening.

Whilst in theory shareholders have a right and vote in business operations the truth is a different kettle of fish. Ron is in a position where he makes the decisions and has the finances locked up tight so that no one truly knows whats going on. Not publishing previous years accounts is a sign he does not to disclose the true situation yet. This could be to stop any doom mongerers from ripping into them or to keep Sainsburys in the dark over the true financial situation.
You have to believe that a company the size of Sainsburys would not have entered into this deal without full access to the books. Just taking Honest Ron's words on it would have been foolhardy.
I am sure the whole financial situation is inter weaved with all aspects crossing over and monies being redirected to what is needed to keep the club afloat whilst hoping added revenue arrives to fill the hole.
We can ask and plead for details but apart from Ron keeping his word and keeping us abreast of the situation via regular dialogue (not happening) we can moan until we are blue in the face, it will not faze Ron at all.

The classic Mushroom analogy is apt

Kept in the Dark and fed on Bulls**t !

How would they have done that? I doubt many saw the financial crash coming, although I might be wrong seeing as though I am a tad too young to know what was actually happening.

Compliments on your threads If indeed you are too young to truly know what went on, then the maturity in your threads is impressive.:thumbsup:

Exactly. The fact that you are a shareholder does not mean you will get first dibs on information regarding a business when the **** is hitting the fan.

Back